“Great Family Get Away!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mossyrock
Lake Mayfield Marina Resort & RV Park
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I was skeptical of this place because of some of the reviews I had read about the "rules and rude owners" but it was the only place on Lake Mayfield that was available on short notice for a weekend getaway. I am pleased to say that those who have posted about the former owners...they are GONE, because the new ownership is wonderful. From the reservation set up over the phone to the final ice cream purchase as we left the marina store, our experience with everyone there was pleasant. The RV park was a bit crowded, but not enough that it took away from our experience. In fact, we got to know those around us and it added to our experience. If you are looking for a place where you are meeting with friends and want to be near them this is the place for you! If you are looking for a place to get away from it all you may want to go elsewhere (although there were a few sites that were more secluded. I would suggest #36 & #37 as they are down at the end with your own private deck overlooking the marina, but no sewer). The back in spaces (where we stayed) have an unusual "stadium" like feel to them, with parallel spots positioned above them. Again if you have a group get together with multiple RVs this is awesome, because everyone is right next to each other (and above or below each other). We rented a "party boat" and spent four hours exploring the lake (reasonably priced at $50 for two hours and comfortably sat our two families - four adults and three kids). They also rent paddle boats and kayaks too. It has a great play area for kids (our kids spent most of their time there), a basketball court, small swim area with slides, lots of gathering areas for groups with firepits and bar-b-ques and many other extra amenities. The best part of our trip was the Saturday night family dance at the large pavilion over looking the lake. The owners brought in a DJ and everyone danced into the night (it ended by 9:30 or so). Little kids, teenagers and adults (young and old) danced, laughed and had fun to music that was family friendly! Overall I would say that this is a great place to stay and we will be back (my wife and I spent our final day wandering around the place with a map, marking our preferred spots for next time)!!! The owners even let us stay past the check-out time because no one was coming in behind us, leaving us to extend our time and feel no pressure to leave on time. Again...the owners are new and VERY friendly (an older couple and their son) so don't let the comments about rude owners dissuade you from this place.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Ken B

Reviewed 1 August 2011

Our family stayed in the cozy cabins for 3 nights. We went fishing, boating, swimming in the lake, hiking, saw a movie in the Great Hall, played badmitton, ate yummy ice cream and were treated like we were special. The place has brand new owners and they are truly heaven sent. The entire staff was so wonderful to us. We are looking forward to getting back there asap. Perhaps even one more trip this summer! Super place to take the "city kids" and experience everything the great outdoors has to offer. Actually would like to keep the place a secret but loved the owners so much just just can't help but share.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank mkeptc
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We recently spent a weekend at the Lake Mayfield Resort & Marina - http://www.lakemayfield.com/ - and had an amazing time. It is under new ownership and the owners are extremely welcoming and friendly. The staff will go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. We camped on Adventure Island (yes, it's an actual island!) which is a quiet, unique experience with amazing views of the lake. The resort is family-friendly with tons of outdoor activities. The bathrooms are extremely clean and the whole resort is in great condition. We plan to go back all summer long!

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank kristinaperlita
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Great place for rest and relaxation! New owners Trent and his Mom Joy were wonderful to work with. So friendly and accomindating! The resort is so beautiful and we enjoyed 3 awesome sunny days of boating. Will are for sure coming back....maybe August? Loved it and we highly recommend staying here. We stayed at the Johnson Terrace...lovely! Thanks again Trent and Joy....WE WILL BE BACK!

Room Tip: Try Johnson Terrace if you don't have an RV to use. Nice room with a great kitchen and view of...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lovetofish82
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My husband, myself and our 9 year old son stayed at the Lake Mayfield Resort for 4 days over the 4th of July this year. We stayed in the Winston Cove kitchenette 1br room on the 2nd floor with a beautiful view of all the action. We rented canoes 3 times and also a small aluminum skiff with kicker. The fish weren't biting but we enjoyed our time on the water all the same. The staff were all extremely helpful and nice. The store is very well stocked. We enjoyed their "family dances" at the pavillion, watching 25 young kids try to dance the Macarena is always amusing! Its definitely a family oriented resort. We saw no rowdy out of control behavior and I loved the 10pm quiet rule. We would definitely stay here again, its a beautiful lake. Unfortunately their restaurant wasn't open while we were there but we heard from other guests that its a great place to eat.

