“Not open as advertised”

Nanci and Jimella's Cafe and Cocktails
Price range: US$18 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nanci Main and late Jimella Lucas are two Northwest chefs who have created impeccable food legends and customer loyalty. Their Ark Restaurant and bakery in Nahocotta, Washington gained a national following for 22 years. Nanci and Jimella's Cafe' opened in 2004. The Menu includes classic offerings from The Ark and link memory and flavor. Fisherman deliver fresh catch through the back door, clams and oysters come fresh from Willapa Bay and local suppliers of organic produce and meats confirm their commitment to taste and health. The cocktail lounge serves top shelf handcrafted cocktails and there is a well rounded wine list. The Bakery makes homemade breads and desserts daily. Warm rolls are served at each table. Locally roasted organic coffee fills your cup with wonderful aromas. The intimate dining room has a comfortable bistro atmosphere and sparkles with tiny lights and fresh flowers. Chef Katie Witherbee studied with both Nanci and Jimella as well as the Le Cordon Bleu, Portland. She is a gifted chef in her own right and has built a menu that is both innovative and delicious. "The food is nothing short of outstanding...I would not hesitate to make the gastronomic pilgrimage again. " Mouth of the Columbia, restaurant review.
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Arrived here on a Thursday afternoon. Hours on website said it would be open (Thursday-Sunday, 11am-230pm). Hours in window said it would be open. It wasn't open. No notice on door in way of explanation. Extra disappointing since this is the top-rated restaurant in the area! Maybe next time.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

This is possibly the most quality food you will ever eat in a small, casual environment. Within the restaurant is a seafood market with great wine to go. Jimella has even cheffed for Pres. Clinton, when requested. I'm talking about top quality, here. She is known as "The Surgeon of Sturgeon". Order a seafood recipe. You won't find better, anywhere.

1  Thank JimN162
Reviewed 5 April 2013

On a girlfriends' weekend, this was the perfect place for lunch as we were out sourcing local fish and oysters for meals at the beach house. The clam skillet was delicious -- lots of plump tender clams in a light tomato broth with chorizo and leeks. Good local wine and beer selections and heavenly desserts. Sharing in encouraged, and the wait staff was very good. Fresh-caught spring salmon had just come in to their counter, and Jimella was kind enough to share (keeping the rest for their dinner menu.) Jimella and Nanci have a strong following, and for good reason. A must while visiting Long Beach/Ocean Park/Oysterville.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Fresh food, organic ingredients and lot of love put into those plates. A little bit pricey though. The owner knows very well her business and how to take care of her customers; unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to deal with her as my server. Not many tables so reservations are recommended.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We've passed this restaurant so many times saying that we have to stop in & check them out & finally did this past weekend. Our only disappointed is that we did not stop in ages ago - everything was incredible! The food was expertly & deliciously prepared & served. We started with the clam chowder which had a wonderful flavor & texture. My only recommendation would be to add a little more clams & potatoes. Being from New England, I'm accustomed to the chowder being a little heavier on content so it could just be my own expectation. I had the Skillet Clams for my main course and they were incredibly flavorful in a way that I have never had before - Love this dish! My dinner companion had the meatloaf which he said was the best he had ever had - moist & delicious. We're looking forward to our next visit & working our way through the menu.