Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewswhidbey islandwater viewferry dockpuget soundlighthouse parkfrench doorswafflesview roomwatch the ferriesking suitelight houseseattle arearomantic getawaydiamond knot breweryfront desk staffwithin walking distancejacuzzi tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I booked this room through Hotwire.
This hotel sits right on the water directly next to the Clinton - Mukilteo ferry. There is a water view side and a non-water view side. We stayed on the end lookig away from the ferry.
The room was HUGE compared to the rooms we have stayed in recently. There was a slight musty odor when we first entered the room, but it's not strong enough to be annoying.
The beds were very comfortable. There was a bay window and a gas fireplace (thermostat controlled).
The bathroom was slightly cramped, but very clean. There were two sinks next to the bathroom and another sink next to the fridge and microwave.
The counter staff was AMAZING. Very friendly! Very helpful!
The free breakfast in the morning was great! Sausage, eggs, cereal, waffles, yogurt, toast, coffee, orange juice and water.
The sitting/dining area on the first floor over looks the water. This was a great place to relax and enjoy some quiet time.
This is not the Waldorf or even a Hilton, but it is a very enjoyable place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank zayah0916
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Dear Zayah0916:

Thank you so much for your kind comments in regards to our property. I am very pleased to read that our front desk staff was excellent and that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast! Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything else and I would be more than happy to help in any way that I can.

I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest!

Reviewed 11 January 2013

We live only30 minutes from Mukilteo, but after clelbrating our 45th anniversary with a dinner out at Salty's in West Seattle (check it out!) we weren't ready to go home, and decided to find someplace close to home to spend the night without tackling downtown Seattle. Mukilteo is a favorite local destination, and although we had considered Silver Cloud a "second rate" hotel from previous experience years ago, we decided the location right on the Puget Sound waterfront would be worth it. What a wonderful surprise! The King Room with a view of the water coudln't have been more romantic! Wonderfully appointed, fireplace, and to our delight, right next to the ferry landing, noise and all. We are great travelers on the Washington State ferries and never tire of their picturesque activity and hubub. We stayed on a Sunday night, and the breakfast the next morning was like you might find in a bed and breakfast, as was the gracious seating in the guest library. With ivars and the Lighthouse Park next door, the out of state traveler would get a great piece of the Northwest by taking this Mukileo side-trip if they are in the Seattke area.

Room Tip: Waterfront view is worth the extra; also, probably quieter because there is a lot of auto and pedestrain street traffic, although I don't know how quiet the street-front rooms are.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear nwkindagirl:

Good morning and thank you so much for your comments about our property! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you chose our property for such a joyous occassion. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

We were visiting our son in Everett with intentions of also seeing Seattle. Not wanting a standard hotel near the expressway, I booked this even though I didn't expect much from the ocean front hotel as it was dreary January weather. When we arrived we were surprised at just how beautiful the setting was-spectacular views of Puget Sound. They upgraded us at checkin-and what a nice surprise that turned out to be! We had a large room with very nice king bed, fireplace (perfect for the chilly weather), overlooking the ferry dock. The large common area downstairs would be a great place to sit and look at the view if you didn't have a view room. Breakfast buffet gave enough choices to satisfy us for both mornings. My husband really liked the waffle maker and I was happy with the salsa to accompany the scrambled eggs. My one minor criticism was I don't really like non-dairy creamer though there was fresh milk as well for my coffee. Very nice staff and let me say again what a beautiful setting! We plan to book this again for our next trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HKCunli
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear HKCunli:

Good morning from Mukilteo and thank you so much for your kind comments! I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was accomodating to your request's. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything else and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

I look forward to the next chance to welcome you back as our guest.

Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at silver clouds inns in the past , meaning a long time age. Anyway, this is a great location next to the ferry dock in Mukilteo . We booked through Orbitz at the lower rate , but when we arrived at dusk, we could stop ourselves from upgrading to the king waterside room. It was only one night, but we very much enjoyed ourselves, with Ivars next door and the view, we didn't go far. We would stay here again, no question.

• Stayed: December 2012
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear Bob Maxfield:

Thank you so much for your kind comments! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to welcome you back as our guest.

Happy Holidays, and please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Found this place by accident and I grew up near there! The tide comes in under the hotel and easy access to a small beach for low tide beach combing. The breakfast room sits on the water with a patio/balcony and the food was delicious with beverages available all day. A few touristy places down the road, with a quaint lighthouse open to the public and an Ivars right next door to enjoy clam chowder on the beach. The room was large, clean and had a kitchen, the laudery facilities were clean and easy to use. The staff was friendly and customer service oriented. I can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Hotel is next to the ferry dock which is convenient for travel to the islands, but the horns can bother you if you're not used to them, maybe something to keep in mind when asking for a room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Pkcwetzsteon:

Good morning and thank you so kindly for your kind review! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to the next chance to welcome you back as our guest! Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything else and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.