“Nicest "chain" hotel I've been to yet!”

Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mukilteo
Vancouver, Canada
“Nicest "chain" hotel I've been to yet!”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I was pleasently surprised at how charming this hotel is!
We were travelling from Vancouver BC and wanted an overnight and a day of shopping at the Outlet malls. All the hotels directly around the Outlets were either grossly overpriced or just gross! I finally stumbled on a review on yahoo.com and decided to book this hotel, even though it was about 20 minutes past the outlets....I'm so glad I did!
The hotel itself is lovely, and charming and has that "seaside-Inn" feel, as soon as you walk in! But what got us the most, was as soon as you get out of your car, you are hit with the amazing fresh smell of sea-air! I loved it!
We were sad that we couldn't upgrade to an ocean view - as that's what this hotel is "known" for - but there was a Wedding party staying the same night and all the rooms were booked.
The room itself was clean, modern, and tastefully decorated.
Only one *tiny* downside was that our room had a slight aroma of B.O.??? ick!! We opened the window, turned on the bathroom fan and sprayed some perfume....it did the trick for one night - but if we were staying multiple nights I probably would have said something to the front desk. Oh and I felt like the pillows were a little flimsy...but that's personal preferance.
The continental breakfast the next morning was the highlight!! What a breakfast!! Eggs, sausages, fresh (homemade??) salsa, waffle station, pastries, cereals, fruit - it was wonderful!!All while sitting and looking out at the gorgeous ocean view!!

Room Tip: Make sure to book an ocean view room!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear MapleKitty:

Good morning from Mukilteo and thank you for your comments in regards to your previous stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the apparent odor in your room and be assured that I have addressed this with our housekeeping team. I would love the oppurtunity to welcome you back as our guest and be sure to pre-inspect your room prior to arrival.

Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you make a reservation and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Mark Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed here because of an early morning tour scheduled for the Boeing Plant. We were delighted with the hotel and couldn't believe the view. Our room was a good value, clean and neat and the morning breakfast was delicious. Really terrific place.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Journeygrace
, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Journeygrace:

Thank you so much for your great feedback about our property. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should need anything else and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Sharpsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed 8 days in one of the fireplace/water view rooms-when you want a waterfront room getting one where the water is under your "balcony" at high tide definitely fits the bill. Never felt more welcome at a hotel, very clean, and personable staff. We were given a little gift bag at check in-snacks and micro popcorn etc. We were offered bottles of water in the morning as we headed off on our adventures, for FREE. (That has never happened to me before in 35+ years of travel.) Breakfast was tasty-sausage, scrambled eggs and belgian waffles, the view from our room was spectacular: eagles every day, a seal just about every day. Even the record setting rain, didn't dampen the trip. Loved the location-great local restaurants, access to the ferry, and the train to Seattle.

Room Tip: Go the few extra bucks for waterfront/fireplace suite. You won't be sorry.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear DDM813:

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our property! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should need anything else and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can. The hotel has also started to offer a new variety of waffles as well! Each day our guest's now have the option of our regular waffle or a blueberry waffle, and then the next day a cinnamon waffle.

WENATCHEE
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Waited until we arrived to decide if we wanted to upgrade to a sea view room. So glad we did! From the wonderful welcome at the front desk, recommendations for dinner, very comfortable and clean room, smiling staff at breakfast, ease of checkout - we loved it all!

Room Tip: Worth the upgrade to a sea view. Very quiet, well appointed room, watched the Whidby Island Ferry sa...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear Muttley56UK:

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the upgraded room to a sea view room, and that our front desk staff was accomodating to your inquiries as well. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I have stayed many nights in Silver Cloud Inns, but this was my first time at the Mukilteo location.
I made a reservation for a Saturday night because I was attending a wedding nearby. I called that morning to request an early check in, which was granted me by the pleasant front desk staff member who answered my call; in spite of the high occupancy I was allowed to check in at 1:30 pm. I was even upgraded to a partial water view room with a fireplace!

The room was sparkling clean, the bed comfy and had lots of pillows and soft linens. There was a concealed fridge and microwave in the cabinet beneath the flat screen TV. A large desk and free wireless internet allows space for a little work (if you must!). The sink/vanity was placed conveniently outside of the bathroom (toilet and tub/shower). My request for extra towels was cheerfully obliged. The French Doors opened to a miniscule "deck" barely wide enough to stand on, but the fresh air and view were very enjoyable.

The complimentary breakfast is ample and the waterfront view lounge is the most pleasant of spaces in which to enjoy it. The staff member who was about to close down the buffet asked my party if we would like anything else before she took everything away...so considerate! I have never been experienced that courtesy before!

I had every intention of using the Fitness facility, but never got around to it...probably because the waterfront park and Diamond Knot Brewhouse just down the street beckoned me out. There is also an Ivar's Fish Bar and Restaurant next door for dine in or handy take out for al fresco dining at the park.

The hotel is really charming, and the waterside location can't be beat. Small enough to be cozy, but large enough to be luxurious and provide just about everything I wanted within walking distance, I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Skyhag89:

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful review of our property! I am so excited to hear that everything was up to your satsifaction, and that multiple members of my staff were able to exceed your expectations! Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything at all and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We have stayed at the Silver Cloud in Mukilteo before. We have stayed in the water view, "village view", and King Suite rooms and, although the view differs, one thing in common is that the rooms are spacious. This trip was in the King Suite (the major difference is the bedroom area is separated from the living area by a double pocket door).
This is a room with some thought put into its design; a sink and mirror in the bathroom, another sink & mirror outside the bathroom (the in-room hair dryer also located there, so one does not have to wait to "use the facilities" while someone else is drying their hair). The living area has a sofa, a chair/ottoman, a desk, and a kitchenette of sorts (wet-bar type sink, microwave, mini-fridge & cabinet), a gas fireplace and double glass doors that open up to the view of the water.

Ah, the view. And the smell of seafood being cooked next door at Ivars. There is nothing but a walkway between you and saltwater - and since all of the rooms are on the 2nd & 3rd floors, you don't even notice the walkway. The view looks predominantly toward the north, taking in a large part of the southern end of Whidbey Island, over towards Hat Island (or Gedney Island, it goes by either name) and on to the north end of Everett. And the ferry - you are adjacent to the Mukilteo Ferry terminal, so a jaunt over to Whidbey is REAL close! Occasionally you hear a blast from the ship's horn when there is other boat traffic nearby, but mosty the ferry comes and goes with little notice.

Other than a few restaurants and shops (and a brewpub) within walking distance, the Mukilteo Lighthouse and Lighthouse Park (worth a visit), there is not a lot happening in Mukilteo - at least in the main village. This is a quiet place to stay. The hotel itself is not real large, but definitely charming. The lobby is nautical themed, all windows facing the water, sofas, chairs and tables to relax in, and the coffee (or tea, spiced cider, or hot chocolate) is always available in the adjacent breakfast area. Fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, pastries, etc. await you each morning. Eat while admiring the view - and listening to other people admiring the view.

No pool or fitness facility here (but their website says they offer a complimentary pass to a local health club). The rooms are not cheap, but also not exhorbitantly priced considering the location.

The staff is ultra-friendly and check-in and out was a painless affair; the housekeeping crew is also a friendly group, and readily accommodated a request or two. One thing, though. If you need to drive somewhere, make sure to time your exit while the ferry is not loading or unloading. The only way in or out of the hotel is in front of the loading area.

Room Tip: Water view rooms are more expensive, but if you are going to stay here, why not pay for the view?
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank RoadTrippersWA
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear RoadTrippersWA:

Thank you so much for your kind review of our property! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly at the property if I can ever be of any assistance. I look forward to the next oppurtunity to welcome you as our guest.

Vancouver
Reviewed 3 May 2012

If you find yourself in Mukilteo at the end of another day of exploring northwest Washington, you would be hard pressed to find a better place to stay than the Silver Cloud Inn. Perched on the southern shore of Possession Sound next to the Whidbey Island ferry terminal, this 70 room hotel provides a rich level of comfort and luxury at an affordable price. Roooms contain above average furnishings including sculptured carpets, an irresistable gas fireplace, French doors that open to a salty sea breeze, a comfy king bed, granite topped vanity and business desk, and a 42" flat screen TV that makes Edward G. Robinson, Bogie and Bacall of the 1948 classic "Key Largo" larger than life. Downstairs there is a big lounge with large windows facing the Sound. The lounge has an eclectic collection of deep chairs, interesting artwork, real books on shelves, coffee, tea and fruit to snack on, and a full and timely breakfast for early risers. Sit back, relax and watch the ferry come and go or the divers preparing to brave the choppy waters offshore. Free internet (wifi or Cat5), covered parking, and a friendly staff round out a good experience in Mukilteo.

Room Tip: Step up to one of the waterside jacuzzi suites to soak away your traveler's fatigue.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ajaceman
Dear Ajaceman:

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our property. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed all of our ammenities and the facility itself. If I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the property.

Mark Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mukilteo
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett
Staybridge Suites Seattle North-Everett
Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North / Everett
Inn At Port Gardner
Inn At Port Gardner
#5 of 22 in Everett
TownePlace Suites Seattle Everett/Mukilteo

Been to Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront? Share your experiences!