Campbell House at Klipsan Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ocean Park Resort(Ocean Park)
Chautauqua Lodge(Long Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsmaster bedroomother guestsshort walklong beachthe ownercape codfresh fruitrooms were very cleangreat hostsegg disheslewis and clark interpretive centerocean viewbreakfast was delicioussand dunesover the topwonderful viewpeter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I just completed an 8-day trip in Oregon and Washington. Campbell House was the best hotel/inn I stayed in. Not only is the location fantastic, but the bed and breakfast was superb. With a home cooked breakfast, ( including scones), friendly conversation, a quiet restful sleep in a room with a view of stars and beach and golden dunes in the morning, I could feel myself unwinding and wished I could stay for a week. The view is beyond words and the room looks just like the pictures. By the way, I did not have a reservation but took a chance on being mid-week and was lucky to be able to stay. To get to it you drive down a narrow gravel lane and - there it is!! For a place to truly relax in quiet elegance (and homeyiness) this is the place.

Room Tip: The master room with windows on both sides makes it feel like you are almost sleeping on the beach because the view is phenomenal.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank oceandeb
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This inn was NOTHING like I was expecting, but better than anything I could have expected.

First of all, this is an INN in the truest definition of the word. A Bed and Breakfast, as some might say, but the innkeepers live onsite. Pete and his wife, Jo, sat down to have coffee and conversation about the day and really got me started off on a great foot, while providing suggestions for places to visit, and activities to try in the area. All of the breakfast items were locally sourced, and inspired by their trips to Europe back in the day. Don't expect huge egg casseroles, or anything, though. It was a simple spread of meats, cheeses, fruits, breads and jams...and perfect for the day, in my opinion. Nothing too heavy.

The inn is on the beach (though the view of the shore was blocked by a sand dune running the entire length of this area), so I went to bed each night with the window open just to hear the waves crashing on the shore...not before I enjoyed a walk up and down the beach, and perhaps some conversation with Pete around his fire ring while playing with his dogs.

I came to Long Beach for business, and booked my lodging expecting a normal place to lay my head each night. Instead, I found relaxation, and friendship, and the perfect end to every day.

Don't come expecting high luxury. This place is more akin to staying at your parent's place for the night. Warm, comforting, accepting...and perfect. I only regret that work doesn't bring me here much.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank MattMo37389
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at campbell house with my dad last night. The house and rooms were beautiful and the view was amazing! Pete and Jo were so sweet and welcoming and made us very comfortable. They were very interesting to talk to. The food was delicious. Pete made yummy scones for breakfast. Jo told us to visit astoria column after we left and we are glad she did because it was beautiful! Thank you for everything!!
Eric and Nicki

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank emizrahi
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This comfortable Inn is right on the beach and a short walk over the dune to some of the best clamming on the coast. The hosts, Peter and Jo, make you feel right at home offering unique beach view rooms all decorated with antiques and nautical touches and a lot of charm.
In addition to a bountiful selection on the continental breakfast, Peter and Jo can direct you to great restaurants, antique shops, hiking trails and more. You can also just kick back and relax with a good book, or play board games in the big cozy living room. We had a great weekend with family and friends and will definitely return.

Room Tip: The rooms on the west side have private baths and great views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Edward P
Reviewed 11 February 2014

When we want a beach getaway we usually go to the Oregon Coast, but recently we decided to try something different and check out Washington’s Long Beach Peninsula. It’s about the same driving distance from Portland and the area has everything you need for a coast visit: uncrowded beaches, good restaurants, a marina and fishing fleet, and, if you have kids in tow, an arcade, miniature golf, and go-carts.

We had not stayed in a classic B&B for a while so we decided to take a chance on a fairly new place in Klipsan Beach, just north of Long Beach, the major town in the area. The Campbell House at Klipsan Beach is on property that’s been in the current owners’ family for generations, and has recently been completely modernized and upgraded. It’s located right on the beach with a row of dunes between you and the ocean.

We decided to splurge and went for the Master Suite, which has a huge soaking tub in a window overlooking the beach and ocean – about the most perfect possible place to warm up and watch the sunset after a typically bracing winter beach stroll. I believe there are four rooms total; two have their own baths and two share a bathroom between them. It’s a two-story house that’s full of mementos and family photos going back to the early 1900s, with the bedrooms upstairs and a dining room and comfortable living room & TV lounge downstairs, so you can get away from it all in your room or hang out with the other guests.

This is a classic B&B, meaning breakfast is served family style and it was excellent. Jo and Peter, the owners, are excellent cooks and I fear I’d gain weight if we’d stayed there any longer. Jo is the one whose family has lived in the area for generations so she was able to offer lots of local background and ideas for things to do and see nearby. While we weren’t walking on the beach we checked out the fishing fleet at the nearby town of Ilwaco, the seriously scenic North Head Lighthouse, and the Ilwaco City Museum – which was way more extensive and interesting than I expected. It even has a replica of the entire Long Beach Peninsula in the 1920s, complete with a working model of the area’s Clamshell Railroad (yes, I’m a rail fan: could you tell?)

Anyway, we had a wonderful winter getaway at the Campbell House – the place is scenic and a bit secluded but not that far from town, the owners are hospitable and welcoming, and our room – with a deep tub from which you could watch storms roll in over the ocean – was to die for.

Room Tip: Go for the Master Suite with the soaking tub overlooking the ocean
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple