“Way better then my last two nights elsewhere. Kitchen is useful if you bring food.”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Mukilteo
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Everything is relative. Having stayed the night before at a Super 8 in Bremerton needing renovation, and a new floor plan, this Extended stay was a refreshing step up. It has a mini kitchen, clean newer towels. The room is newly renovated with smart colors and use-able furniture. Bathroom newer and inviting. No neighbor noises last night. Surrounding area feels OK. I could probably stay here about a week before. As others have said, the kitchen is sparsely stocked and has no regular oven. If you pack your own kitchen stuff, its usable. No traffic noise. They have two sets of double pained windows. I have never seen this.

Downsides:
No ice maker on premises. If the trays in the freezer are not full, you are going to the store for a bag of ice. One of the harder beds I have slept on. OK if you are used to it. Free WIFI is faster than many. They try to up sell faster WIFI for $3.99 I could stream video on the free wifi with halting four and five times per hour. Seems faster in the am.

Room Tip: My room was quiet although downstairs and near the exit. If you need a lot of ice, there is no ice m...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our recently renovated rooms and fully equipped kitchens. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed our free Wi-Fi.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Beaver, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel falls so far short in amenities that it was not a pleasant stay. The rooms do have a kitchenette, but not a full kitchen as advertised - there is no oven. There are also no supplies or utensils in the kitchen - you have to request everything from the front desk. Options such as dish soap and paper towels were not available.
Although I had a non-smoking room, the smell of smoke in the hallways was so strong that it was difficult to breathe while walking to my room.
The biggest disappointment was the bed and bedding. The bed was so uncomfortable and the bedding was so cheap that it was difficult to sleep. The blanket was so thin that it provided no warmth and the pillows were horrible.
Unfortunately I did not have a choice but to stay here - if you do have a choice, I recommend that you go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jillista
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so we are disappointed to hear that you did not find your bed to be comfortable and experienced a smoke odor in the hallway. We will be inspecting all of our beds and bedding to ensure they are meeting our standards for comfort. We will also work with our housekeeping staff to make sure our common areas smell fresh.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Travellers are raving about these Mukilteo hotels

Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I am writing this from what used to be "Extended" Stay America Mukilteo, Washington. Sorry to say that it is NO LONGER Extended Stay. There are no more amenities such as: coffee maker, coffee, cups, silverware, pots, pans, glasses, sugar, etc, etc, etc. If you want ANY of these items you must make a trip to the front desk.
What's worse was that I was NOT informed of this when I made my reservation. I have ALWAYS called this home when I came to visit our business. What else can you call this but:
NO TRUTH IN ADVERTISING! The least you could do is let your potential customers know.

Thanks for the disappointing stay,
John Dziubala

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank CAPTDIZ
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you were not informed of our customizable kitchen packs during check-in. To ensure sanitized kitchenware, we have all the items you may need at the front desk. Once you have chosen the items you would like, we will deliver them to your room. We can assure you that we will make sure we inform all guests about our new procedure.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you soon.
Orange, California
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My expectations were high, but were not met even halfway. The beds were uncomfortably hard, the kitchen utensils were not very clean, and we were not given much information upon checking in. We had to make our request several times before all of the items were delivered, and then they didn't have enough of the items we needed. Some of the staff were very friendly, others hardly even smiled.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GT19592014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We are sorry to hear that your dishes were not cleaned properly and our processes were not clearly explained to you upon check-in. In response to your feedback, we will be retraining our staff to make sure we are properly cleaning our kitchenware and that we are fully informing our guests during check-in.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly, at muk2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area
Atlanta
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms do include kitchenettes, but include no amenities, not even paper towels. Not even a coffee maker, which most rooms of any type now provide. Apparently a guest must make a list of the items which should already be in the kitchen, then go get them from the front desk. No in-room coffee, and lobby coffee was only available for a brief time in the morning. Crummy towels in the bathroom, and no wastebasket. Nothing about this property was convenient for a traveler who specifically wants the extended stay concept.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience with us. We apologize that our customizable kitchen packs were not properly explained to you. We store our kitchenware in a sterile environment and allow our guests to choose the items, including coffee makers, which they would like in their room. After our guest creates their custom kitchen, we deliver the items to their room. We will be working with our front desk staff to ensure we are properly informing our guests of our available amenities during check-in.

