“Very nice motel”

Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed 28 September 2008

a very nice, clean motel. The owner was really friendly and suggested interesting places for our hiking. Will come back again if I happen to be in the area.

• Stayed: September 2008

Reviewed 2 August 2008

We've been staying at the Tulip Inn once or twice a month for a couple of years now and enjoy our stay there very much. It's clean and decorated nicely with comfortable beds. The management is always friendly and helpful. The small refrigerator and microwave is helpful for us as is the continental breakfast. Very satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2008

We were a little worried about it not being a hotel chain hotel, but that was needless. It was great! Clean & quiet. Had a very small selection for their continental breakfast, but didn't partake.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2008

Four of us went down to Washington last weekend for a shopping trip and stayed at The Tulip Inn on Friday and Saturday night. The staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean. We liked that there was a fridge and a microwave in the rooms and that they offered pastries and coffee in the lobby in the morning. The pipes were a bit loud when someone in a nearby room was showering, but overall it was very quiet considering the hotel is just off the highway. The price was very reasonable. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2008

Excellent Choice. I was going to be participating in the Tulip Pedal bike ride in La Conner and stayed here for one night. I was more than pleased. It doesn't have all the fancy amenities, but the room was gorgeous, clean and comfortable. It had a kitchenette, so I was able to fix my breakfast the next morning. I liked having the wireless internet and the wonderful homemade chocolate chip cookies provided by the owners. They have a complimentary continental breakfast, but I didn't partake. The owners are sweet people and the whole staff was friendly and helpful. I definitely will be staying there again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank diannagail
Reviewed 31 March 2008

We will definitely stay at the Tulip Inn again. It was quiet, clean, non-smoking, and very reasonably priced. The staff were excellent and incredibly helpful. The area seemed safe. We booked our stay based on the reviews. Although I'm not sure, I think the staff are also the owners. Either way, the woman who helped us (and her husband) were very geared towards customer service.

The room we stayed in (Rm 218) had been re-done probably within the last couple of years. The paint, carpet, and bedding seemed new. The bathroom had obviously been updated recently. Other than a few indiscreet cobwebs, some dust up high, and some stains on the chairs (happens when you allow food) the room was clean. The rooms had key-cards that you swipe to get in and also a deadbolt. The mattress was medium firm, one of the better I've had in a low-priced hotel.

We specifically picked a room on the 'freeway side' because I am much more susceptible to 'people noise' than 'car noise.' The bathroom separates the bedroom from the freeway and when I closed the bathroom door I could barely hear the freeway. I use a white noise machine to sleep and with it on I couldn't hear the freeway at all. As with these types of hotels, the walls are thin and we could hear people outside. However, although the hotel was full, we didn't have any problem with noise the two nights we were there. I don't think the hotel attracts the younger crowd who may be more inclined to make noise (we saw an older woman and several couples). That said, the plumbing is VERY NOISY. We were awakened early one morning by our neighbor taking a shower. It was easy to go back to sleep, but it was surprising.

The rooms have microwaves and mini-fridges. Also free wi-fi. We mistakenly brought our computer without a wireless card and couldn't get the ethernet to work. The staff offered to move us to a different room but it wouldn't work there either. Also...we noticed that room had been previously smoked in. The hotel is non-smoking but it might be wise to check out the room before settling on one if you are susceptible to smoke. Also, the phone in our room was a little problematic. We had to jiggle the cord to get it to work.

The continental breakfast wasn't ready by the time we left each morning so I can't comment on that other than to say that it was late. The location is close to many restaurants (some chains) just up the street. Following College Way to Riverside Drive, turning left, and over the bridge you'll find just about everything you could want (Home Depot, Kinko's, Jamba Juice, Olive Garden, etc.).

For $60 a night, the Tulip Inn was a bargain. If you're not expecting a 4-star hotel (and why would you at only $60 a night?) I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the Tulip Inn.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2008

You have a few chain hotels and a smattering of independents in the area (Mt Vernon/Burlington). This one was a very pleasant find and for the rate $54.00 a nite, certainly can't be beat. Owners are slowly re-doing and updating the inn. It's older than most, right off a side road to I-5, very easy to find. Staff is very accomodating. Our flight was very late in arriving. We called the Inn, they stated no problem. Their is not late nite staff, so they left the card key in a designated place. Arrived and hit the sack. Room were clean, new carpet/paint/updated bath rooms. Box springs and mattress's and beading are the next things that need updating. For a motel at a rate of $54.00 they had high speed wireless internet access. It worked flawlessy!! Housekeeping staff is very helpful as well. Just about anything you need they will roundup for you. Mount Vernon is a small town and the Inn is very centrally located to everything. You won't earn an free nite stays like the chain hotels/motels, but you will experience a nice stay at a locally owned/operated motel. They do have a nice casual continental breakfast - Fresh fruit, OJ, Danish and coffee..a nice starter for the day. There are a few fast food joints in the area and a food buffet right next door.....by all means give this in a shot.

• Stayed: February 2008
13 mi away
Anaco Bay Inn
Anaco Bay Inn
#6 of 10 in Anacortes

Been to Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!