“Best spot on Whidbey Island”

Frasers Gourmet Hideaway
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Oak Harbor
Price range: US$19 - US$37
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2018

My wife and I ate dinner at Frasier's last weekend and enjoyed our visit a great deal. We made an early reservation (they fill up quickly so don't expect to drop it without a reservation) and showed up a half hour early and were seated right away. My only complaint was that the service was slow to start then improved as the evening went on. We each ordered a NZ Sauv Blanc and 15-minutes later our drinks were delivered. We are quite familiar with NZ wine and that was not what was provided. When we asked our server she had a goofy answer about putting Sauv Banc "into the computer" and could not confirm that what she delivered was what we ordered. I hope this was just a simple mistake and not deliberate, but she took it back and returned in short order with the correct wine. I also commented on how we were feeling lonely and after that she become more attentive. We split a beet and mozzarella salad and my wife ordered the squash and shrimp soup. Both were excellent. My wife had the scallops and I the Spencer steak. Excellent again in both cases. We split a dessert consisting of a thin pastry shell filled with sliced strawberries and topped with a passion fruit mousse - excellent and unique in my limited culinary experience. No question that the best food north of Seattle is here.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

I met some friends at Frasers for a dinner, very surprised that Oak Harbor had a restaurant to this caliber. We made dinner reservations, the restaurant isn't huge, so reservations even during the week seem to be a good idea. They have a full bar, with great choices of beer and wine. All the seafood dishes my friends looked great and they all loved them. I had a ribeye and it was perfectly done! Plenty of parking, a great choice for a nice meal in Oak Harbor!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Went with a large group (12) and received very good service. I had the incredible pork chop and shared tastes of the scallops, seafood with pasta, a steak special for the evening, all were equally delicious.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

This is one of our go-to spots for a celebratory meal on the north end of Whidbey Island. Consistently good food and personalized service. We've been coming here for years. Chef Scott Fraser generously gives back to the community in so many ways. He has mentored the culinary program at Oak Harbor High School and helped his students bring home several prizes. He is instrumental in the annual Oak Harbor Pig Fest.

If you'd like to feel your patronage ultimately gets enriches the community, this is the place to come!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

What a gorgeous place to bring your friend or loved ones for a special occasion.
The food here is second to none. You won't regret your visit.