“Peaceful Beach Retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean Park
The George Johnson House
Ranked #3 of 6 Ocean Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We spent a wonderful weekend at the George Johnson House, thanks to Charlotte the owner/proprietor who is the personification of hospitality. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very comfortable, with all the amenities a traveler needs. The bed was perfect. Breakfast was absolutely delicious, with so much food we didn't need to eat lunch! It's just a quick walk to the beach as well. By the time we left, we felt like family. We will definitely return and recommend to our friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at The George Johnson House last Wednesday and enjoyed it a lot. This home is filled with historical furniture and books and is very comfortable. There are 3 bedrooms --- on the 2nd floor, 1 w/ king bed and insuite bath, 1 w/ 2 beds and private bath next door, and on the 1st floor, 1 w/ queen beds and private bath next door. We stayed in the room with the king bed and slept very well. There is Wi-Fi as well as TVs with DVDs in each room. But you will want to be out enjoying the area with walks on the beach, hiking the Long Beach boardwalk or in the Willapa Wildlife Refuge, shopping or enjoying the oysters/seafood at the various restaurants/cafes. The owner of the B&B is a great cook as well and will fill you with a country style breakfast before you leave in the morning. She enjoys people and learning about what we do and have seen. I would have loved to have spent time discussing the history of the area and food. Her family lived on the Long Beach Peninsula since the 1800's. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jav9206
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We've stayed at a number of places on the Oregon and Washington coast before and were looking for something more peaceful this time, and the George Johnson House was perfect. Charlotte was wonderful and made us feel right at home, and the food was excellent. It was just a short walk to the ocean, where we walked for miles.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tyee room and liked all three rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I´ve visited the Washington coast many times but I´ve never been so close to the real Northwest atmosphere: endless beaches, quiet mornings, salty and fresh air but overall the charming little towns, and welcoming people.

Charlotte puts through her B&B the icing on the cake to the whole experience. She´s not only warm and smart but also shares with you a lot of experiences about her life in Seattle and this corner of the Northwest of the US. Share with her an early cup of coffee while she prepares a fresh cake for breakfast. OMG, did I say breakfast? I’m planning the next visit just thinking of those breakfasts!

There are other opinions that talk about this historic place, so no much more to say. I was a little bit worried about the lower bedroom that has no private bathroom. Well, nothing to be worried about: the bathroom (the one that has the old bathtub) is located in the hallway but very close to the bedroom; also there are bathrobes available so not a bad deal. Also there are available as many amenities as any other modern and fancy places like wifi, tv or bathroom toiletries. However you have the charm of a fireplace, the comfy rocking chair and a place that you wish to call home.

Before sending this review I'm not still sure if I want to share it or just keep the secret of this hidden gem...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I arranged for four friends to stay at George Johnson in September. One fo them is a retired travel agent who professed to "hate" b&bs. He gave his stay "A+" as did all of them. Three other friends were staying at my house in Ocean Park, and Charlotte provided breakfast for all of us both mornings of their stay. All who stayed there were immensely pleased with the accommodations. Bad weather or don't want to sightsee or walk on the beach? You can spend the day with Charlotte's small but well-chosen library. Is breakfast important to you? I have never (that's right - never) had a better breakfast anywhere. My wife and I stay in b&bs whenever we can when we travel, and I would rate George Johnson the best.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank william g m
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We spent three days at the incredibly charming George Johnson House in Ocean Park last weekend for my sisters wedding. Consumate Inn Keeper Charlotte Killeen stopped nothing short of us rotten! The house itself is filled with incredible artifacts, tremendous family and regional history, the delightful warmth of the arts and crafts era and all the modern conveniences one could desire. Charlottes skill in the kitchen can hardly be called simply "cooking" she is a master crafts person in the kitchen and spoiled us beyond all reason with home baked streusels, fresh almond pastries, hearty breakfasts including a superb stratta and much more. Our group slept like angels in the crisp linens and woke to the smells of coffee and baking. It was absolute perfection! I've been vacationing on the peninsula for 46 years and I will MOST DEFINITELY be back to the George Johnson! If there were 6 stars, this exceptional B & B should receive all 6!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank LKLD
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We recommend the George Johnson House! The proprietor is skilled and understands comfort and service. The house and bedrooms are clean and neatly appointed with Washington history and Native American art. The amenities in each room resemble a fine hotel. The breakfasts and sweets were sophisticated and yummy. The details combined with comfort made our visit to Oysterville and Ocean Park enjoyable!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple