“Harbour town seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The salmon pate is terrific, the seafood gumbo was very good and the mixed shells (clams & mussels) were delightful, with superb broth. The service was good the prices were reasonable and the outdoor seating was adequate (beside hwy 20). There could have been more choice in terms of appetizers, oysters on the half shell was expected but not available.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

After a day of exploring Whdbey Island we were ready for good food and a relaxing evening and we found both. This surprisingly small place (I thought it would be big given the nearby NAS) is filled with a down home vibe and food to match. We were trying to go light and decided to split a cup of chowder which had the perfect combination of clams, potatoes, celery and seasonings. Chock full of clams, but wonderfully balanced. Thick. My husband had the cod and chips = proclaimed delicious with an ample serving of great cole slaw. I took the crab and shrimp louis - excellent with 1000 island on the side. Several asparagus stalks were a nice touch. The management / wait staff could not have been more pleasant, efficient, and gracious. They were really busy and just flew around the place trying to please everyone - which they certainly did in our case. Wish we lived closer.

1  Thank pmjc
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I decide to split the combination for two. It could easily served more. It had oysters, halibut, salmon, cod, calamari, prawns, shrimp, and clams. A lot of fries too. It is served with 3 sauces which were great. All of this is fried. There were way too many clam strips. The main fish items had to be cut in half to be split for two. I would offer two of each item on a combo like this. It makes it much easier. I thought the smaller shrimp were really good. Fish was moist. It is small and very busy. service was great!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This place was recommended by the hotel staff where we were staying. My granddaughter had a whole crab which was good. My husband and I ordered the fish and chips. We also ordered the chowder. The chowder was not even that warm. The fish had no flavor. The coating on the fish was just as bland as could be. It seemed to be a popular place because there was a line to get in. I was not sure what everyone was seeing in this place.

1  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Our son and daughter in law are stationed at Whidbey Island NAS and took us to Seabolts. My daughter in law and wife don't care for seafood and they found plenty on the menu to satisfy them. I had the oyster platter which was a little mre breaded than I like, but the fresh taste of the oysters overcame a breading that was lighter than I expected. The Seafood Stew was the hit of the meal. Loaded with seafood, very tasty and better than a bowl of similar stew I had in Maine. Far more seafood and flavor and worthy of a stew moniker.