“Go anywhere but here”
Review of Queen Ann Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oak Harbor
Queen Ann Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Oak Harbor
Chehalis, Washington
“Go anywhere but here”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I kept reading over some of the recent reviews, and wondered if I had wandered into an alternative universe - and that I had missed the one where the Queen Ann had caring owners and comfortable beds. Because our Queen Ann had neither.

The bed was hard as a rock, and sleep was not forthcoming. Upon check in, the woman at the desk (I'm assuming from the way she reacted that she was the owner) questioned me as if I were a criminal. She kept insisting "there's two of you? No pets? Two of you? Any pets? Where's your ID" until I thought, OK, maybe we should have brought a pet just to make her happy.

There was not warm welcome, there was no, smile and happy to see you, she wanted an ID immediately and a credit card.

I know, this is no Hampton Inn where you get fresh cookies. We weren't expecting that. It was 9:30 at night, we were tired and just wanted a comfy place to sleep. We had a room with a Mr. Coffee coffee pot (interesting) but no hair dryer. They did have more amenities than I thought they would (shampoo and soap and conditioner) and it looked clean, but for a non smoking room, it smelled of smoke - obviously not a strict policy.

In the morning when we drove out of Oak Harbour we realized that there were a great many other hotels we could have stayed at, had we been a little less hasty after a day of driving.

My rating would be that it is below a Motel 6, and above camping. That's about it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LalatimarketingDr

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Osoyoos, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This motel is not fancy by any means but the price was right and the room was clean. The owners were very helpful and kept the noise down from the pub. The Queen Ann is really central to everything and being off the main street it was quiet.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank j m
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stayed here at the end of July, 2012. The owners made usre my family had the rooms they needed (6 of us). Their caring support and attention to our rest and comfort made this a great place. Nt every motel is going to be new. This experience remnded me of the importance of the people I do business with. I found them to be trustworthy, caring people. I felt safe, I slept well, and the pricing was great.

They even insisted that I take a roll away bed so we'd have plenty of room.

Then two days later my son thought he lost his jacket at the room - we called back and they did everything they could do to help us recover the jacket - which we did.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 August 2012

It was a weekend where no room was available in the area. We were delighted to get a room at the Queen Anne Motel at midnight. The bed and room were comfortable, and the owners were wonderful. It was incredibly afordable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martha t
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I've stayed at cheap motels around the country, and this was one of the saddest. To whit:

-The bed was hard as a rock. I kept waking up every hour to turn over to my other side. -There was a bar about 20 feet away from my room and that made things noisy.
-Even better was the family staying in the room next to mine - I think they live there because there are flowers outside the door. They used the parking lot as a place for their kids to play - right next to my room.
-The blanket on the bed was very thin and the bottom sheet wasn't fitted right, so it came off the bed while I was sleeping.

I've had much better rooms at a Motel 6 (and they were cheaper). But honestly, this whole town was sad. I wouldn't stay here ever again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Rochelle M

Travellers are raving about these Oak Harbor hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I recently stayed here at this motel with my family. The looks on the outside are almost a mirror image of what you find on the inside- rundown and old. It looks like they have attempted to update and modernize the motel, but it was a poor effort. And the management- There is very poor management there. In our room it stunk of cigarette smoke (and we specifically asked for a non-smoking room), the air was stale.
I will say that this motel is in a great area. The beach is right down the road, restaurant is right next door and it has an indoor swimming pool along with stores just right down the street.
But I do not recommend this motel to anyone who comes to stay in Oak Harbor.

Room Tip: Don't come to this motel if you are looking for something nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank katie k
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States
Reviewed 24 May 2012

i stayed at the queen motel,in oak harbor,wa.on the weekend of 4th-6th of may.the rooms are clean and tidy.the staff,are great.the restaurant is great.great service.

Room Tip: stay here,you will enjoy yourself.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
#2 of 4 in Oak Harbor
Acorn Motor Inn
Acorn Motor Inn
#1 of 6 in Oak Harbor

Been to Queen Ann Motel? Share your experiences!