“Everything I have eaten here has been fabulous!”
Review of Las Espuelas

Las Espuelas
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I visit Las Espuelas a few times a year, and without fail, everything I've eaten there has been fresh, hot and authentically delicious. Chips and salsa outstanding. So are the tostadas! Their vegetarian options are wonderful too...plus, the service is outstanding.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Even though we have an ever growing list of favorite local Mexican places, it looks like we have one now for Mountlake Terrace. It is a bit pricey, but some of the meals served at our table had quite a bit of food on it. My chile relleno and enchilada combo meal was good. There are probably other local places I prefer better, but this is still a great choice. The staff is very friendly and check in on you more than some other places. What I really liked about the place is the dining room. It is clean and the decor is just awesome. Being Spanish for The Spurs, Las Espuelas has owners who have a love for cowboys. Pictures, chairs, saddles hanging from the ceiling, and even a coat rack with horseshoes for hangers. We were tempted to eat outside on a lovely evening, but stayed in just to enjoy the decor. It was our first visit, but probably won't be our last.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great little restaurant with fantastic atmosphere, consistent friendly service and delicious food! Go there more than once and the owner will remember you and come over to your table to say hello. We eat here at least once a month and we have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Went in on a week night and we were greeted by a very nice gentleman and seated right away. The decor is southwest-mex and pretty cool. It's really clean and bright. The variety is really good and the portions are big and tasty. Nobody left our table wanting more. The wait staff is fast, friendly, efficient and it certainly didn't hurt that they were all very pretty ladies. Just a great stop.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Was so bored with Azteca for lunch that I invited work mates out to Las Espuelas - a risky thing having never been. Everyone was so happy with the food. The serving staff was super nice too. It has a large and interesting menu - it's not like some Mexican restaurants where every dish is the same, just stacked in a different way.
I had Chicken Mole, which was very tender and tasty, with a rich chocolately mole. A corworker had a chicken enchilada stuffed with chicken breast meat - nothing wimpy there. I didn't get to have a cocktail, but I'm sure they are good. Everything else was. Hard to find Las Espuelas the first time, it's in a little strip mall in Mountake Terrace, but well worth finding it.