“Good value, best Extended Stay I've visited so far.”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Mukilteo
Grand Anse, Grenada
“Good value, best Extended Stay I've visited so far.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

In my experience, a recently-built 1 or 2 star hotel is often nicer than an aging 3 or 4 star hotel. This Extended Stay is relatively new (or maybe just remodeled?) and looks great!

I booked a great deal on Hotwire and was pleasantly surprised to find a better-than-average, spacious, well-kept room. My non-smoking room is on a smoking floor, but the room itself does not smell.

The staff were pleasant and helpful, the location is easy to find, there are LOTS of food options within a 500-yard radius. Mukilteo is a relatively affluent suburb and feels very safe. Downtown Seattle was 30-40 minutes by car. Make sure to eat some fish and chips at Ivar's - less than 10 minutes away at the end of the Mukilteo Speedway. I didn't get a chance to hit the Boeing Factory Tour, but if that's on your agenda - this hotel couldn't be closer.

If ever I'm in the Seattle area again, I'll certainly stay here again. Even with a short commute to downtown Seattle, the price I paid is well worth the savings over a mediocre several-hundred-dollar per night room downtown.

Room Tip: Third floor hallway smells of smoke, so if you're easily annoyed by that, request a room on the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate all the kind comments about our spacious rooms, helpful staff, and convenient location. We are especially pleased to read that you appreciated our reasonable rates and that you would definitely stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Seattle area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family of 4 spent one night in Mukilteo. It was our first visit to the area but we found the hotel without any problem and we did not have a GPS. The outside of the hotel is well kept, our room was clean and adequate. We loved the small kitchen. The grab and go breakfast is limited but this was not a problem for us as we were able to make some oatmeal in our room. We are all oatmeal lovers for breakfast, so we only took fruits. I really do not have anything negative to say about my stay, we enjoyed the night and had a good sleep. I believe I got good value for my money. This is not a five star hotel but again I did not pay a five star price so I was not expecting hot tub in my room and a glass of wine upon arrival.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that your room was clean and to your liking, and that you loved your kitchen. I am especially glad to hear that you found our hotel to be a good value. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Sacramento
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I forgot my own rule and bid on a two-star Priceline room. Crap! In the past that would mean a beat-to-death, miserable and dirty extended-stay type place. What a pleasant surprise to find this one had been remodeled with a widescreen TV, clean carpet (in the room and hallways), and bathroom, and had a friendly attentive staff. It's also close to a QFC market that has everything you would need for longer than my one-night stay.

Maybe it's because they're near Boeing and they have to up their game, but I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor is alway preferable in extended stays. Make sure you're away from smokers.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. It's great to hear that our hotel met your needs and that we could exceed your expectations. We are proud of our staff for providing you with the quality service that you deserve.

Thank you again for your kind words. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
New York, NY
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here 1 night to be convenient to Boeing for a tour.
Easy check-in. Nice staff.
Comfortable and clean room, free wifi, and the most affordable in the area.
Make sure you ask for any shampoo or conditioner at the front desk as they are not provided in the rooms. Also make sure you indicate that you want a NON SMOKING room.
Free grab and go breakfast that includes coffee, and pre packaged items like muffins and granola bars. Made a nice snack later in the day. We opted for a real breakfast at the Speedway Diner across the street. Yum.

Overall, great location if you are visiting Boeing.

Room Tip: Make sure you indicate you want a NON SMOKING room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Leesh77
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that everything went well during your stay. I am especially glad that you had an easy check in with our courteous staff, and that you enjoyed the selection at our free grab-and-go breakfast. Thank you again for your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Everett
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My room is always ready. Any issues are handled immediately. Staff is extremely helpful and they know my name. Never any hassel at check in (cuz its all done before I get there). Most relaxed Ive been

Room Tip: Top floor is smoking. All rooms are good. Never hear neighbors. No Swimming Pool as stated above.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary F
Mukilteo, Washington
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I booked this room same day because I didn't want to drive home due to the snow storm that set in during my working hours. Feb. 8, 2014. This place is close to my job (Boeing). When I booked the room I was not made aware there would be no front desk clerk available. I arrived @ 12:05 am because I work nights. The clerk was aware of this arrangment. When I arrived, to my surprise the doors were locked. There was a phone on the side for me to call to have the door opened. A man was yelling at the top of his lungs at me! He was asking me why I was arriving so late. I explained to him I booked the ride without knowledge that I could not arrive late. He finally let me in. He was very irrate, out of control, I was so close to calling the police! He then threw a paper at me to fill out and put my credit card # on the bottom. I did that but I refused to write down my credit card #. The computers were down. Later I found out this guy worked in the laundry room. My advice to anyone who books here: Make sure you get all the details from the person who is booking the ride for you. This hotel closes at a certain time. You don't know what kind of idiot you will be facing when you arrive. Its best to either arrive early or don't book a room here if its "their" after hours. I will never stay at this hotel again unless they have a front desk clerk available. What a way to run a business!!!! Shame on Extended Stay! One more thing, the room stunk! The pillow cases and sheets smelled bad.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank Meaculpa A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding your check-in is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I will be meeting with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly, at muk@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.

Travellers are raving about these Mukilteo hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was a single night's stay, so no comment of the long term facilities, but from what I experienced it was a clean and comfortable property. Looked very close to the Boeing tour and plant.

Customer service was A+, especially the shorter-haired girl who informed me she was permanently heading to Idaho in a few days time.

Breakfast was average ESA oatmeal and packaged muffins.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. It’s great to hear that you were pleased with our hotel and our staff. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mukilteo
Staybridge Suites Seattle North-Everett
TownePlace Suites Seattle Everett/Mukilteo
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North / Everett
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 21 in Everett

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo? Share your experiences!