“Uneven Presentation”

Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Mukilteo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located approximately 25 miles north of Seattle, The Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour is the only public tour of a commercial jet assembly plant in North America. Explore the interactive exhibits and displays in our 28,000-square-foot Aviation Center Gallery; then take a 90-minute tour of the Boeing plant where you can watch 747s, 777s, or 787 Dreamliners being assembled right before your eyes. There is a minimum height requirement of 4 feet (122 cm) for children participating in the Boeing Tour. To avoid disappointment please make sure to check height before purchasing tickets. This restriction is strictly enforced. ADA accessible tours are offered twice daily. Call in advance to ensure proper accommodations. In the Future of Flight Aviation Center Gallery, the Family Zone is home to a number of different activities, all designed around a theme of aircraft manufacturing and assembly. Activity carts let visitors build a simple aircraft model, or use our Lego (and Lego-compatible) pieces to express new ideas about aircraft design. A kid-sized airport and aircraft allow future pilots of all ages to practice their take-offs and landings. Currently, the Family Zone is also home to a highly engaging, hands-on nanotechnology exhibit, and a Bernoulli Table, an exciting interactive experience that teaches the relationship between the velocity of air and the pressure it exerts. Coloring and reading activities are also available, and drop-ins are welcome. Admission is free for ticket holders and for Institute of Flight members.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I am a commercial aviation enthusiast and I made the trip to Seattle for one day just for the Boeing factory tour. My experience was uneven; the tour guide must have been tired at the end of the tour as she was condescending and talked down to the tour participants. Informative, yes. Knew her facts. Yes. But her tone and inflection left much to be desired. She as difficult to approach with questions; I tried to make eye contact several times and finally gave up.

There was an aircraft being delivered that afternoon and the observation deck at the Future of Flight building was to close at 2p. But I did not know that fact until I had climbed several flights of stairs. There should have been a sign with that information at the bottom of the stairs.

I did not know that there is a Boeing Museum at Boeing Field just north of SEA-TAC. I wanted information on the Boeing 377, the first passenger aircraft with two levels. Future of Flight had a model of the aircraft in a display case but that was it. I would have like to have had more history of Boeing aircraft but that is not at this attraction.

After all these negatives, I still rate the tour highly. If you have a visual impairment bring a monocular on the tour. The tour deck is high above the factor floor and I had problems seeing some of the items mentioned by the tour guide.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Awesome! Our tour guide was so great! The tour is fun for every age! Educational and interesting at the same time. I'd go every year!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Spent about 4.5 hours here and enjoyed every minute of it. To see huge air planes lined up in a factory assembly line is mind blowing. Our guide was very informative and gave time to view at a reasonable pace keeping in mind you are standing on a platform 80 feet high gives a good overview of the working floor below. The Boeing family can be proud of their achievements and the way they are looking after their staff. Was great to see all the jets lined up on the tarmac waiting for collection. We were privileged to see a Cathy Jet take off after our tour. Was excited as an Australian to see a Jet Star out there waiting to be collected and then to find out a friend of ours will be the Captain flying her back to Australia. Would highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Overall it's much better than the Airbus factory tour. The tour guide is very good and explains things very well and fluently. The tour could be a bit longer allowing a bit more time for visitors in the viewing gallery.

1  Thank LeeKHaan_71
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Well, the Boeing tour was still on my bucket list as aircrew. So I was very excited. The excitement faded off quickly after I boarded the bus. Our guide was already exhausted shouting at everyone. Rushing the huge group from site point to sight point. There wasn't much time on the viewing terraces as the next group was already behind us. More time for viewing the production and a more relaxed and empathetic tour guide would have been something which many people of our tour anticipated.

1  Thank Shaul A
SeattleSandy, Director of Sales at Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for visiting all the way from Israel. We are happy you included us on your bucket list. Thank you for your feedback about feeling rushed. We hope that you will consider visiting again. For a more relaxed atmosphere and a deeper dive, you may want to Google Aviation Geek Fest, which takes place each February.