“One of the best ever.”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mukilteo
edmonton, Alberta
“One of the best ever.”
Reviewed 30 December 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel over the Thanksgiving weekend for 3 nights. Everything was fantastic; the room, the view, the staff. You could not ask for a better hotel on the water. It was great to sit in your room and watch the "ferry" come and go. Ivar's next door was also great and we ate there twice. If you want a nice relaxing time, this is the hotel to stay at, you will not go wrong...we will be back...reading some of ther other reviews....there is nothing wrong with the coffee, the breakfast was great.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed 2 December 2009

I stayed here on business. I did not get to my room until dark, and my room faced away from the sound, overlooking the railroad tracks and the Mukilteo Ferry parking lot so I was worried about the noise, and had no idea of the magnificent views that awaited me. As it turns out, I heard very little noise, so "thumbs up" on the sound-proofing. But what I didn't learn until I was in the lobby/breakfast room next morning, was the staggeringly gorgeous views. The weather was overcast with intermittent rain, but even so the islands, birds, divers, assorted boats and ferries going by made for one of the most memorable sights I've ever seen. I can't wait to go back, and even if my room is facing the tracks again (as those facing the water are more costly), I will look forward to stunning views at breakfast. PS the room was quite well-appointed too; no problems there.:)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I've had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful hotel twice for business purposes. I couldn't have asked for a more peaceful and relaxing stay. It sits directly on the bay, next to the Mukilteo Ferry which goes to Whidbey Island. The lobby and lounge/dining area is beautifully decorated with panoramic views of the bay, with a deck all around, so you're literally steps away from the water. Waterfront & water-view rooms have French doors which are so inviting to leave open and listen to the relaxing sounds of the water. The rooms are so comfortable and have every amenity, and they are all located on the 2nd & 3rd floors. Many of the rooms feature fireplaces, and it's obvious that everything in the hotel and on the property is meticulously maintained. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic and featured something delicious for all tastes and preferences. The staff was just so welcoming and accomodating. This is a smaller sized hotel, and it's location is tucked away from the major freeways - yet close enough to them to still be very convenient. Shopping, dining, and sightseeing are very convenient as well, but its location in more of a residential area makes it so quiet and peaceful. There are great dining choices from the very casual to the more sophisticated, as well as great choices for cocktails, music and micro-brew - all within short walking distance.

Although I was traveling for business purposes, it really felt like a vacation thanks to this wonderful & charming hotel!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Vienna, VA
Reviewed 29 September 2009

We stayed for one night on our way to Vancouver. We did not use the ferry but this hotel is perfectly situated for an easy passenger trip back and forth. We had a suite with a view. The rooms were spotless and we had two flat screen TVs. We had a door which opened but no patio or terrace--just a glass screen. Bedding was very comfortable. Parking is secur under the building but at ground level.

There is very little to do in the town itself but we enjoyed the Diamond Knot Brewery. We found the pace very relaxing and the constantly changing water views to be beautiful.

Our only complaint was breakfast -- below average breakfast buffet and terrible coffee! Hard to believe this is the Pacific Northwest and we had bad coffee. One of the hard boiled eggs was also spoiled. There were enough pastries and fresh waffles but lacking in protein and caffeine!!

I would recommend again and advise to splurge for the suite with a view. The rooms facing the street had a very pedestrian view.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
The NW
Reviewed 20 August 2009

I am almost afraid to spread the word about this place, it's so wonderful! Pay the little bit extra to get a view room, it is worth it. TV? What TV? The view out of your room is worth every penny, why watch TV? Fishermen, tourists, divers, the ferry....always something to look at. The sunset was gorgeous! There is not a lot within walking distance of the hotel, except for a park, a lighthouse, the train station, Ivar's and a bar, but we didn't really find the need to wander around. Breakfast was standard fare for this hotel chain. The dining area was very crowded on Sunday morning, but there are chairs around the lobby that people used to sit in, so it wasn't bad. I suppose if patrons who were done eating, and just visiting with each other (for an hour!) would just move on to another location, more seating would be available to diners. There was a little bit of everything to satisfy most people. HB eggs, cheese, fruit, yogurt, cereal, granola, waffles with fruit or syrup, pastries, etc. Eating off real plates and drinking from a real mug was a nice touch.

