“Nothing special.”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Yes it was the Double R diner on Twin Peaks but let's face it, that's the long gone past. It's just a typical little diner with average food and average diner atmosphere. Prices is are high and food is mediocre. There are better places for less, but if you are looking to eat at the home of Twin Peaks, have fun.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I would love to have a local diner to hang out at, however, the owner and staff are so unfriendly and rude that I would rather not return. The food is average - I would have returned had the staff been more welcoming. The person at the cash register didn't even say "thank you" after I paid at the counter. He looked annoyed. Too bad...

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Looking for a quick meal we stopped at Twede’s Café because we were there and not because of Twin Peaks. It is a diner which has nothing really special unless you like Twin Peaks or trains. Around the room there a model train sets high upon the wall; close enough to see but far enough to stop little fingers.

The Twin Peaks fans will love the wall next to the restrooms which include cast and set photos. It also includes something which was surprising. The café was rebuilt after a 2000 arson attack. Yet instead of building a modern diner they appear to have rebuilt the original which means it looks dated. It is and by design.

When we were there they served breakfast, lunch and dinner anytime. I had the Twin Peaks Burger which was too big to eat as a burger. They have fresh fries which still have the skins on. These are bottomless but after the burger I was full.

The parking can be a challenge depending on how busy the intersection is. In the evening check the time because they close at 8pm which for some is early.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

After spending the night at a 1 star motel I deserved a good breakfast. Twede's was comfortable, offered a great menu, and the food was really good. The coffee seemed extra good but maybe I was just feeling very appreciative of a cup of strong coffee. I'd stop here again.

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

The cafe is worn and showing its age. The service was efficient but not particularly friendly. The breakfast was quite good though, with huge portions. My husband had the biscuits and gravy. The biscuits were light and fluffy and the gravy was clearly from scratch. I am really picky about B&G, and thought this was was really good. I had the pancakes. Nothing special there, but also good. The bacon was high quality, not the usual fair. We took a cherry pie to go, but haven't tasted it yet. The coffee was disappointing. Not at all "a damn fine cup of coffee" like on "Twin Peaks".