Room Tip: Take a canoe up to the falls!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MangoFamily
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We as a family can't see how anyone could have not enjoyed their stay at the resort and marina.
We were lucky enough to have found it on one of our day trips in I believe 2008. We happened on it by accident since we were looking for the one run by Tacoma Power and made a wrong turn.
Since it was april or there about, and the store wasn't busy, we were given the grand tour of all of the buildings and plenty of time was spent answering our questions. Since we both work for a large hotel chain, we think about these things differently than most I guess. We were impressed enough to go back with our boat soon after that and stayed in the Itsy for the night, and used the boat slips. We were hooked.
We have returned several times with as many family members that we could talk into trying something different, and this years reservations have been made since February to make sure that we would get the accomodations that we wanted.
We have always been made to feel welcome by both the staff and other campers, and have never had any problems with anyone we have encountered there. I can't say the same about the other campground.
The fact that I can just step into and out of the boat when it is time to catch the big one, and not have to worry about getting wet or hurt in the process is enough for me, but it doesn't end there. The showers were surprisingly long for the money, and though not as up to date as some, there hasn't been a lineup waiting for it since there isn't 2000 other people using it also.
The fishing is great, though we haven't always come back with a boat load. I guess that is way they call it fishing not catching. There are fish down there though (we have the pictures of our fish finder to prove it), unless our fish finder is lying to us. The lake is enjoyable even if the fish aren't biting. The other boaters at this end of the lake actually seem to have some boating manners.
It might not have all of the grass that can be found at others in the area, but you don't have to contend with workers out mowing, leaf blowing, tree trimming and all of the other noisy activities that we have run into, either.
We have never had the experience of loud, foul mouthed, onoxious campers near us at the resort. I can't say the same for our stays at the other place.
I agree with those saying that if you want to have a party when you go camping this is not the place for you. I go there to enjoy my self doing things that I don't get to do but a few times a year. But there is a place for you that feel otherwise, it is just down the road aways.
I was surprised that anyone would complain about any of the rules. To me they seem to just be common sence, and nothing to get upset about.
As for the rates that are charged there, I would like to find out where these people go that they have water, power -and- sewer hookups at every RV. In our experience there have only been a handful out of 25-50 or more sites with that. And as for the rooms and cabins, though I have yet to stay in one (hopefully on another trip this year) the prices don't seem to me to be that much. Have you stayed at just a decent hotel lately? If we had to pay the full price to stay at one of our hotels, there would go the vacation money. Sure you can find some that are less, but you get what you pay for (or don't) most of the time. No thank you.
My goal in this life is to get one of the memberships at Mayfield Resort and Marina so that we will be able to enjoy the good company that we have found there more often than we have so far, and I think that the rest of the family is coming around to our way of thinking after finally checking it out recently.
Since the restaurant is only open on the weekends, and our work scedule doesn't allow for us to be there most weekends, we haven't tried it yet, but hope to soon.
I not only have the web site as one of my favorites, but the phone number is on my list on my phone to make for easier access. When a chance for us to get there comes up I'll be speed dialing to make the reservations.
I'd say try it once,and you'll come back for more, but I'm selfish enough to want for there to be space available when I want to stay there. You could just stop in and check it out if you happen to be in the area like we did when we first found it though. I can't imagine that you will be sorry.
My first thought when I found out that new owners just recently took over, was that they would be making changes, but after talking to Cheryl in the office, if there are changes they will be good ones. Very good ones.
I don't know if you could tell, but we highly, highly, highly recommend the place.

Room Tip: middle row of RV sites closest to office
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank sunnybee_11
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Wow. It was a jarring experience to drive up to the serenity of the lake, looking forward to our vacation, only to be greeted with the angriest person on the planet, a rude marina employee by the name of Sheryl. The way she spoke with upon arriving, with all her rules and telling us how to behave, made us feel like we were guilty of crimes we had not yet committed, and yet we are just a quiet family who just wanted to peacefully enjoy our time away. She clearly doesn't like her job, nor the guests she must deal with. What a pity, as it sets a tone and gives you a lasting impression of the Lake Mayfield experience, as you can see and hear her getting on her guests' case all day long, every day. There are plenty of rental houses to stay in at the lake, so when we return, we will choose this option and not stay at the marina.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank thetraveler061
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mossyrock
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Silver Lake
Paradise RV Campground
Paradise RV Campground
#1 of 2 in Silver Creek

Been to Lake Mayfield Marina Resort & RV Park? Share your experiences!