“Great location but bring your own sheets!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Neah Bay
Hobuck Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Neah Bay
Marysville, Washington
“Great location but bring your own sheets!”
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We stayed in the RV cabins (cabin 18) over New Years. It was a great location and the cabins were very nice until I went into the bedroom and pulled the sheets back. The bed sheets had long black hairs on the sheets and the pillows (my husband, son and I all have blonde hair). I'm not just talking about one hair, but there were a couple on each pillow as well as quite a few in the middle of the bed. I smelled the sheets and they smelt like cheap perfume and were really greasy. The house cleaner never changed the sheets! They just made the bed. I was so disgusted! They had extra sheets there for the pull out couch that my husband was going to use, but my son and I had to use them for our bed. When we took the old sheets off, the bed was badly stained with yellow, brown and red stains. It was so gross! This started to make me wonder if the towels were clean or did they just keep the same ones in there that didn't get used. There's not much of a choice to stay out there, and if you do decide to stay there, bring your own sheets and towels because there is no store to buy them out there. For as much money as we paid, I can't believe how lazy and disgusting the cleaning staff is. It is in a great location and loved that and would go back again, but I will bring my own towels, sheets and cleaning supplies because I doubt they clean after each guest.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank seamus4321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Hobuck Resort is an RV Park and Cabins (also plane ol' camping) right at the beach in the most NW corner of Washington State. They cabins face the pacific Ocean just south of Cape Flattery. There are two sets of cabins the newer ones are park model trailers that sleep 4 or 6 depending on the standard or loft style. These cabins look directly out to the water. They also have WWII era cabins that have recently been redone. These cabins allow dogs however they don't look directly out on the beach but the beach is just a very short walk away. I have only stayed in the older cabins since we travel with pets. The Cabin has a simple living room with two (not so comfortable chairs) and a nice hide-a-bed couch, a bedroom with a queen bed, small bath and small kitchen that comes mostly equiped for basic cooking. From the cabins you are a short drive from Cape Flattery and the parking area to Shi Shi Beach. It may not be the snaziest place around but for a little get-a-way in the middle of no where it is a great place to be.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Washington, the State
Reviewed 13 December 2010

What a wonderful place to experience the remoteness, beauty and serenity of the area.
We enjoyed staying in the loft cabin immensely; everything was spic and span; preparing and eating our meals with the wonderful view was a great pleasure. Next time we'll try staying in one of the new "oceanview" cabins.
MUST take the short hike on the Cape Flattery trail, the most northwesterly tip of the continental United States.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Hobuck is not the classiest place, but it's a great place for gathering family or friends who enjoy beach activities (surfing in our case) and its located in a beautiful location. We have stayed their numerous times at the campground cabins and the rv cabins. The campground cabins are older but have been redone and are suitable for families who have kids going in and out of the cabins. Not immaculate, but clean. You are allowed to have dogs there as well. The RV cabins are newer and have a nice view of the ocean. They are quite nice and the rv loft cabins can accomodate 6-7 people. No dogs allowed there.
I feel some of the other reviews have judged them harshly. You would not stay somewhere that was unclean. I don't put these cabins in that category.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 13 September 2010

You are better off camping out in one of the national parks and making the drive to Hobuck and Shi Shi beach for surfing, kayaking, and hiking, rather than staying at this "resort". The cabins were dirty, dingy, poorly furnished/decorated/ and overall low quality. The grounds and the cabins have great potential to be a beautiful destination resort right on the water, but we arrived to fish guts in front of our cabin and unpleasant smells in the cabin. For the price ($130-150/night for cabins), this place is a complete let down and I would definitely not go back in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank WAOutdoorTraveler
Snohomish
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Stay away!! I don't mind primitive, but this place can only be described as raunchy! The toilets are all about to over flow, which is a dangerous health concern for my family. Men and women have even been seen going into the bushes on the other side of the main road with TP in hand. When advised about the wide spread sanitation concerns, the staff doesn't care because they say it is the responsibility Makah Tribal Council. What? A tribal council needs to make the decision to clean outhouses and bathrooms?? Well, until they do, where are we going to go? Com'on people, take a little pride in your business, land, and property! Until then, we won't be back!‏

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank jmburns
Temple City
Reviewed 19 July 2010

One of the best places I’ve ever stayed and had one of the hardest time leaving. Hobuck Beach Resort is just beautiful! My husband and I stayed on one of the 3 RV Cabins they offer and the cabin was very clean, very quiet, and had everything we needed to just relax… It was like being home away from home.

Dinning in Neah Bay is pretty much slim to none except for a Burger Joint across the street from the Makah Mini Mart. If only I remembered the name of the place but I “kid you not” the place had one of the best burgers I ever had and the service was sweet!

Did they whole Neah Bay Experience and visited Cape Flattery, Hiked to Shi Shi Beach, Went Fishing near Tatoosh Island, got lost purposely, and even caught a crab. But what I remember most about Neah Bay is its people. They people there were just wonderful and I cannot wait until my next visit and I will be staying back @ Hobuck Beach Resort!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Port Renfrew
The Homestead Cabins
The Homestead Cabins
#4 of 8 in Port Renfrew

Been to Hobuck Beach Resort? Share your experiences!