“Wonderful Place To Stay On Whidbey Island”

The Coachman Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oak Harbor
Bothell, Washington, United States
“Wonderful Place To Stay On Whidbey Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

We go to Whidbey Island every February for the Langley Murder Mystery Weekend. We first found this motel in 2011 and have stayed there every February since. The motel has very comfortable rooms and the staff is very pleasant and accommodating. Staying in Oak Harbor gives us access to a variety of restaurants and stores.

Room Tip: The motel sits off of the highway so I would expect most rooms to be quiet. We have stayed in a sin...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Missy H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

My daughters and I were looking for a short trip for a long weekend. We love the Deception Pass area and Whidbey in general. This was the perfect spot. The room was nicely decorated, the beds were super comfortable, every thing was well maintained and clean. The basic amenities were better than many places I've stayed. Microwave/fridge, 37" tv, DVD player and DVDs to borrow, nice hot breakfast included. We had a nice time and will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank LauraVall
Tumwater, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

/My husband is a with a motorcycle group who do military funerals by setting up flag lines, escorting etc. They had a mission in Oak Harbor and so we both went to it, because we had never been in Oak Harbor before so I made reservations at the Coachman Inn, WOW! what a nice place..the very sweet little lady....85 yrs young...gave a berevement discount and when we got there our room wasn't ready so we got a free upgrade...a very comfortable room, clean and bright...the bed was so comfortable my hubby was wanting to bring it home...by the way the inn is veteran owned..

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Annie3749Tumwater
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

For years, my route took me to Whidbey Island, and during those years I stayed at several different hotels. I visited Oak Harbor every other week, and after three months of 'looking' and 'comparing' the different hotels available, I selected The Coachman Inn as my 'regular'.

Yes, there is variety in rooms, smoking, non-smoking, standard and suites.

We've NEVER had / experienced a 'justifiable' negative stay at the Coachman Inn. I truly believe it to be the best, highest value Inn on North Whidbey, without question.f

Whatever room I use, I always find them well appointed, clean, well maintained and in short, perfect. I've never stayed here where sleep was interrupted.

I have had guests travel with me and they've always commented on the perfect stay. Wifi is included, but some of the remote rooms have occasional weak signals - this is TYPICAL of all wifi in Oak Harbor.

Now, whenever my wife and I go to Oak Harbor, it is our hotel of choice. I appreciate the support they give to the military as well. The offered/included breakfast is by selection, not a full restaurant menu, but adequate to start the day. SOME military folks will enjoy the sausage gravy over an english muffin, bisquit - or hard boiled eggs, or you make it waffles, cereal, toast, apples or oranges ... your choice, OR one can eat at several different restaurants nearby.

Our stays at The Coachman are comfortable and the staff are friendly. Recommended as #1 in Oak Harbor

Room Tip: I like to stay in the suites - kitchenette, great. And/or in a jacuzzi room.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank SBruce J
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Stayed one night in July while traveling. There are favorable reviews about the larger rooms with sitting area and kitchens, but our room was very basic, with one queen bed for around $100. Wall mounted AC/heater, bed, TV, small table, amenities... all standard and like what you find in thousands of other motels. It's right on the main highway running through Oak Harbor, surrounded by other stores and restaurants, so location is convenient.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kent W
Renton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

We love taking trips to Whidbey Island and the place we always love to stay at is The Coachman Inn at Oak Harbor. Not only can you take short trips from the Inn as a base but the amenities are plentiful. The room we always choose has a kitchen and a roommy sitting area to catch up on reading or watch a favorite video. they have a wonderful breakfast that is included and yes even a pool & hot tub. but best of all is the Customer Service. the Coachman Inn is our home away from home & we never tire of the sightseeing on Whidbey Island. there our so many small towns to sight see, One of our favorite's (Coupville). You can drive there or ferry.
Here is there phone # 1-800-635-0043 I know they will help you in every way.

Richard and Paula McBrady

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Richard M
Cortland, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

Coachman Inns in Oak Harbor, Washington is a good place to stay. The staff was courtious and polite. The room, 222, was well kept. The lodge was clean and always available. I recomend calling ahead, I imagine this inn fills quickly. I had no issues at this inn. The only mild inconvenience was the loud jets from the nearby naval base. Yet, that's not the inn's doing and they do need to practice. All-in-all, thumbs up for the Coachman Inns at Oak Harbor, Washington.

Room Tip: #222 was a nice one bedroom suite.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
#4 of 6 in Oak Harbor
Harbor Inn
Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Freeland

Been to The Coachman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!