“Excellent and a lot for your money”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of BBQ Joint

BBQ Joint
Ranked #7 of 85 Restaurants in Oak Harbor
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Transplanted Texans serving real Hickory Smoked BBQ and real Southern Sweet Tea. Our side dishes and desserts are made from scratch. Memphis Baby Back Ribs, Texas Beef Brisket, Carolina Pulled Pork, Smoked Chicken and Spicy or Mild Sausage. Come try our award winning BBQ and warm hospitality.
“Excellent and a lot for your money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The flavor of the meats were excellent. My husband and I shared ribs, double brisket and pulled pork. Sooooo good. The homemade potato salad and corn bread was so yummy. If you like bbq this is your kind of place.

2 Thank xspechtme
BBQJ, Owner at BBQ Joint, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
We are delighted that you liked our hickory smoked meat and our side dishes. Thank you so much for the five star review. It truly helps us bring in new customers. We appreciate you bragging on us:-)
Sonna & Tim

Victoria, Canada
“Amazing, thanks! Worth the drive from Canada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Ethan my son and I made a special stop at the BBQ Joint on Friday during our motorcycle trip though the area. We are from Victoria, BC Canada and have been planning lunch here for weeks. We were not disappointed. The food was amazing and the service from the staff was out of this world. My wife now wants me to bring her sometime in the future. It's a promise as I have never had brisket or ribs that tasted so good. Ethan loved his pulled pork sandwich. I included a picture of him. Also, as a fellow brother in arms (I'm a fire fighter in the Canadian Military) I thank you for all the support you give your military members at you restaurant. I had the opertunity to meet some fine US Navy members over lunch on Friday. Again, thank. Steve.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Firefighter_Steve12
BBQJ, Owner at BBQ Joint, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Firefighter Steve, thank you! This is one of the nicest reviews we have received. Thank you for sending the picture of your son Ethan. What a cute boy. We are delighted that you got to visit with some of our Navy customers. We look forward to your return. Best wishes, Sonna & Tim Ryan, Owners
Kirkland, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The food was really good but a little more expensive than we expected. The BBQ pulled pork was very delicious as were the baked beans.

BBQJ, Owner at BBQ Joint, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Sara, we want to thank you for the positive review. We get the best meat available and make everything in house. We are so happy you enjoyed your meat. We appreciate your business. Warm wishes, Sonna & Tim Ryan, owners.
Silverdale, Washington
“2nd Day in Oak Harbor...Pulled Pork was amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is the first time looking at the reviews. I went in with a friend because we were craving barbeque on May 20th, 2014. Pleasantly surprised and completely satisfied with everything! Got the pulled pork plate with macaroni salad, baked beans and cornbread...finished with a beer. This was so good that I didn't even put the barbeque sauce on the pork!!! Everything made from scratch that day...felt like I was back in NC. The staff was wonderful and I think the owner was the one serving us?? This place is a gem!!

• Visited May 2014
BBQJ, Owner at BBQ Joint, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Ken B., so glad you came to see us while you were in Oak Harbor. Even more, we are thrilled you really liked our food and service. We are family owned and either myself, my husband or daughter are always there. We smoke our pulled pork for 14 hours over hickory and are delighted that you thought it was very good. Please come back to see us the next time you visit. Many thanks for the 5 star review, it means a lot to us.
edmonton, Alberta
“another great visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

we visited the restaurant on May 10th, and found the service to be EXCEPTIONAL and the food FANTASTIC. really liked the atmosphere and the BBQ is the best that we have had in the western USA and Canada. when we are next visiting Whidbey Island we will once again be back. Keep up the great work, and thanks for having Cheerwine Soda.

• Visited May 2014
BBQJ, Owner at BBQ Joint, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
You are so kind to take the time to write a review for us. We so appreciate the all caps compliments! That is exactly how we want our customers to feel, We look forward to seeing you again! Sonna & Tim Ryan, owners.