“Reliably great food and great service...”

Golden House Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #20 of 63 Restaurants in Mukilteo
Cuisines: Chinese
Washington, the State
“Reliably great food and great service...”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We enjoyed our meal at the Golden House. Great food, great service, large portions, reasonably priced. We took home enough food for at least one more meal. Enjoyed the dinner options, our favorite was the Mongolian Beef.
While we were having our meal, I observed many take-out dinners were picked up, and the lady at the cashier's table know all of those customers: obviously they come there often = that's always a good sign!

• Visited June 2013

Mukilteo, Washington
“Best place by FAR for take-out in the area.”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Okay, I admit it. I get take-out here a lot! So much that they know me by name and I know them. But there is a reason I am a regular customer, they are quick, consistent and delicious! I highly recommend the pork stuffed tofu on sizzling plate, house fried rice, cashew chicken,etc, etc. Yes, I have eaten everything on the menu. The best items are the Golden house Specialties and the combination appetizer plate. But really everything is quite good....and did I mention quick?

• Visited May 2013
Anacortes, Washington
“Food ok..service non existent”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My family of four went here for the first time, in hopes of finding a good local Chinese restaurant (we are new to area). The food was pretty good; I wouldn't say great or bad...just good. The service, however, was non existent after they delivered our food. We wanted some hot chili sauce, as our spicy dish wasn't spicy at all but, we couldn't find or flag anyone down. I wanted a second glass of wine, yet I couldn't get anyone's attention. We wanted to go containers and our bill, yet no matter how much eye contact I tried to make or raising my hand....it was near impossible. Finally, when a different waitress came to check on a table next to us.... I got her attention. By then I was so annoyed, I was condescending in my words. Not loud...just asked them if tonight was "free night", as they apparently weren't concerned with checking on us or even giving us a tab. I will say, they were very apologetic and I honestly think....they flat forgot about us.

• Visited February 2013
Mukilteo, Washington
“Bad American Chinese food”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My wife and I wanted Chinese carry out, but it was a Monday, so our favorite place, Lotus, was closed. We tried this restaurant hoping that we would find a second source of Chinese food in Mukilteo. What a disappointment.

The Sweet and Sour Pork tasted like cardboard. The General Tso's Chicken was just weird - think puffy like Lemon Chicken but in an anonymous red sauce. The pork and veggie fried rice was just okay. Total cost for four entrees and soup: $60. You have got to be kidding me.

I won't be going back. Save your money and go two blocks north on the Speedway. Lotus is much better - if only they were open on Mondays.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Eyewall1
Bothell, Washington
“Friendly Atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Great tasting food, family meals give a good variety. Always smiling servers and owners. Chef often comes out to see how you are enjoying the meal. Special requests are welcomed.

Visited January 2013

Been to Golden House Chinese Cuisine? Share your experiences!