“Great value for the price.”
Review of Edgewick Inn

Edgewick Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 North Bend B&B and Inns
Clayton, Washington
“Great value for the price.”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We booked this hotel last minute to travel to our granddaughter's soccer game. The price was great. The room was small but comfortable and adequate for our needs. There is also a great restaurant across the street for breakfast before you leave. Even though our booking was last minute, we still got the non-smoking room we requested. The inside is a bit dated and could use a little sprucing up and they could stand to purchase some new towels as they were a bit thin. All-in-all though, it was a good experience and we would stay again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bbgma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 April 2013

… and I’m sure I’ll be back. For years I had been staying east of the pass, but by staying in North Bend it moves a few variables to the prior day. A DOT scale, a mountain pass … and now road construction (spring 2013)

The motel is well maintained but no ‘perks,’ and I don’t need any. Room was quiet, clean and the water was hot. Three choices of food across the street. Country Pride (truckstop/family), Popeye’s and a BBQ place.

Internet is not wireless, you need to ask for a cord and the plug in for it is not near the table, so a little awkward but it works. It’s like the rest of this place, no frills but fills the need.

My pics tell the rest of the story.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Montana City, Montana
Reviewed 21 November 2012

People can say what they wish ! These room did not smell and were very clean and I would recommend them to anyone.
When we were there My husband went ill and needed to go to the hospital and the front desk person (I will say her name ...Lisa called hospitals for me to find where he was .
We were from out of town and I had taken ill earlier that year and I did not even think to ask where they were taking him ~ Well she found him for me and after working all night long she offered to drive me to that hospital and or drive and I would follow (now that is service beyond)
I saw her niceness towards all her customers (not just myself !)
Yes I guess if you stay in a smoking room it will smell a little like smoke (you should expect this!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank dennise o
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2012

It was cheap and available. Ran up to North Bend to watch the 1st Seahawks pre-season game at the casino and be in the "dark" for the meteor shower. Elderly lady at the front counter was friendly and brief. No small talk. But that's okay. Only smoking rooms were available but my hubby and I didn't care. We just needed a place to lay our head for the night. It was unfortunately terribly dirty. I didn't feel comfortable walking around without my shoes on. There were strange drips running down the walls (over a light switch)... we didn't use that light. The chairs at the table in the room were bad too... looked like it had years of spills on it. We got up bright and early and got out of there. I didn't even look in the shower or anything. I appreciate the availability of "mom and pop" places. I think all this place needs is a little TLC and I would totally go back there. Oh and the truck stop/restaurant across the street... don't order the fish and chips. :)

Room Tip: Had a nice view from the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dawn R

Travellers are raving about these North Bend hotels

Ellensburg, Washington
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We took a fast trip to Seattle to go to the zoo. My sister wanted to leave the night before, so she wouldn't have much drive in morning. All the hotels were booked in Seattle. Nice little hotel. Right off the freeway. Price was right. And close to gas station to walk too to get goodies. And staff was friendly. We didn't have a problem at all. We need to support mom and pop places like these.

Room Tip: Very low noise. You can't hear the people in the next room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cats93
BellinghamWA
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I won't say the staff didn't work hard, they did and they were kind and helpful, but the place...... The rooms smelled sooooo bad and were terribly small. We finally found one of the offending culprits, a really cheap air freshener in the back corner of the place to hang your clothes. It was so strong, but it didn't quite cover the other odors of age and, well, who knows. Thank goodness the windows open. The location across from the truck stop may be handy for truckers, but it is quite away from the downtown where decent eating options are available. The hot tub is under what looks like a long term repair. Just be prepared.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank WBKG
Ritzville, Washington
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I wanted to like this place because the front desk lady seemed helpful enough. However, we didn't have the best experience. The motel could use a good rennovation. The rooms are very small with smaller beds for a 6'4" man. Our first room the TV didn't work and the front desk lady came down to help. We didn't have any luck and so she moved us to a new room. It seemed like a very unique system in getting the TV to work. We had problems with the bathroom drain and my husband had to go underneath the sink to fix it. We turned off all the lights and there was a light in the corner that kept lightly going even though the switch was turned off. We had to take the cover off so that we could unscrew the bulb! This is a no frills place with NOTHING on the wall for pictures. We were hoping for something more than a MOTEL 6 but found something less that that. (sorry). One positive thing was the breakfast breads and good coffee as we left.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#5 of 8 in Redmond

Been to Edgewick Inn? Share your experiences!