“A Good Choice”

The Coachman Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oak Harbor
Reviewed 6 October 2011

You could not go wrong with this hotel. The room was immaculate with fluffy, white towels and all other amenities. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet -- important since the hotel was full when we were there. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant; breakfast was more complete than we expected and exceeded the term "continental breakfast." I highly recommend this hotel if you are planning to catch the ferry through the San Juans. An added bonus was the drive to the hotel. Deception Bay was beautiful and a place that I will remember for a long time.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Xanadu444

Reviewed 4 October 2011

We stayed one night in a king room. The room was nice and clean. A small refrigerator was provided, the TV was an LCD, but the picture quality wasn't very good. I did appreciate the DVD player that was provided. The bed was comfy. We didn't eat the continental breakfast, so I don't have an opinion on it. We had planned on sleeping in, but the hotel was full of motorcycle riders for a rally that was happening that weekend, so that didn't happen. We need to plan more carefully in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Room was average in amenities, size and furnishings. The bed was not comfortable, it probably needed to be replaced. Everything was clean, neat and quite. Breakfast was better than average.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We booked a queen room and it was very nice-clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was always very friendly and happy to serve. The only thing I thought was lacking was the free continental breakfast. There was a toaster and breads (english muffins and regular bread) and cold cerial, orange juice, coffee and biscuits with gravy. I wished they had muffins and other choices. The pool and hot tub area was very inviting looking!

I would recommend this place for anyone to stay. It was very nice!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim E
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I was leary of staying in an independant hotel, but after reading previous reviews, I felt it was a safe bet and it was. The other hotels in the area looked a bit iffy. Its not a "new" or a chain but very comfortable. Staff was very friendly. We stayed for 4 days and would recommend it to others and would come back. It was the perfect place to stay to get to the farry's to the San Juan Islands. Only thing is the roads leading in and out of town are not lit and very very curvy and at night there is sometimes fog or rain making it difficult to drive an unknown road at night.

We ate the free continental breakfast each morning and it was acceptable as free breakfasts go (coffee/Tea/cereal/oatmeal/toast/donuts/bagels). There are not a lot of options for dining in town.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JeanieHoustonTexas
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We reserved here with anxiety not sure which reviews to believe but were very happy with the accomodations. The hotel was very clean and up to date. Room was like any hotel room basically but with a few upgrades - crown moulding and really cool faucets. The continental breakfast was pretty good too. Hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, cereals, juice, english muffins, various muffins, peanut butter, coffee and apples. There was plenty to satisfy a simple appetite.
We did not use the spa area, but many people were there enjoying the pool and hot tubs.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AngelSonrisa
Reviewed 6 August 2011

This was a pleasure trip. My girlfriend lives here in Oak Harbor, WA. I came to visit her and she showed me Oak Harbor and all of the island. We went on a Ferry Ride to PortTownsend, Wa. Such a cute town! We also visited Seattle, Wa. Was a great visit!!

My room had one large bed and a sofa, table and chair. Very clean. Nice staff and a delicious breakfast at the office. I brought my breakfast back to my room to eat it. I slept so good. So beautiful to look out at the trees! It was a very comfortable room. I know older persons would like the room with the pretty view. I had a downstairs room. Very easy to get into and out and close to the office. Families might need a larger room.

Room Tip: If you are bringing your breakfast back to your room--get a room close to the office.