“Perfect 2 Star Motel”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Susanville
“Perfect 2 Star Motel”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This property is as advertised and better in some ways. I expected a clean room with friendly check in, that was all. Free wifi, Fridge and Microwave in room, ice machine never ran out of ice. The wifi was also fact and never has problems like so often happens in larger properties.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank This_Hotel_Guy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I booked a room for one night at the Tulip Inn through booking.com. Booking.com's cancellation policy for the Tulip Inn was 48 hours in advance. I accepted that policy when I booked the room. I had an unexpected change of events and had to cancel my room the day of the reservation.

Since I was canceling day of, I called the Tulip Inn directly to let them know and to explain that I did not know until that morning that I needed to cancel. I explained that booking.com would not let me cancel online, so I was giving them a courtesy call to let them know that I would not show up.

The woman I spoke with on the phone was incredibly unpleasant and rude. I did not ask for a refund, I just simply said that I could not cancel on booking.com and was voluntarily calling to let them know that I would not need the room. The woman insisted on yelling at me that the policy for booking.com is that you cannot cancel and I would have to pay for the room. I repeatedly told her that I understood and I was merely letting them know. The yelling continued until I finally hung up.

About an hour later booking.com called me to confirm that I actually wanted to cancel the room. I told them yes and then learned that it is up to THE HOTEL and not booking.com to waive the room fee when someone cancels within 48 hours. The booking.com representative let me know that she asked the woman at Tulip Inn twice if she would waive the fee and the woman refused twice.

I am not submitting this review because I believe the room fee should be waived, I am submitting this because if you are going to get treated that rudely and disrespectfully over the phone when making a VOLUNTARY COURTESY call, then I can only imagine how one will be treated when actually staying there.

I now know the Tulip Inn is not a place I will ever book a room with again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank IcePixie70
Ruston, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed more than one day, they refused to service the room during the stay, but I guess I could take the towels to a laundromat? Lots of luck with this one. By the way, no discount for the lack of service.

Room Tip: With the lack of service, its not much value to me.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Mike F
Friday Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I have stayed at the Tulip Inn on many occasions. The rooms are nice and clean but a bit outdated as is typical in hotels of this price range. That said, the towels are nice, the sheets ARE NOT threadbare and amenities are nice. The coffee is even decent. People are great, friendly and helpful. Also nice to be across the street from Walmart.

Downsides? Sure. Issue #1: buildings next door use sodium vapor (yellowish) lamps to light their properties after dark. The back window in the kitchenette room has no shade and the light shines in all night. Easy fix for them. Issue #2, not so easily fixed: trains rumbling by in the middle of the night. Not super loud but disturbing enough. Issue#3: freeway noise. Nuffield said.

Winter rates here are lowest of the season and Tulip Inn is a great bargain. Not so much in the summer when tourists flood the area and rates skyrocket... But they do that all over the area.

Summary: recommended as a good, clean place to stay in a great location at a very reasonable price. I shall return (again)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank FriDave
Tucson AZ
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Good option for those looking for a respectable two star motel in Mt. Vernon. I did a little homework before I booked this room using Booking.com, and I was not disappointed. I booked a single queen, but when I got there, they didn't have any. However, they gave me a double queen for the same price, so I cannot complain. The price was right and the room was clean. The continental breakfast was reasonable. On the other hand, the toilet ran constantly, had to close door to sleep. The hotel could benefit from a remodel. The location is right off the highway, but personally I would have preferred it be slightly further off to mitigate road noise.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FirstOnes
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Tulip Inn a couple of times and I can only say that for the price it's a great place. Staff is friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Two twin beds, a microwave and a refrigerator. My wife loved the shower, lots of hot water and ample pressure. The AC worked well all night long. Despite being completely full I didn't notice any real noise from other guests. You can hear a bit of freeway noise in the bathroom at night, but I didn't notice any in the main sleeping area. Convenient freeway access and there's a number of restaurants nearby. We'll definitely return here again!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PhotoTravelerDan
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Exit 227 College Way Mount Vernon, easy access to I5 North and South, Burlington Outlets close by and Seattle Premium outlets 25 minutes away. Parking is easily accessible. The room had two queen size beds clean bedding, ample room for 2 adults and 2 kids, nice clean washroom. The bonus perk was having a free continental breakfast in the morning. I would stay there again best dollar value for accommodations, got a good nights rest.

Room Tip: Higher Floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Candlewood Suites Burlington
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 5 in Mount Vernon

Been to Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!