“Respectable and economical motel in Mt. Vernon”

Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Tucson AZ
“Respectable and economical motel in Mt. Vernon”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Good option for those looking for a respectable two star motel in Mt. Vernon. I did a little homework before I booked this room using Booking.com, and I was not disappointed. I booked a single queen, but when I got there, they didn't have any. However, they gave me a double queen for the same price, so I cannot complain. The price was right and the room was clean. The continental breakfast was reasonable. On the other hand, the toilet ran constantly, had to close door to sleep. The hotel could benefit from a remodel. The location is right off the highway, but personally I would have preferred it be slightly further off to mitigate road noise.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FirstOnes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Tulip Inn a couple of times and I can only say that for the price it's a great place. Staff is friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Two twin beds, a microwave and a refrigerator. My wife loved the shower, lots of hot water and ample pressure. The AC worked well all night long. Despite being completely full I didn't notice any real noise from other guests. You can hear a bit of freeway noise in the bathroom at night, but I didn't notice any in the main sleeping area. Convenient freeway access and there's a number of restaurants nearby. We'll definitely return here again!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PhotoTravelerDan
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Exit 227 College Way Mount Vernon, easy access to I5 North and South, Burlington Outlets close by and Seattle Premium outlets 25 minutes away. Parking is easily accessible. The room had two queen size beds clean bedding, ample room for 2 adults and 2 kids, nice clean washroom. The bonus perk was having a free continental breakfast in the morning. I would stay there again best dollar value for accommodations, got a good nights rest.

Room Tip: Higher Floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank J T
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2013

After traveling for about 20 days on a motorcycle and having a fair share of crappy hotel rooms, this place was a nice surprise. We knew we had hit the right spot the minute we started chatting with the sweet girl at the front desk. She knew customer service and was very good at it. We had not had that in alot of the places we stayed. The room was great, the bed was wonderful. She had assured us that they had nice new pillow top mattresses and she was right! The breakfast was more than we had seen at most hotels and the coffee was actually good with real cream! All in all I would highly recommend this nice motel and ask for Leeza if you are in doubt!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TJ G
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We bought tires in Burlington so we booked this place for an overnight stay. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower was good and and the breakfast was satisfactory. Good value for your dollar.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oleVancouverBC
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I'm not 100% sure if it is me, or if this place has gone downhill a tad. Tulip Inn used to be a motel that I stayed at once every few months while in town. When in town, I simply need a comfortable place to sleep, and so I'm always looking for a bargain. I hesitate to write a negative review because the staff has always been so great. But the last two times I stayed there, the rooms seemed more run down and stuffy than I remembered. The walls seemed thinner, the noise louder, and the other guests let kids run loose until after midnight knocking on doors and being loud. Obviously this isn't the managers fault, but I'm going to be honest and say it seemed like a "rougher neighborhood" than it used to be. While struggling with these feelings, the person at the front desk kind of came down on me about how I managed to get such a good rate. Wow. As if it was my fault and I tricked them. Apparently I was mistakenly given a "truck driver" rate ($59) when she said I should pay $75 (they still honored the $59 rate). Funny thing is the side of the building shows $64--not $75 Anyway, she left me feeling like I had done something wrong, although she did finally apologize for coming down on me. So the lack of sleep, holes in the walls, unrepaired curtains, noise, stuffy rooms, rate confusion...I'm on the search for my new regular place. (But most of the staff there is great!)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Mount Vernon hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed here over the long weekend and was pleasantly suprised to find the accesibility of the hotel from the I5. Close driving distance to the Bay View State park (off exit 231), shopping and the renowned Cascade mall. The room itself was clean and quite. The bed was fairly soft, but that could just be me because, I like a firmer mattress. I would say the value for money this is a good deal but I am sure for the same price you could do better. The front desk staff was very helpful and obliging and there was an all you can eat sushi place close by that gave a real good bang for the buck. Teh water pressur in the shower was not very strong and for some reason the water would not drain quickly ennough so all through the shower you would have your feet in a puddle. The breakfast was a let down. Nothing to write home about. Infact we did nto find it appitizing enough to even try out anything. The coffee was decent but that was all I had. Again please note this is my personal observation and nothing that the hotel did wrong. That is just what was available and I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Cocusa Motel
Cocusa Motel
#5 of 5 in Burlington
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington

Been to Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!