“A place to hang your hat” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Auld Holland Inn

Auld Holland Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Oak Harbor B&B and Inns
Kennewick, Washington, United States
“A place to hang your hat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

The room we stayed in was nice. It reminded me a lot of an old ladys house. Smelled the same too. It was clean, but queen size bed was more like a double. I had no problem with the noise from the street could not hear it at all. The breakfast was just as promised "light" . All in all it was a nice stay somewhere to sleep that is clean.. Not romantic, but good enough to spend a couple nights at!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melysa M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
barcelona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

Excellent price-quality relationship. Advantages: free internet access, king size bed, old but clean room. Disadvantages: room facing the main road, therefore quite loud. Poor breakfast. A little bit of bread for the eggs or with some marmalade and butter are not expensive and would have made it a continental breakfast. Otherwise, the treatment was accetable. Highly recommended: stopmat the brigdes of deception pass before entering Oak Harbour and plan a trip to whalewatching starting from Anacortes (reservation recommended). Good pub restaurant nearby: the Flyer.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mbernal
100 Mile House, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

An old motel but reasonably clean(carpet stains show it's age). Nothing fancy with very basic breakfast but for the price you can't go wrong. Single glazed windows don' help with lots of traffic on nearby highway. Jets practicing till late at night are part of Whidbey island and have to be expected.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jager41
Crystal Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

We would certainly stay here again in light of the cleanliness and very competitive pricing. That having been said, if you're finicky about modern furnishings or having a firm new mattress, or if a robust complimentary breakfast matters a lot to you, you might want to spend a little more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

I arrived a little late as we were at a class and I was unaware that the office closed at 10:00 pm. I immediately apologized for checking in late and was very polite. The FIRST thing that I was told was that "this is not a party place." I was really embarrassed, borderline offended. I then explained where we came from and where we were going - which I felt like I needed to do so it would be known we were not here to make trouble. I should NOT have felt obligated to tell our personal business. Even after my explanation I was told "Well we tell this to ALL our guests, the first call is to the police." Really, you tell that to ALL your guests? Parents checking in with children?? Out of towners, foreigners? I'm sure that is NOT how you greet THOSE guests. I don't believe that my I.D. was looked at, even though I presented it, but I am a 35 year old woman. I am not a teenager, not a hooligan, not a trouble maker. I am a local and professional in the town of Oak Harbor. I was embarrassed. I really feel the comments that were made to me were unnecessary and my behavior in NO way indicated that I was there to cause trouble. I won't stay again and I will share my story of how I was treated with others here in town.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank DdiZZle77

Travellers are raving about these Oak Harbor hotels

Priest River,Id.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed here for one night as I had business in Oak Harbor the next morning. The price was good(65.32 for a double) and had no problems with check-in. The room was clean, plenty of towels; the road noise was fairly loud during business hours but quieted down after 7-8:00.
The only thing I was disappointed with was that my husband had left me a message and the desk did not forward it, not a catastrophe but... A small array of breakfast foods were offered; cold cereal,sweet rolls,beverages and there was a 1-serving coffee maker w/coffee in-room. All in all nothing special just a decent place to sleep!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank sb02
British Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I can't remember how many years it's been since I paid $69 a night for a hotel. At least 10. What you get at the Auld Holland Inn is a large clean room with comfortable beds and all the basic amenities including free wifi (which I did not use, so I am unable to comment on its reliability). On top of that, breakfast is included. Nothing notable there; cereal, juice,coffee, hard boiled eggs and cinnamon buns, but adequate. If you are fussy or demanding, you may not find this hotel to your liking. It's not luxurious but you have to consider what you are paying. I had no complaints. The staff were friendly and very helpful. I did not hear any noise from neighbouring rooms, but the hotel was not heavily booked on the night of my stay. The rooms are located very close to Highway 20. I don't beleive there was a lot of night time traffic but I wore earplugs as a precaution. I found it slightly inconvenient that the wash basin and mirror were situated in the main room rather than in the bathroom. The addition of a mirror in the bathroom would have been very helpful and would permit two people to do their grooming simultaneously instead of taking turns at the single mirror provided

This is the perfect spot for the budget conscious traveller. It would make a great base if you want to spend a few days touring this beautiful area and visit nearby Coupeville, Anacortes, La Connor and Port Townsend. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
#2 of 4 in Oak Harbor
Acorn Motor Inn
Acorn Motor Inn
#1 of 6 in Oak Harbor

Been to Auld Holland Inn? Share your experiences!