Thank you again for your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this location for 11 nights, while waiting on finding and applying to apartments of moving here from out of state. The front desk person checked my husband in, we went to a room that had one bed and no space for our air mattress, which we had in case there wasn't two beds because we had our daughter. I call the front desk and asked about changing rooms and the guy says "absolutely not!" So my spouse went down and said that the guy I spoke to had told him he had offered a smoking room, he lied but they gave us a smoking room. We dont smoke. We did take the it.The room smelled like febreze, so it was ok. The hall reeked of cigarette smoke. The beds were too hard and the smoke from the other rooms billowed in through the space under the door. . The staff weren't as friendly as the other extended stay we stayed at in Everett the first night we were here. This location wouldn't bring anything to your room. We had to go get the dishes and take to tote back down. Other issues we had included a person knocking on the door then using a key card before I could answer it, i was the the bathroom and my daughter had just got out of the shower and was getting dress. That was related to the system not showing we were in the room anymore. We had to extend our stay three days and while I was in the kitchen area I could hear a room across the hall chewing out a cleaning lady for opening the door after knocking lightly. So it seems to be a practice of theirs. We had to use the laundry, only two of the four washers worked, a sign on the machine that dispensed soap to use at your own risk no refunds would be given.$2 for a wash and $2 additional for a dry. We ended up going to a laundromat that charged $4.75 a triple load wash and $0.25 for every 5 mins of drying. We bought our own cups,bowls,plates,and plasticwear to accommodate 3 of us since the hotel only provides for 2, even if the
room sleeps four. We did get house keeping service because our stay was long. She was nice but barely spoke english. She changed the sheets. The blakents we assumed clean I guess since she didn't change those.
So lets talk about the cost. I got the room on priceline for $55 dollars a night. When I had to add nights I stopped by the front desk to see if they would make us change rooms and they didnt. However the person told me I might not get a room through priceline, so I should book directly with them. I said no you charge avlot more. I had stood down at the desk for 10 mins waiting for quarters for the laundry while an employee was booking a room for a guy told him it was $100ish then when he gave the paper to sign said "oh ya its $130 a
night"....I felt terrible for him.
It wasn't a terrible stay, but we couldn't wait to leave. I can't say ill go back to this location. The bed I slept on was way to hard and I really disliked the random door opening. I can say I will always open my home to a guest first, and in the case they want to have a room ....we will book with priceline for a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding our housekeeping staff entering without proper notice is truly regrettable. Please accept our apologies. As this hotel's manager, I will be working with my entire team to discuss proper protocol before entering a room to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. As well, I do apologize that our laundry facility was not in full working order during your stay. I will be meeting with my maintenance staff to resolve this issue so that your experience is not repeated. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience of having to go down to the front desk to get your kitchen equipment. I will be meeting with my front desk staff to ensure that we are able to deliver supplies to guests' rooms in the future so that your experience is not repeated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at muk@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Even though this is an extended stay hotel we only stayed for one night. It is in a convenient location just off a main thoroughfare yet we could not hear any street noise. It was very well kept and clean. The staff were very friendly and informative. The room was spacious and had a wonderful little kitchen area where you could do your own cooking. The bed was comfortable and the shower had good pressure with hot water. It would be a great place to stay for an extended time. Our only complaint was we were on the main floor and the noise from the children above sounded like they were going to come through the ceiling. This continued until around 11 p.m. and started again around 6 a.m. Best to get a room on the top floor if possible. We would certainly stay there again and will definitely try Extended Stay America hotels elsewhere.

Room Tip: Highest floor will not have noise from those staying above.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phyllis M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. It's great to hear that you found the hotel to be clean, well kept and the staff to be friendly. As well, I am pleased to read that our location was both convenient and quiet. Still, we do apologize for the noise disturbance you experienced in your room from other guests. Your feedback on this issue will be helpful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mukilteo
Staybridge Suites Seattle North-Everett
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North / Everett
TownePlace Suites Seattle Everett/Mukilteo
Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 22 in Everett

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo? Share your experiences!