“Our favorite bed and breakfast”

Charles Nelson Guest House
Ranked #2 of 6 Ocean Park B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 June 2010

My husband and I stay in many bed and breakfasts. The Charles Nelson Guest House is one that we have returned to every year for about ten years. The owners, Ginger and Curt, are delightful hosts who are friendly and welcoming hosts without being intrusive with guests who prefer more privacy. The House is beautifully decorated with lovely guest rooms and inviting, comfortable common areas. Ginger prepares wonderful breakfasts, paying attention to personal preferences, and serving gourmet quality food.
The House is located away from busy tourist areas but close enough to be accessible to a variety of activities, shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 June 2010

We stayed here for only one night but we would have loved to have stayed longer. Ginger was the perfect host. Upon our arrival we were greeted with wine & cheese in the fabulous sitting room with a wonderful view of the beautiful garden . The room was beautifully appointed, clean & warm. The bathroom large & inviting. The selection of DVD's to watch is astounding. Breakfast was fabulous it lasted us all day. Certainly one of the highlights of our trip to the USA.I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the owners, Ginger and Curt. They made us feel very welcome and treated us like family. The rooms were beautifully decorated, warm and inviting. The grounds are beautifully manicured and peaceful. Breakfast was unbelievable. Homemade scones, quiche, bacon and fresh fruit. Ginger is a wonderful cook! Within walking distance to the ocean and small shops.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2006

Charles Nelson Guest House was the nicest B&B I've ever stayed at. The hostess was wonderful and even catered to my special dietary needs. The house is a charming, historial home in a very quiet area. It was so restful here, I didn't want to leave! Guests get the entire house, so it feels quite private. The attention to detail was impressive, with nice extras such as a selection of 15+ teas to make as you wish, a huge collection of DVDs, videos and CDs for guests, cookies, chocolates, and even a decanter of brandy. I enjoyed the relaxing sound machine in my room. The two breakfasts I had here were outstanding. In my opinion, this is a perfect guest house, and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank ConnieR

Been to Charles Nelson Guest House? Share your experiences!