“Great view of the ocean”

MorningGlory Hotel, Resort & Suites
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great view of the ocean”
Reviewed 23 January 2009

I stayed here for a business trip. The rooms were clean. I was upgraded to a suite, which was roomy. The view from the window of the ocean was great. All the rooms can see the ocean. Internet access was good. The breakfast was pretty good, though I am not a big breakfast eater. Staff was friendly.

Pros: location to the beach, good rooms, indoor pool, hot tub. friendly

Con: housekeeping could be improved.

• Liked — great views and location
  • Disliked — could be just a bit cleaner
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Forks
Reviewed 19 September 2008

I stayed at this hotel on a Sunday night two weeks ago. I was a bit concerned about parking as my room was on the south side of the building and when it got dark out I realized that the lighting in the lot was very dim so I went out and moved my pickup truck to the other side of the building where most everyone was parking, figuring with the increased traffic no one would mess with my new truck. I was sure wrong! Even after having gone out to check on it a few times before going to bed, when I checked out the next morning I found that someone had removed my tailgate and sat it next to the truck. I put it back on and left, only to discover a mile or two down the road that the lug nuts on my driver's side front wheel had all been loosened and somone had jammed some soft of metal object up into my caliper that stuck it shut against the rotor. Needless to say, I spent the next two nights at another motel while my new truck was at a local dealership where I incurred $850 charge to repair this completely. The parking lot at this hotel is very dim at night, and there are people mulling about everywhere. I would figure that a more upscale hotel such as this one located in a prime location would have better parking lot lighting but I can guarantee you I will never stay at this hotel again and will instead stay at Shilo Inn next door, where their lot was very lit up and they actually have security personnel. Other than the vandalism to my pickup truck and losing two days of work and almost a grand in expenses, the room was okay and otherwise the hotel is a nice one. However, if you are concerned about security this is NOT the place to be!

• Liked — Good view of the ocean, close to the beach.
  • Disliked — Very bad parking lot security, dim lighting, no security personnel.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank forksbear
Seattle
Reviewed 25 July 2008

We have stayed here before and we always have a good visit. As usual the breakfast was so much better than the usual continental breakfast. It;s just a short walk to the beach and town. The rooms have always been clean the employees are always friendly and helpfull.

• Liked — Great get away
  • Disliked — The weather can be cool at any time
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2008

Holiday Inn Express, Ocean Shores was a good choice for our family of 4 on this one night stay, July 7th, during our travel down the Pacific. It is an average type hotel, well worn by constant tourist to this part of Washington shore. It's constant battle with salt spray, and sand keeps it from being pristine, but the rooms were clean and have the distinct advantage of having a slanted window for ocean view on both the north and south view., even if salt spray has altered the clearnest of the glass. Other hotels have O/V or Not.

Double Queen beds were comfortable, bath was small. HI Express offers a limited breakfast, but it is better than nothing to start the morning. Actually, the cinnamon rolls and biscuits 'n gravy were pretty great! We paid the weekday rate of $80, vs the weekend rate of $156 which compells anyone to come during the week if they can.

Although this facility is 'on the ocean', there is quite a distance of dunes & grasses before the shore, but it 's only 1 blk from the road Chance A la Mer, which provides paved walkway and sand road. Cars were parked on the sand beach, but make sure you know if the tide is coming in or out, because you might have to move your car quickly with tide coming inward. Horse rides were offered at the beach for $20/hr for a slow trail ride.

Pool and hot tub available at hotel. Internet access from room was convenient. We ate dinner at Miriah's, after driving around town to check the possible dinner establishments and found them to have a reasonable priced menu. Our dinner there was quite good. 1/2 carafe of wine $8, Dinner average was $10.

We would be glad to come back to HI Express, Ocean Shores again.

• Liked — Ocean view, & close access to beach. Comfortable dbl/Q beds
  • Disliked — Pool looked dirty, reception was not overy friendly
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Puyallup,WA
Reviewed 27 April 2008

Nice facility, but when we got down there our reservations were completely messed up. They compensated us by upgrading us to a suite. However this not only happened just the one time, but it happened twice. The suites that we stayed in were very nice and clean. Pool was really cold though. It is in a really good location for beach access and shopping. Close to everything.

• Liked — Conveince of location close to everything
  • Disliked — Got our reservations wrong
  • Stayed June 2003, travelled with family
Tacoma,Wa.
Reviewed 24 April 2008

We have been to Ocean Shores, 5 out of the past 6 weekends and I wish we would have found this place "FIRST"! The first time we came down it was on a whim, now we come most every weekend. We've stayed @ 3 places; 1.) Quality Inn, 3 times. /OK stay good food! Plus buy one get one free movie tickets. 2.) Polynisian Inn, 1 and one time only. I sat in the lobby and heard the gal @ the desk give different prices on the same rooms to 2 sets of guests. They ran out of food before 8:00AM and it was spring break and thats why they were yanking folks chains with the room rate. Do not stay there they did'nt even say sorry for running out of food. I will stay in a tent before I will stay there!

3.) Holiday Inn Express, ( ONCE ) , that is all it took!!!!! GREAT, GREAT, GEAT..., ! I'm on my way back this weekend, make some more sausage and eggs.

• Disliked — Toaster didnt work well
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
WA
Reviewed 15 April 2008

Me and my fiance came into town friday at 5pm. We picked the Holiday Inn because it was in the same price range as others facing the ocean and looked great from the outside. We were delighted we were able to get a room no problem. Our room was clean and well stocked with cups, coffee and towels. Ok there was a light bulb out in 1 lamp...but that was no biggie to us. I loved the newly decorated rooms...and I so badly wanted to steal the burnt orange throw they now have in rooms. We didn't check out the breakfast bar the 1st day but the second day I did. I would say it was good for a hotel breakfast bar. It was filed with lots of families, crying kids and rude teenagers...but thats not the Holiday Inn's fault. The workers seemed to be keeping busy stocking the muffins, gravy, milk, oj and cereal...and the coffee was hot and good! On the way out on our last day we ran into one of the cleaning staff in the hall...she was very friendly inquiring about our stay and chatting about the upcoming clam dig next weekend. I would definatly not worry about the other reviews and give the Holiday Inn Express a try. Oh and I wanted to add don't expect a firm luxury mattress...it's a $100 a night room...and to me it was worth it. I've stayed in more expensive rooms in other cities that didn't have the amenities, space or comfort that Holiday Inn Express did.

• Liked — Cleanliness, Attractive, Price
  • Disliked — Burnt out light bulb
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple