“A fun evening and good food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
North Carolina
“A fun evening and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

A real neighborhood place. We went with friends and had a fun evening and nice food. I liked the assortment of entrees at dinner from a steak salad (which I enjoyed) to fancy salmon entrees. Very nice. I had wine, which was from a good selection of bottles, but others had beer and said Johns offers some great beers. The space is nice--small and cozy, and good looking. The service is great, and the family is everywhere taking care of the guests.

• Visited September 2012

Seattle
“Even the food manager in our group was impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

There were 5 of us last night. All of us fussy about our food and dining service. We just kept saying "wow" to me erything. What a great find due to TA reviews. Thanks to those who led us there. Iverson family.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Bellevue, Washington
“Consistently Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

I love this place! It is what a local restaurant is all about. Small room, personable staff, daily specials, consistent standards, great bar, decent wine list. We come here for birthday dinners, even when I could cook or we could hop into Seattle. Last visit, we ordered salmon, pork tenderloin and steak -- all big hits. John is owner/chef/chief caramel sauce maker -- Lisa, wait staff/wife/berry crumble maker. We have had nights when it is packed, and sat in the bar, which was just fine! Reservations are recommended.

• Visited July 2012
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was very good, unexpected surprize”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Loved the crab cake! Hate when you get something like half a chicken and mashed potatoes and they put slivered green onions all over it-I hate raw onions, didn't think I had to ask about onions for that dish.

Visited May 2012
Mukilteo, Washington
“Outstanding cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

John's is an unassuming little spot with absolutely excellent cuisine. The steaks are featured and are some of the best I've ever had, always prepared exactly to order with a choice of preparations. The menu is not expansive but the quality of the entrees is outstanding, prepared with the care and expertise of a masterful chef. The accompanying veggies, as well as the appetizers are equally as tasty and the presentation of all is first rate. They have an excellent selection of wines. The service is also personal and outstanding. While this is my first choice for a truly great steak, I also enjoy the daily specials. The salmon I had on my last visit was one of the finest ever. It is a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. Obviously, I love this place.

Visited May 2012

Been to John's Grill? Share your experiences!