Hobuck Beach Resort
Curley's Resort and Dive Center(Sekiu)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Free Internet
Van Riper's Resort(Sekiu)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Beachfront
The Pacific Inn Motel(Forks)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$116
Travelocity
The Dew Drop Inn Motel(Forks)(Great Value!)
US$116
Travelocity
Bamfield Motel(Bamfield)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$105
US$182
US$165
TripAdvisor
All reviewsshi shi beachcape flatteryrv parksand dollarsloft cabinmakah museumcutting boardpicnic tablesfull kitchengeneral storegreat cabinbottle openerocean viewpots and pansport angelesseparate bedroomqueen bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We were going to camp, since this is mostly a camping "Resort" with a few cabins, but we didn't stay due to serious sanitation concerns. Hobuck uses SaniCans for the camp, but these were ALL full & locked off with signs advising to use the wash-house. ("Overflowing," another, braver camper said.) There were at least ten of these sanican units spread out through the site, none had been recently serviced. This was a Friday and I wondered how someone can continue to take fees for their camping sites when they're not prepared for an August weekend? The entire campground, including 50+ occupied sites, used one washhouse which consisted of a single toilet and one shower for men, similar set-up for women. So, if you don't mind finding your own toilet facilities somewhere in the woods KNOWING that many, and likely less fastidious, have gone before, then this is the place for you. It will cost you $20/night for dry camping.... $30 for an RV site (approximately 12 of these) and near the cabins (some of which ARE RV's). No paving or gravel roads, you drive on the grass and sand. No ocean views from the main campground due to dune shrubbery. It was chilly and foggy in August due to onshore flow. Neah Bay is a sad place to drive through: stray dogs, derelict housing, old, run-down and depressed. Not a lot of shopping opportunities, no entertainment, no restaurants. Lots of signs warning against drugs. The bay itself is beautiful in the silvery twilight and there was a longboat crew out practicing. Looked like the commercial fishing was very active. The museum is well worth a visit.

So, even though we drove all that way.... and it is a long, long drive on windy, bumpy roads... we backtracked 100 miles (!) in the dark to find a different beach campground. Note, there were a few other "parking-lot" camps for fishermen along highway 112... but nothing picturesque till Joyce, which has two good campgrounds.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
13  Thank PIFFKA
Reviewed 13 July 2011

It smells good, it looks good and it sounds good, thanks to being right on a gorgeous, unspoiled beach. The cabin is clean and lovely - I'm writing this review on the totally adequate wireless with the satellite TV on. The sky's clear enough that we'll be out on the comfortable porch to watch it set in awhile. We were going to stay for one night, but added on a second. The staff were nice and very helpful, though you do have to wait for them to respond to a phone call - they're not on site except 9-5. One wonders if some of the negative reviewers stayed at the same place! It ain't cheap, but what a difference from when I stayed at the primitive campground years ago (which I loved, too.)

Room Tip: If no one's at the office, call! We rented our cabin that way.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NashvilleRambler
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Another great 3 days at Hobuck. It is so so beautiful there. Washington Beach Coast at its finest. Great sunsets, everyone enjoys from older to younger. I've reviewed the cabins before, so will only say they met our expectations one more time.
What I do want to address, is, the willingness of their staff to address any issues. We didn't have any , but in the past we asked for a different hide a bed because the one we had was not in great shape. They were in the process of replacing them anyway, so got right on giving us one of the new ones from another cabin. Replaced an outside light bulb right away and accomodated us for staying a little later than the 11am check out. They are very friendly and I have to say Jordan is a pleasure to work with in making reservations. Hobuck is only getting better and better. Don't tell anyone though, don't want the secret to get out. Oh by the way, the sign you see selling fresh smoked salmon when driving through Neah Bay, excellent smoked salmon.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank veebeeque
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We stayed in the RV cabins (cabin 18) over New Years. It was a great location and the cabins were very nice until I went into the bedroom and pulled the sheets back. The bed sheets had long black hairs on the sheets and the pillows (my husband, son and I all have blonde hair). I'm not just talking about one hair, but there were a couple on each pillow as well as quite a few in the middle of the bed. I smelled the sheets and they smelt like cheap perfume and were really greasy. The house cleaner never changed the sheets! They just made the bed. I was so disgusted! They had extra sheets there for the pull out couch that my husband was going to use, but my son and I had to use them for our bed. When we took the old sheets off, the bed was badly stained with yellow, brown and red stains. It was so gross! This started to make me wonder if the towels were clean or did they just keep the same ones in there that didn't get used. There's not much of a choice to stay out there, and if you do decide to stay there, bring your own sheets and towels because there is no store to buy them out there. For as much money as we paid, I can't believe how lazy and disgusting the cleaning staff is. It is in a great location and loved that and would go back again, but I will bring my own towels, sheets and cleaning supplies because I doubt they clean after each guest.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank seamus4321
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Hobuck Resort is an RV Park and Cabins (also plane ol' camping) right at the beach in the most NW corner of Washington State. They cabins face the pacific Ocean just south of Cape Flattery. There are two sets of cabins the newer ones are park model trailers that sleep 4 or 6 depending on the standard or loft style. These cabins look directly out to the water. They also have WWII era cabins that have recently been redone. These cabins allow dogs however they don't look directly out on the beach but the beach is just a very short walk away. I have only stayed in the older cabins since we travel with pets. The Cabin has a simple living room with two (not so comfortable chairs) and a nice hide-a-bed couch, a bedroom with a queen bed, small bath and small kitchen that comes mostly equiped for basic cooking. From the cabins you are a short drive from Cape Flattery and the parking area to Shi Shi Beach. It may not be the snaziest place around but for a little get-a-way in the middle of no where it is a great place to be.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple