“Surprise Anniversary”

Ranked #12 of 16 things to do in North Bend
More attraction details
Owner description: Naturally warm, soothing water soaks your troubles away in this beautiful wilderness setting
Seattle, Washington
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Surprise Anniversary”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We were trying to find a hike to a waterfall and were in the Dingford trail head parking lot. A member of Goldmyer was driving a 4 wheel drive vehicle and asked if we were going to the hot springs. We had never heard of it, but as we found out, many of our friends know about it. He gave us a ride and we found a well kept wilderness overlooking the Middlefork of the Snoqualmie river and surrounded by creeks, old growth forests and lovely, wilderness camping sites. We bathed in the hot springs (warning there are clothing optional times). My favorite was the cave with the hottest spring inside. It was like a steam bath with a lookout into the creek and forrest. There is a changing pavilion and a pit toilet. Bring your own food and water. As we were leaving we met a friend who had come there since he was a baby. We hiked out by way of the approx. 5 mile trail called Middlefork trail. It was a spectacular hike through forests, meadows, streams and over bridges with rushing creeks and waterfalls. We ate our lunch on a log which formed a bridge over a creek with our feet in a small cold water pool. It was one of our best anniversaries ever. Many friends we told about Goldmyer Hot Springs had been there snowshoeing, hiking and camping. Everyone seemed to know about it but us.

Visited August 2012
9 Thank Pat_e321

Vinjooderlee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Long hike in but the springs are gorgeous”
Reviewed 13 April 2010

I was told to bring a mountain bike to ride there on "Middlefork". What I wasn't told is that there is a Middlefork Road and a Middlefork trail. I found the trail first which is open to mountain bikes and leads to Goldmyer. Huge mistake: I'm not an extreme mountain biker, and that's the kind of expertise needed to enjoy this trail on a bike. I ended up pushing, carrying, and hurling that bike around with me until I finally ditched it 5 miles in, just after the cutoff to the foot bridge that leads to the Dingford trail head which also (I later found out) connects to the Middlefork Road. The Middlefork trail is awesomely beautiful ON FOOT though, although there were a few places where massive tree downs blocked and otherwise obscured the path so it took a leap of faith to continue and refind the otherwise well-defined trail.

7 Thank RaghavaV
Sultan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Revisited 38 years later”
Reviewed 23 January 2009

I first visited Goldmyer when I was in High School. It was rustic, and usually littered with plastic, trash, and occasional broken glass from someones beer bottle. It was all we needed at the time. Fording the river was always an adventure, but you could drive to the rivers edge then.
Now the site is maintained by an organization that takes very serious the land,and strives to see that it remains as clean as possible. A footbridge has been built over the river, along with a trail to the area from Dingford Creek, for hiking. The other way would be hiking or biking on the old forest service road that is gated and is about 4+ miles from the rivers edge. Overnight Camping is available, but reservations are a must during peak times of the season. There is a fee to camp with use of the Hotsprings, but it's worth every cent. I will be back to enjoy the soak before too long.

2 Thank liloldunit
A TripAdvisor Member
“what a surprize!”
Reviewed 12 October 2003

WoW! I was sure surprized on how long the 22 mile 4x4 road took, that was an adventure in iteself. Surprized again on how much I did not want to cross the river (cold, fast, scarey!) Once there- TOTALLY worth it.
A great clean, well maintained hot spring. Gorgeous setting. Wish i could have styed longer but I had not anticipated how long it would take to get there. enjoy!

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member