“Awesome high school retreat!”

Klipsan Beach Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean Park
Klipsan Beach Cottages
Reviewed 19 September 2013

A group of Kelso High School Class of '62 decided to take a reunion to classmate Denny Caldwell owner/manager because he had never been able to experience our class reunions everything but the A-frame which had been previously rented by a family who traditionally rented that unit annually who commented to us about what a great idea we had. We totally surprised Denny and his wife Mary and her mother Mary. We had t-shirts made up for the occasion and presented Denny with one. What a great time we had and have formed an everlasting bond among us and we've returned every year since.

Klipsan Beach Cottages look like Cape Cod cottages sitting in a neat little row on the top of a sand dune. Each cottage has it's own personality but the bond they share is that they are absolutely clean and well stocked with table-ware and cooking utensils. Each one has a fireplace, most are gas fueled now. The beds are very comfortable and each unit has it's own wonderful personality/The grounds are absolutely beautiful and so well kept up. The Caldwells are an excellent resource for information about anything on the Long Beach Peninsula I highly recommend this wonderful place for a great time--it's like a little piece of heaven on earth. Tanya, Kelso, WA, USA

Room Tip: Ask Denny or Mary to show you any empty units and you'll be able to enjoy and appreciate the uni...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a great little set of cabins on Long Beach that are meticulously cared for by the owner/managers. I particularly appreciated the time and care spent in grounds and gardening, and the cabins themselves were very clean and well maintained. It's just a short walk over the dunes to the beach.

Room Tip: The King bed in Unit #5 is outstanding! (I need a bed like that for my home!)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan D
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I've comes here for years. It's the best little rustic place on the long beach peninsula.
Once you get all settled in here--- all you want to do is smile!!!
We are in cabin #5 ... King bed, fireplace ( unfortunately gas now), but very nice.
So... Breath the air, smell the sea, get in touch with life and... smile.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauraMcKay
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I almost hate to share this wonderful retreat with others since that will make it even harder to get a reservation. We spent four nights there and hated to leave. Since we visited partly during an early April week the managers let us poke around the other unoccupied cabins. Each one is totally charming, with full kitchens, dining areas, small bathrooms and either a gas or wood fireplace/stove.
The cabins are super clean, well maintained, with fully stocked kitchens so you don't have to eat out. The grounds are very park-like and the managers are super friendly and helpful. The beach is just a short 5 minute walk through the dunes.
It was our first visit there but it certainly won't be our last. This is classic Northwest beach living.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LakewoodTravelers
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Newly remodeled room, beautifully kept up grounds, nice bbq area. Our cottage was very comfortable and clean, well stocked with dishes, as usual bring a sharp knife and your own spices. We'll be back I'm sure, great place!!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jo F
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My husband & I stayed at the Klipsan Cottages with friends. We stayed in cabin 8 and the other couple stayed in the adjacent bunkhouse. In the evenings we all gathered in cabin 8 for snacks, drinks, and a warm fire. It was perfect! So cozy inside while the weather raged outside!
The cabin decor was charming--well done and very clean. I loved the down comforter and the quilts on the bed. The kitchen was efficient and very well appointed with good quality dishes and cooking tools.
The walk to the beach was easy--a big plus when you're getting up early to dig clams! I loved being able to look out the big windows and see and hear the surf. We didn't use the deck becuase the weather was too inclimate, but it was very cute and would be wonderful in the summer.
The owners are very helpful and responded to me immediately by e-mail when I was inquiring about reservations. Denny even called me before we came to confirm and answer any questions. I wish I could bring my dog--they don't allow pets. I understand their reasoning, so on occasions when we don't bring the dog, we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: #8 and the bunkhouse are a great combination for two couples. You can gather together in #8 for waki...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Few choices in this area and after research, decided on Klipsan Beach Cottages. Each of these are individual, stand alone cottages. We stayed in a 2 bedroom that had a little bumped out breakfast area. My husband toted wood for my sister and I (which he said was fine and since they provide it - how nice is that?). Everything was clean, working order, nothing broken, quiet, quiet, quiet.

A short walk to the beach and my husband and sister went out one night to view the stars. FANtastic!

People managing the place, the lady is very friendly and warm. Her husband - not so much - but you can deal with that.

Highly recommend and this is our new "go to place" at the WA Coast.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family