“Ok, I guess, for the money”

Days Inn - Ocean Shores
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Puyallup, Washington
“Ok, I guess, for the money”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Ive stayed at this property several times but unfortunately this time I was disappointed in a few things. Most of all was the Maid service. I had two rooms for our family and my sons family. It is at the beach and we spent tons of time there. So when we would come back we would be loaded with sand. We were there 3 nights and they didnt want to REALLY clean our room for the whole stay. The first day - NO CLEANING. they knocked at my door at 5pm when I answered they handed me towels and soap and smiled and left. The next day we called 2 times in the afternoon to make sure they would clean it- by 5 they arrived and I said I was so glad to get the place cleaned and vacuumed, but she told me they dont vacuum if we stay several days.- they just make the bed - no linen change- and replace the towels and soap- they have a limit of 10 minutes in each overnighter room. UUUGH. But she said I GUESS I COULD VACCUUM for you. OK... make me feel bad like I was asking for something huge. She Vaccuumed. Same the next day - no vaccuum - no sheet change.
The beds were doubles in my room which I didnt really realize I had booked and were impossibel to sleep in with 2 people. I got a roll away they next 2 nights and slept in that - though it was crazy uncomfortable, it was more comfortable than trying to sleep on 4" of bed next to my husband.
the Breakfast is great- waffles, some fruit, cereal, etc.. enjoyed it. The pool was fun - but CRAZY amount of chlorine in the Hot Tub- to the point that if the jets were on my eyes burned so bad that I had to get out. So we didnt turn on the jets at all after that. I would tell the Days Inn to REALLY re-think the whole maid service cut back. It was icky at the beach. our rooms get dirty and I would love a sheet change SAND SAND SAND.............

Room Tip: The rooms are Clean when you arrive, it is the cleanliness AFTER that that bothered us
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sw Grand Mound,
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is our first time and this hotel and it will be our last. Everything is in poor condition. Air unit sounds like a jet taking off and doesn't work properly. We had to buy room fresher at the store because it smelled so bad in the room. The pool is okay. The hot tub didn't work. My advice is to pay a little more and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2013