“One night last minute.”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Mukilteo
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We have never stayed at an Extended Stay America before but our one night last minute stay was a great one. We did not spend much time at the place but the rooms were nice and clean. Staff was friendly. Very clean nice units. We would stay again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Attending a weeding and the groom booked 14 rooms.

We love staying and comparing hotels. This one is by far 'not the best'. First we were in a room that smelled like a wet dog. :) The staff tried to spray the room, maybe with Febreze. But it didn't get rid of the smell. I know the hotel is pet friendly, but maybe designate certain rooms just like a smoking and non-smoking room. We asked to be moved to another room but the person we spoke to said that we used the room already, (i.e. sat and tried the beds and ate our burgers on the table). They will have to clean the room again. Ohhkay! And if they will move us, it will just be one bed. Fortunately, our friend who booked the rooms has one vacant one on the third floor. And that one was better! It smelled like smoke but better than a wet dog! LOL! By the way, when my wife went to the reception to request that we be moved, she mentioned that there was a guest complaining too about her 'expectations' of the hotel. Meh!

Room Tip: No real tips to pick a good room. Maybe check the nearby Stay Bridge and Marriott. :p
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The situation you described regarding the pet aroma and lack of available rooms to move you into is truly unfortunate. We are very sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my maintenance team is ensuring all rooms are cleaned and odor free prior to a guests arrival.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at muk@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Overall a very pleasant stay. My only complaint was the bed was as hard as a rock. Rooms were well equipped and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Another cool thing was the hotel is right next to the airport where Boeing builds some of its aircraft. The hotel provided and great spot to watch the airplanes come in and out.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mikemays_89
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Mike - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the mattress was uncomfortable in your room. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a clean room and that you liked our hotels location, which is near different sites and restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I hadn't stayed at an extended stay before but wanted somewhere cheap for 7+ nights. This seemed to fit the bill so we gave it a go. What a great surprise. The hotel was new or newly remodelled. The bed was new, room spotless. Roomy laundry room with plenty of machines. We liked it so much we extended 3 more nights.

Only complaint is about security. A couple of times our cards wouldn't work so I asked them at reception to reactivate. They asked me w hat room number and how many days I wanted it active for without checking name or any details in the system. Some of the staff may have recognised me but others I hadn't seen before. If it hadn't been for this I would have given 5 stars

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the front desk staff did not verify your information prior to printing new keys for your room. I will be looking into this issue and working with the staff to ensure our security procedures are being followed more rigorously in the future. Still, I am happy to read that we provided you with a clean, comfortable room.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Reasonable prices. Comfortable bed. Roomy and clean. We were there for wedding on Whidbey Island. Convenient location to ferry and easy to reach greater Seattle sites. They don't routinely to housekeeping (small fee for it if you stay less than a weekk), but that's okay with us. Small kitchenette is handy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were able to take advantage of all the room has to offer, specifically the comfort and convenience of your own home! The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The hotel staff were horrible. The hotel was extremely overbooked. While I was there many people who had paid reservation were turned away and the staff did nothing to help them.
I had a paid reservation and arrived 5pm I attempted to check into the hotel with my three young daughters. First, the horrible staff Brianna stated that I had no reservation. Upon returning with a printed copy of my reservation several minutes later, the staff attempted to stated that someone with my ID checked in a day early and checked out at noon. I advised her that first it was not possible since I was at another hotel several hours away at noon, and she refused to show me the ID information that this alleged person used.
After waiting for several hours to her to figure out the mess, she stated that they had booked me a hotel at the Travel Lodge and that this would be paid for by the Extended Stay hotel and that I would be fully refunded for the Extended stay hotel since it was their mess and as she stated, ``someone at the Extended stay hotel must have manually went into the system and make changes `` to my reservation without my consent.
Upon arriving at the seedy Travel Lodge at 1 am, I was informed that the staff at Extended Stay did not contact them.
When I managed to find a phone and phone the staff at Extended stay, they stated that it was not their problem.
I returned to the Extended stay to see what could be done. Upon arriving at 2 am, another hotel guess hearing my situation attempted to help. while i was their phone trying to find somewhere for me and my young daughters to spend the night, in a place I was unfamiliar with, the staff called the police. Upon arriving the police after hearing the situation asked if I could continue using their phone to find somewhere to stay, they said no. My children and I were escorted off the premises and the staff were also trying to get the other guess escorted off the premises.
Myself, a single mother and my three young daughters were left to drive around to find a hotel on our own.
Additionally, the staff stated that I would be billed for a no show.

Room Tip: stay anywhere else, except The Extended Stay America and the Travel Lodge. do not use hotel.com, the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
12  Thank FayeMTM
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This was my time staying at an Extended Stay America and I liked it. This hotel has a great location - a quiet area near lots of restaurants. It is very close to Payne Field airport but I never heard any aircraft. The front desk staff was very kind and helpful. The room was nice with a full kitchen and a comfortable recliner. The complimentary breakfast is minimalist (basically coffee & a muffin or oatmeal bar). They refer to the breakfast as "Grab & Go" which is an accurate description; no place to sit and eat it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for your first time review of our property! I truly appreciate your comments regarding the room and location. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mukilteo
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
Staybridge Suites Seattle North-Everett
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North / Everett
TownePlace Suites Seattle Everett/Mukilteo
Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo? Share your experiences!