“Not impressed”

Cuisines: American
Whidbey Island
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We decided to give this place a try. We had heard that they served a good breakfast, not to us.
Service was not very good, except to the biker that the waitress knew.
Service was slow and the restaurant was almost empty. The food was very disappointing.
Not a good experience. We will not go back, in fact, I am surprised that they are still open.

• Visited November 2012

Oak Harbor, Washington
“I would rather go to McDonald's than eat here”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I took my family here since I had a coupon but it was terrible. I ordered a steak and it came with a salad. Salad had dirt and sand in it. Waitress didn't offer anything in return, just told me that it comes in a bag and nothing she can do about it. Steak was most likely thawed and thrown in a frying pan. Maybe the worst steak I've had. The rest of the family had something straight out of the freezer too.

• Visited June 2012
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Average food, but great service”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Nothing spectacular about this place, but it has good food and service.

Visited September 2011
Gaston, Oregon
“Not Henderson's is now Artie's”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This place has change names, it is now called Artie's. The place was very dirty! old and run-down. We came in for breakfast last friday at 9am and there was only one waitress working. My hubby ordered the corn beef hash and egg, I ordered the biscuits and gravy. My sister oldered the oatmeal. When my food arrived I took my fork and cut into the biscuit and it was hard as a rock!! It reminded me of the Beverly Hills TV show and Elly Mays Biscuits!!LOL!!!I couldn't believe that they would serve me biscuits hard as rocks! How can you not notice that when you put them on the plate that there hard and stale!! Anyway I had them returned and ordered the oatmeal, which was very good. My hubby on the other hand... an hour into our drive back home to Portland Oregon became very sick! We had to stop at the nearest rest area so he could throw up his meal. He was sick the whole way home and didn't eat or drink anything till that night. Deffinetly food poisining!! Don't go there!!

• Visited July 2011