“More than I expected!”

Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed 7 April 2014

First time to Ocean Shores and decided to stay at Quality Inn due to the fact they had a hot tub in the room. It was refreshing on arrival to have a warm welcome from the staff at the front desk! Took the time to show where the room was on the property map, where breakfast was and even had discounted movie tickets and what shows was playing, it has been a long time since I had this warm of welcome when checking into a hotel.

The room was clean, nice and roomy. The hot tub is a two person hot tub, but not for tall people, still it was great to soak in it. Nice large flat panel TV to hook my DVD player in, and in fact the hotel will rent you one if you forget yours.

We were blessed with a running small child in the room above us, and finally at 8 PM went to the front desk to complain. Came back from dinner at 9 pm and did not hear any noise from above until about 9 am the next morning. Thanks to Becky at the front desk for handling that problem.

Breakfast was complete with bacon, waffles, bagels, cereal and all the trimmings. Coffee was excellent!

I would suggest when staying here that a suite would be better than a regular room as when peeking in one while it was being cleaned it was a lot smaller.

Great staff and great hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TexTraveler778

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Great location, great value, love the breakfast choices! We do business in the area almost quarterly and have stayed here more often than not. We are very pleased with what it has to offer in terms of value and location. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel is conveniently located. It was very nice. We were in a corner room next to the entrance/exit door...every time someone came or left, we knew about it...
Breakfast was your Quality Inn breakfast...it was good.
I loved the area, very quaint little town. I can imagine that in the summer, that town would be packed with tourist.
Overall, the hotel was nice. We would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We have been staying here for several years. Great balcony from 3rd floor rooms! Always clean and staff is great. Breakfast is surprising with an almost endless supply of bacon!! Love the pool and spa. Not the newest place on the block but notice some updates almost every time we go. We connect on line and get terrific deals! Be glad to let you use our room! I seldom rate anything excellent but dollar for dollar--QI in Ocean Shores gets it!!

Room Tip: There is an elevator for the 2nd and 3rd floor rooms!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Room was nice, had a great stay while we were here. Room was clean, staff was awesome. We enjoyed the whole experience and will definitely stay here whenever we come to the ocean. Even though it rained the whole time we were there all was good.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an Ocean View room, just wish the ocean was closer to the hotel. It was nice to ha...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave R
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel over the valentines weekend. It was a fairly last minute thing, so the place was pretty busy. We've so far stayed in just about every hotel in Ocean Shores, and this one was above average compared to the others. If you are talking about customer service, this is WAY better than every other hotel we have stayed at. The front desk staff and the breakfast staff was friendly, personable and really a credit to their jobs.

The setup of the hotel is rather interesting. We stayed in the building that has Ocean Views, and came to find out that building is detached from the front office building. It was pouring rain that night and it was quite a bummer to have to get soaked going from our room to the front desk. It would be so easy to build protection on all four sides between the buildings, we're only talking 8-10 feet.

The room was an average hotel room. Not spacious, but not tiny. The balcony was quite cramped, but still usable. Walls as reported earlier are EXTREMELY thin, and as is usual for hotels, there is a huge gap between the front door bottom and the floor. We got to "enjoy" our neighbors TV most of the night both nights.

The morning breakfast was ok, however, there was only waffles and not very good bacon. No eggs, no biscuits and gravy or any other hot foods.

Each night the back door to the pool was blocked open, and one of the cardkey doors was also blocked open. This allowed just about anyone in who wanted to come in. We overheard a couple of girls talking about going back to their hotel (they weren't staying at ours).

Will we stay here again? You bet. Although it is our second choice if the right room isn't available at the Best Western.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheREALgregma
Reviewed 3 March 2014

What can I say? I cant say enough! I always stay at this hotel when I have to work in the Aberdeen area because of the Staff! Its a bit farther of a travel but well worth it! This trip I have Never been thanked so many times for being a rewards member! From check in to check out! Spoke with the General Manager when making my reservation and because it was a slow time of the season she upgraded me to a 3rd story balcony room over looking the ocean! Said" she was going to spoil me"! And she did! The room was wonderful, even skyped my family with the view I had! LOL The girl who checked me is always friendly and we chatted it up! Upon check out I was able to see the GM and again thanked for being a rewards member! I must say that she has to be one of the "If NOT" the friendliest GM I have ever met at any hotel I have ever stayed at, and I travel 7 states and stay in hotels every night 3 weeks at a time! There are many hotels to chose from when in the Ocean Shores area but I have only found that they only want your money and don't care if you go somewhere else and could care less if you stay with them or not. Here it is Very different! They Want you to say here and Want you to enjoy your stay and will do anything to make your stay pleasant and wonderful. This is a property that REALLY cares about there guests!!!! I Never take the time to call corporate (good or bad) but this time I did, Just to commend the GM and her staff on there hotel and property! Great Job and I WILL be back!! Hope you can still spoil me some more! ;-)

Room Tip: If you have the option request a ocean view, its worth it! Bit of a walk to the beach but that's...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business