“Great experience”

Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed in one of the rooms with a hot/jetted tub located in the bedroom. The room was large and so was the bed. The bed was a little tough for my likings, but nice none the less. The room's location was on the bottom floor due to the tub, but still had a pleasant view (that unfortunately included some of the parking lot). The only down sides of my stay were having to go outside in order to access the lobby, and that parking was limited (although I got lucky). Overall I had a great experience and would suggest this hotel to anyone looking for a jetted tub in room at Ocean Shores.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed one night, the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The over all stay was great, clean rooms etc, the only complaint I have is the walls were paper thin!! Neighboring guests started making so much noise at 7 am on Saturday morning, we got in fairly late too so I wasn't ready to be woken up so early. But other than that it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Made a quick run up to Ocean Shores to visit the folks, and chose the Quality to save a few dollars for other priorities. Greeted at the entry by a doe and a fawn grazing on the landscaping (they glanced at us, but other than an extra look to see if we had an illegal apple, clearly perceived no threat and went back to their dinner). Check-in was friendly and efficient, with the only feedback being a little more information about the layout would have been good to encourage us to move the car around the side so we had less of a trek to the room through the corridors - would have braved the high winds and deluge for a couple minutes for closer access.

The room was clean and large, with a seating area in addition to the two beds. Love that it has a balcony, and will use that next trip (when the sun will be shining and a gentle breeze stirring across the dunes) - meanwhile, I opened the little window and enjoyed the sounds and smells. Always appreciate a refrigerator and micro. Had the (nice big) spa to myself in the evening and morning, which was appreciated to warm the bones after a very wet walk down the beach.

At checkout, my vehicle wouldn't start, and Mary Ann was very helpful with trying to locate car help on a Saturday (there pretty much isn't any, so don't break it), and letting us hang out in the lobby while we waited for AAA to tow us back to Portland.

Appreciated and will return.

Room Tip: They don't have an elevator (I think that's true - didn't see one and wasn't mention...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Loree_Harrell
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Above average motel type facility with a nice lobby, great staff, and decent rooms. Our room was on the small side, but it was one of the least expensive. It was in great shape - maybe refurbished recently? WiFi was 'available' but I couldn't get it in my room, but was able to get a signal from the coffee shop next door.

But the included breakfast was great. One word - bacon. I've NEVER seen bacon at one of these places, just a high carb, sweetroll & donut laden calorie fest. We enjoyed tasty bacon, hardboiled eggs, very good waffles, and decent coffee. Really a bargain.

Can't finish without a thanks to the staff. They were very friendly from the manager (who brought extra blanket in 60 seconds!) to the maintenance guy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IanF007
Reviewed 5 January 2014

took me a while to write my review. I will never forget this weekend here at this hotel. We stayed friday night on Memorial day weekend 2013 and my was it busy. The front staff was soooo nice and sweet! the room was decent and clean. Nice view of the ocean. We had the pool to ourselves which was nice. They had your typical breakfast. No complaints. I would definitely stay here again!

men please don't do donuts in the sand with your vehicles because it seems like so much fun. lol!! my husband decided to and broke the power steering! the mechanic out there says it happens all the time. Go figure. He was closing and didn't have the parts to fix it. luckily the staff let us park our suv until we were able to figure it all out. they even booked us the last room available in case we had to stay. We ended not staying and drove it back like that (we don't suggest that.. big risk) it would've been over a $400 tow! didn't have AAA... now we do!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2013

If you have never visited the Washington coast in the winter, you should go! And stay at the quality Inn. You get a nice, clean room with a good bed for very little money. And it has an indoor pool and hot tub. Hot breakfast is free, and I note the snarky comments about it, but you could easily spend twice as much at another hotel and not get breakfast. We plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristjan D
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Okay, just okay. The staff was very helpful and friendly! The room, however, was just okay. When we walked into the room, there was a very powerful scent of chlorine or bleach. The room was clean and well-stocked. The bed was hard as a rock. I was so sore the following day! We did the make your own waffle breakfast, and it was as you'd expect...okay.

Room Tip: You have to request a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple