“Great water view room”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mukilteo
Portland, Oregon
“Great water view room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed here with our 3 year-old on the way the the San Juans. We paid extra for a "water view" room and it was well worth it, we saw a few harbor seals swimming past our windows in the morning, and waking up looking out over the water was fantastic. The staff was courteous and efficient, and the breakfast, while not spectacular, was a good start to the day, a worthy "added value" to the room price, and much better than your average "continental" arrangement. Can't go wrong with fresh waffles. The location was also very convenient, Ivar's next door was a great choice for dinner and there were a few pubs and coffee shops within walking distance, along with the lighthouse park for walks with the little ones and playground access. I'd happily stay here again.

Room Tip: I felt the extra cost of the "water-view" room was well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank insOma
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear insOma:

Good morning from Mukilteo and thank you so much for your comments! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed the water view room and that our staff was courteous during your stay. If I can ever be of any service, please feel free to contact me directly. I look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back as our guest.

Mark Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Stonington, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I would love to give this hotel a better rating but, to me, and maybe it is silly but my car has to have proper accommodations as well. Don't get me wrong, I am not totally crazy and need a view for the four wheeled member of my family but I hated that we had to park in an area that we were concerned about.

With that said, we did enjoy our stay and can honestly say that this hotel is a great find if you are in this area. The staff was friendly and the room was clean.

Room Tip: Try to check in early. Despite letting them know we would be late and guaranteeing our reservation w...
Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Trvlng4fun
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Trvlng4fun:

Thank you so for your review of our property. The hotel does offer complimentary parking for all of our guest's based on a size limitation of our covered garage due to clearance levels provided. I apologize if your vehicle was too large to fit under the hotel's clearance levels or if the covered complimentary parking was full. We do offer complimentary over night street parking for all of our guest's as long as the parking permit is displayed in the dash of the vehicle.

If I can be of any more assistance with this regard, please feel free to contact me directly. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest.

Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Came in for our 25th Wedding Anniversary on our way to Whidbey Island and stayed at the Silver cloud... the room we were told had a partial view (We were in room 204) and if you looked out the window and really cranked your head realllllly hard to the left you might see water, so I have to say No this was not really a partial view room.... Had breakfast in the morning downstairs and it was good, good coffee, great view while sipping your coffee.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Megmelchar:

Good morning from Mukilteo! I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay at our property. The hotel's partial view rooms do offer a guaranteed gas fireplace as well as the partial view of the sound. Unfortunately these rooms do not offer the magnificent view that our kings with a full view offer, but do still provide the amenity of the gas fireplace as well as a glimpse of the beautiful Puget Sound.

If I can ever be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I appreciate your comments and will look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you as our guest.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We found this hotel a couple years ago. Great place for our travels but maybe not everyone. The location is next to the Wa State Ferry to Whidbey Island and a light railway. Sounds noisy but the rooms are clean and lovely. Some have a water view & fireplaces. Breakfast is included and quite a spread. The lobby has a good gathering space or quiet spots for working on your laptop or reading. Parking can be a bit tight is the only negative. Local divers dive right next to the hotel. There is a pier to walk out on and watch the working of Puget Sound & the ferry.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Greyjorene
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Greyjorene:

Good morning from Mukilteo and thank you so much for your kind comments in regards to your stay. I am so pleased to read that your stay with was lovely and that our rooms were clean to your satisfaction as well. If I can ever be of any service please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here for a business trip, and it's easily the best hotel in the area. Get a room with full or semi-view to the water, and wake up with the sound of the waves.

It's literally above the water. The sunset from the lobby is beautiful!!

The only thing I don't like is the dim light in the room, making it hard to do any serious work for long period of time.

Room Tip: Full view or Semi view (you'll get the money worth)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear K L:

Good morning from Mukilteo. I am so pleased to read that your business visit with our hotel was excellent and that you enjoyed the water front rooms! I have shared your comments in regards to lighting with our Chief Engineer to ensure that we review and continue to improve the guest rooms.

If I can ever be of any service, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I like to stay at the Silver Cloud whenever I can, because it is such a relaxing getaway. I have had a terrific experience each time. Most rooms have a good amount of floor space so I have brought my yoga mat and resistance bands a few times, in order to workout in my room. After a stay in 2012, I emailed the manager, Mark, suggesting that it would be great if the hotel could loan or rent guests a yoga mat and lightweight fitness gear to use during their stay. Sure enough, when I arrived last week for another stay, the front desk had brand new yoga mats and some other fitness gear available for guests! (Thank you Mark!!) Signing a simple "equipment checkout" form allowed me to keep a mat in my room during my stay. The mats and gear were not mentioned anywhere in the hotel literature, but they can be borrowed by any guest who requests them.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kaf236
MukilteoGM1, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Kaf236:

Good afternoon and thank you so much for such a great review. I am so pleased to read and hear that you were able to use our on on-site fitness ammenities and that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always my pleasure to be able to assist in any way that I can.

If you should ever need anything else, please feel free to contact me directly.

Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night as a Christmas treat to ourselves! We have stayed here before so we knew how perfect it would be. The water is right outside the windows! There is lots to watch with the ferry traffic and the scuba divers. Ivar's and a pub with pizza and such are both right next to the hotel!
We had a jacuzzi room this time, you can open the window right next to the tub and feel the salt breeze and hear the tide coming in right under the room. It was amazing! The room was spacious and even had a fireplace!
As mentioned already, the staff are super friendly. You can also enjoy the views from the breakfast room in the morning or sitting by the fire in the comfy lobby.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deblynn_11
Dear Deblynn_11:

Good afternoon from Mukilteo! I am so pleased to read that you decided upon our hotel for a special Christmas treat and that you enjoyed your stay with us!

If I can ever be of any service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly and I look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back as our guest.

Mark Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mukilteo
Staybridge Suites Seattle North-Everett
Tulalip Resort Casino
#1 of 3 in Marysville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,140 reviews
TownePlace Suites Seattle Everett/Mukilteo

Been to Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront? Share your experiences!