Our only complaint is parking. What a nightmare it can be. The spaces are narrow and limited, and as with any other Seattle area parking there is always one person over the line, which forces every other car over the line and by the time you get to the end of the row, it's impossible to squeeze in, unless you want to climb out the window to get out of your car. Parking passes are handed out to patrons of the hotel, but at various times there were others parked in the parking garage w/o passes. Perhaps this is something the hotel should monitor a little more often? There is overflow parking, but it was also full, so we had to be a little creative, circle the lot a few times and finally one of the fishermen left so a spot was found. Yay!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NWTravelingFam
Vancouver
Reviewed 7 August 2009

My husband and I were hoping for a relaxing trip by the ocean and this hotel provided that in a lovely manner. We ended up getting room 321 which is a corner room on the top floor. Most rooms have doors that open up to the outside. Our room did not have the doors, but it had AMAZING views looking over the jacuzzi right onto the docks and the pier where the ferries arrive and depart.

Each room has expansive windows. I appreciated that the blinds go up from the bottom so that you can choose to have some privacy if you wish at certain times of the day or if you are using the jacuzzi...but you can still hear the ocean's waves and feel the breeze. The hotel allows you to open the windows wide up which is lovely in the summer.

The jacuzzi rooms are a bit more expensive but it is truly an experience of a lifetime to be sitting in a bubbly tub and have the windows wide open with the ocean breeze blowing in, listening to the sounds of the gulls and watching the fishermen on the docks. During the day I wore my bathing suit and thus was able to still enjoy all the activity going on below me.

There is so much to see from your room. It is better than watching TV! You can see people next door at Ivars restaurant on the patio. People come to stroll the dock with their families. People of all backgrounds come to fish. Divers enjoy the waters under the docks. Naval boats sail by and ferries come and go... My husband and I were amazed how there was always something fascinating going on.

Arnie's restaurant is nearby and has incredible food. My husband's favorite food is fish and chips and he felt theirs is the best he has ever tasted. Ivar's restaurant is next door and does the hotel's room service. We are used to traditionally battered fish and chips and did not care for theirs. But, that is a matter of personal taste. There is a Greek restaurant called Kosta's on Mukilteo Speedway. Their pizza is to die for. You have to pick up as they don't deliver. Their other dishes are good too. There is also a restaurant called Shake N' Go that has really good Gourmet Burgers and Wraps on the Mukilteo Speedway.

The hotel staff was great. It is kept very clean. Maria and Janine of housekeeping were fantastic and friendly. If you get to speak to Karin downstairs, she is an unbelievable source of knowledge about the area. She knows really good places to get local cheese, jams etc... and can help you plan trips based on what highways to take and where are interesting places to stop. She has a zest for travel and life that is just wonderful.

I use a motorized scooter and a cane and I found the hotel great for getting around. Lighthouse Beach is just a few minutes walk away and it too is beautiful and accessible.

One thing to note is that we did find it a bit noisy having a room by the pier. We didn't mind at all finding it a trade off for being so close to all the action and loving that. If you are a really light sleeper and hoped to sleep in I would suggest getting a room towards the other end of the hotel where it is quieter.

There is a breakfast downstairs in the mornings that is basically waffles, fruit, danishes etc... If you love breakfasts it is nothing to write home about. But, it is always nice to have that option included in the price. You are given a parking permit upon arrival and a code for wi-fi.

Seattle is only a short drive away so if you feel like nightlife or seeing a baseball game it is nice to stay here but then drive into the city when you feel like it.

For readers, there are many fine books to borrow in the lobby of the hotel where there is always tea and coffee set up. There is also a Borders and Barnes and Nobles available and there is a more independant bookshop in walking distance.

As an animal lover, my enjoyment of trips often depends on wildlife I get to see. We saw one of the largest starfish we have ever seen. The fishermen caught flounder. We saw different species of jellyfish and on our last day we saw sea lions. A perfect ending to a wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shineout
Westport, WA
Reviewed 21 May 2009

The Mukilteo Silver Cloud is as nice as their website photos show. The lobby is very nice and sits right on the water. There is a decent continental breakfast adjacent to the lobby. The hotel sits right on the water so most rooms have a view of Whidbey Island. The king suite is very nice and the bed was very comfortable. There is a fireplace that would be nice on a cold night. The only drawback was that our room was on the North side of the hotel, a common gathering site for divers. They were there very early and were loud. Next time I would stay on the opposite side of the hotel. Ivar's restaurant is right next store and offers free room service. We dined in for dessert and were able to sit on the deck right over the water.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZiggerBean
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mukilteo
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett
Staybridge Suites Seattle North-Everett
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North / Everett
Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites
TownePlace Suites Seattle Everett/Mukilteo
Inn At Port Gardner
Inn At Port Gardner
#4 of 22 in Everett

Been to Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront? Share your experiences!