“Management and staff make the difference” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Texas
“Management and staff make the difference”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at this same property two years ago, and came back because it was in a convenient location and the price was good. We are certain to return again due to the friendly and helpful management and staff. Shortly after we checked in we called down to the desk reporting a problem with the TV remote. In minutes there was a knock on the door and the owner of the hotel came and took care of it. He mentioned that he noticed the room had an "off" smell and offered a discount for that night and assured us that housekeeping would take care of it the next day, which they did. They next day we had another very minor issue that was taken care of very quickly. The room was very clean, and believe me, I look closely at everything in the bathroom! We slept comfortably every night of our 5 night stay. The refrigerator was a bonus I didn't expect, and proved very handy. Reasonable, clean, comfortable, convenient - and great people there to take care of you. We look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I don't know if there is new management since a few years ago or what, but I've noticed quite a bit of difference compared to my last stay a few years ago. The rooms seem cleaner and brighter. I can tell they have really stepped up their game. I remember the pool was cold at the time but when we walked in, I don't know if it was because of the sun, but it looked like someone took the ocean from the Caribbean and dumped it into their pool. It was so clean and clear. The temperature was perfect! Like I said I will be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
British Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Close to the Interstate and close to Walmart and several food outlets. Great breakfast selection. Good price and good value. Friendly, helpful staff. Really nice kitchen with a full-size fridge. Negatives: The bed was not the most comfortable, and the refrigerator compressor made a nasty racket.

Room Tip: This was my third visit; all rooms seem to have pluses and minuses. Closer to the freeway is closer...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
QualityInn_GM083, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very pleased you enjoyed the service of our hotel staff during you stay and will share your review with them. I am sorry to hear your refridgerator was not working properly during your stay. Rest assured, our handy maintenence engineer has addressed the issue and we have taken precautions to ensure this is not a further occurance for our guests. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to town!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at this Quality Inn a few years ago and it was ok but they've added flat screens and the rooms seem different. The service as excellent but the kicker was that the general manager was at the breakfast first thing in the morning to open the door and greet me and other guests. I've never seen that at other Quality Inns. The pool was crowded with cyclists but aside from that I had a really good stay and just booked again for August. I give this hotel two thumbs up.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you Yura for the awesome review! We have made great strides as far as our customer service is concerned and are very happy to reap the rewards of satisfied guests! We are looking forward to seeing you again this August!

Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Awesome stay. clean rooms, good service and the kids loved the pool. Much better than the Days Inn I stayed at last nightThe front desk service and rooms are far nicer than I expected when I pulled into the parking lot. But the front desk girl was so helpful and pleasant. She printed maps, gave me suggestions for shopping and what restaurant to eat at (Skagit Brewery

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the flattering review! I will share your words with our Front Desk staff. We strive for excellence in service and it is wonderful to hear positive feedback in this area. We stand behind our value, and can't wait to offer you the same great experience on your next visit to our area!

Malden, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here one night while vacationing in the Pacific northwest. Check in and out were very quick and the staff friendly and helpful. Don't let the fact that it is right beside I-5 fool you-we slept very well and did not notice any noise. Beds were comfortable. The AC/fan unit quit working in the night but we didn't need it-temps were cool and we just had it on in case we heard noise from the freeway which we didn't. Breakfast was good the next morning-usual things such as pastries, waffles, eggs, etc. I don't think they had Wi-Fi here but there was a computer in the lobby that I noticed people using. I liked the fact that you had to use your card key to access the vending machines, ice, breakfast room, etc. Made it feel very secure. We did not use the pool. Walmart and restaurants near by. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the pleasant words in your review! I am glad to see all of our ammentities were fully functional and to your liking, I will share this with our hard working maintenence engineer. We do in fact offer FREE Wi-fi included with every stay should you ever visit us again in the future!

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel was a little over an hour north of Seattle and was the perfect base for us to make our way to North Cascades National Park the next morning. The property was located close to the interstate but we could not hear it from our room. There is a Walmart near by, which was perfect for us to pick up a few supplies we needed before heading out.
Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The front desk lady was very nice and welcoming.
We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
QualityInn_GM083, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thanks for the thoughtful review! I'm happy that you were able to take advantage of our location as a starting off point for your cascadian adventure! I think our hotel is a perfect 'jumping-off-point' for all sorts of fun excursions to the Cascades. Mount Baker, and the San Juan Islands. We hope to have you back during your next frolic in Northwest Washington!

-Kevin Widoff
Days Inn Mt. Vernon
#5 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Candlewood Suites Burlington

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!