“The Best B&B Experience You Could Ever Want.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Bend
The Roaring River Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 North Bend B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stop reading this review and book a stay with Peggy & Hershel right now! You will not regret it! The bed and breakfast lies right on the Snoqualmie River and has the most beautiful scenery. Unlike other B&B's where you need to eat with the other guests, Hershel delivers homemade food every morning in a basket to your door. Peggy & Hershel make about six different homemade meals which are all very delicious (I have tried 4 different ones myself). My wife and I spent our honeymoon here and we went back 4 months later because it was so amazing. The rooms are clean and comfortable. This is the best B&B one could ever hope for.

Room Tip: The best room is the mountain room. I would suggest staying in any of the upper floor rooms because...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Delightful, peaceful setting in the woods, listening to the river below. Property is lovely, extremely well maintained, and Herschel and Peggy are great hosts. The breakfast is always hot and delicious and Herschel delivers it to the door exactly at the time requested each morning. Hope we get to come back in the summer. We had a great stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Was looking for a place to stay near the falls and Salish did not seem worth the price. Looked at their website and was a bit concerned when I saw their pictures. However when I arrived I could not have been more pleased. The owners first of all are absolutely sweet, engaging and welcoming. We received a thorough tour of the place, and recommendation on trails and dining options. We stayed at the 'rock and rose' room which I was initially concerned about since frankly the picture on the website makes it seem as if there's an imposing, disgusting boulder occupying most of the space. I was wrong. The boulder has a cute history, cheerfully relayed to us by the owner. The room is cutely and quaintly decorated around the boulder giving a sense of sleeping in a natural history museum. There is a flat screen TV, mini-fridge, and coffee maker in the room. Interestingly, there is also a lovely sauna behind the boulder. But absolutely the best part of the room is the large and wide window which directly faces the trees and river in front. The views and sounds are incredible. Even in October we left the window cracked to be soothed by the sounds of the river as we slept. Oh and the warm delicious breakfast that was delivered to our door in the morning! We had a delicious omelet, sausage, juice, fresh warm baked pastry and rolls which enjoyed outside on our private patio while mesmerized by the view of the river directly in front of us.
For the picky travelers I will add this:although the TV, fridge and coffee maker are modern, the room itself does have dated decorations and I am not sure how new the mattress is(although it was comfortable). But the room was impeccably clean and I must admit I will have paid far more for this room than I did now that I am aware of the experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deeres
Reviewed 14 October 2013

If you don't want or need to be near the city, this is a great little B&B near North Bend, WA. The owners couldn't be nicer, and the variety of rooms and small cabins is very interesting. We will look forward to go back again. We loved the fresh delivered breakfast to our room. Access to fishing and hiking nearby. And dining, shopping is not really that far away in North Bend or Snoqualmie.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

What a B&B !!! We were enchanted with the views and quaint little viewing spots. Our room had a HUGE rock in it. Don't know if it was put there or the room was built around it. Talk about unique. Our in-room breakfast matched the room for quality. This would be a place to spend several days. If you leave the window open slightly the river lulls you to sleep. Would we go again? In a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Check the website for a very complete and honest room description. Get Google directions because it...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ross R
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Let me start off this review stating the rating is not because of the rooms but because of the customer service experience I had. We were going there on Sep 12 and I got a call the day before requiring me to go home to our apartment because of bed bugs needed to be exterminated, The apartment did not give me a choice, I called the roaring river and asked the day before not for a refund but to change the date of the stay. No empathy from them, kind of expected that because it is a business, told them I could not come because I was being required to go back home. I then sent an email hoping maybe they would give me a discount for going in December which they are not usually busy at that time anyway. Not even a response to my email which I sent on Sunday, Sept 15 and today is Wednesday, Sep 18. So if there are no problems this is a great place to stay but if you have any issues I guess its too bad, so sad for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck A
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We flew into Seattle very late, it was a 45 min drive from SeaTac to this beautiful property, so we arrived shortly after midnight. Herschel and Peggy were lovely hosts and had everything prepared for us. We stayed in The Rock and Rose Room which was just built around a huge rock. The room had its own sauna and a magnificient view. Everything was nice, clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the river sounds! The tasty breakfast was delivered to our room in a basket, we had it on the patio with the view down into the valley. After breakfast we took a stroll and went down to the water. It's a real pity we could not stay longer. We highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah
SpringHill Suites Seattle Issaquah
Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah
Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue

Been to The Roaring River Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!