“Cranky Reception”

The Coachman Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oak Harbor
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Found this hotel/motel on this site. We went to beat the heat in Seattle as the place showed AC and a pool on its website. As we drove up, we saw that the photographer was extremely gifted as the pool looked good in pictures but was little more than a caged hole next to the office. Reception person was gruff and abrasive. Room did not look like website pics but was OK and the air conditioner kinda worked if you cranked it up and left it on listening to the constant rattle.
We won't be back...

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank PKHedonist

Reviewed 8 May 2009

Coachman is great for the rates they charge, which are usually lower or within a few bucks of the other good hotels on Whidbey, and the Coachman gives more. We've stayed here more than a few times and found their rooms pretty big, with mini-fridges and granite bathroom countertops, super-helpful front desk clerks, and a really good free breakfast. The owners are local and obviously care lots about their hotel and the guests.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank edebohls
Reviewed 1 May 2009

The Coachman Inn is not a great resort with all sorts of bells and whistles, but as for a place to spend the night it is as good as it gets. Very often people with a grudge writes great stories about how bad this are, but far to seldom does the satisfied guests express their satisfaction. My wife and I all the way from Vermont are very satisfied with our stay at this Inn.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stompa
Reviewed 22 September 2008

This hotel is locally run, and we've stayed there a few times, sometimes extended. The kitchens and bathrooms are remodled with granite and it is a surprise since from the outside you might not guess it. The staff is alright, depends on who you get. I reserved a suite but was given a room but we didn't mind since it was for one night. All doors are exterior and it was convienient for us since we had pets.

Stayed: May 2008
2  Thank MandieGirl
Reviewed 18 April 2008

The hotel was acceptable. It had a fairly clean room. There was a little graffiti behind the large tv that hadn't quite come off. The tub had a lot of mold. It wasn't crawling with roaches but it could have been cleaner. The thing that bothered me is they weren't very nice when it came to my pet. They were skeptical of me as a dog owner and how capable I am. Despite the $20 pet fee they still were not quite sure about my dog. They were not respectful when I discussed this. The staff was quite rude. And after asking for a single bed for me and my partner, they put us in a room with two beds. I am completely unhappy about our stay there.

Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank tigerlil120
Reviewed 19 November 2007

We seem to never get a great Motel room because we smoke and we have a
little dog, but this motel caters to everyone. We called and booked a room here for two nights, but wound up staying 3 nights. When we arrived to check in, they had not booked a smoking room for us, so not
only did they upgrade us, they did not charge us for the upgrade.

First, the Coachman is a beautiful Motel and well laid out. We were thrilled to find the room spacious, and extremely clean! Usually your pet/smoking rooms are not like this, and normally you do not get nice bedding, carpet, etc. This motel is the exception, you are not treated
to a second class room here! (Either that, or I cannot imagine what the "nice" rooms would be like!!!)

Our upgrade was to a kitchenette room, it was so cute!! The queen size bed was very comfortable, had four pillows, and a white comforter, maybe down, I am not sure, but the bed was cozy and wonderful. There was a couch, nice size table and two chairs. The lighting was great in all areas of the room. Adequate bathroom with large fluffy towels plus an array of soap, lotion, shampoo, hair dryer
etc. Our room had an ironing board and iron. We did not need anything else. The carpet was clean and felt good.

Close by there are plenty of restaurants including fast food.

I can't say enough good things about this Motel and the staff. Anything you want or need...they listen and help. They were all very friendly. The Continental Breakfast has a good selection and will fill
you up in a very nice atmosphere.

If you are going to Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island I highly recommend The Coachman Inn.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Beachy50
Reviewed 18 September 2007

My friend and I had the most wonderful stay at the Coachman Inn . We stayed in the largest suite with 2 large bedrooms , kitchen, dining and family areas... it was just great. We brought her daughter (11yrs. old) and her 3 friends and they had a ball. The pool was warm and inviting, as were the staff. The breakfast was excellent with something so everyone. I would highly recommend this hotel!!!

Stayed: September 2007
#1 of 1 in Freeland
Oak Harbor Inn
Oak Harbor Inn
#4 of 4 in Oak Harbor

Been to The Coachman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!