“What a deal for a queen suite”

Ocean Shores Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
los angeles
“What a deal for a queen suite”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We booked a 2bedroom queen suite for $69 on Sunday (was $119 for Saturday). After staying in lousy motels, this place was great (its a mid level hotel). It was a roomy two story unit with 2 bedrooms, one bathroom and a sofabed. The kitchen and living room were upstair and were large and clean. It had a stove, fridge, and all kitchen accessories, bottled water and popcorn. The bedrooms were fine although the entrance was through the larger bedroom. It was like a basic timeshare but had only one bathroom. We loved it and for the price it is rated 5 stars.

Room Tip: Get a suite - much nicer and worth the money.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Dayton, Nevada
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The photos of this place looked great, and I booked a room for $49 in August! I'm thinking, what a deal! As it turns out, it was only a fair price. I was in a single-story annex, strange design, cheap bedding, a huge bathroom (you can see the toilet through the front window), and really thin walls. Luckily, my neighbors were well-behaved, and we all got some sleep. The remote for the TV was missing, so I asked the desk for another. They said they had none, and they've had a problem with guests walking off with remotes, box fans (no AC here), towels, etc. I asked them if it was OK if I tried to trade another guest my box fan for their remote, and they thought that was pretty funny. I went to drop my key off in the morning, thought maybe I could get a cup of coffee (no comp breakfast) since they advertise the office as open 24 hours. The office is actually open 9AM-10PM, and if you need something before or after, you get to call a phone number and wake somebody up. This would be OK for a family on a budget, otherwise there might be better choices.

Room Tip: Maybe upper floor?
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank steve a
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Rooms were not fancy but clean. A very good price. Staff was polite and helpful. Close walking distance to shops and restaurants. Dinner at Mariah's restaurant in the Polynesian hotel was wonderful. Beach access just a few blocks away. No ocean view but a great value!

• Stayed August 2013
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

At first glance this looks to be a hotel that had seen better days. But after checking in and settling into our room this place started to grow on me. The front desk staff were very firendly and helpful. Our room was a King suite. Very big with a separate bedroom, full kitchen and two!!! bathrooms. Everything was clean and comfortable. We had a balcony overlooking a golf course. A beautiful outdoor pool and courtyard. This may be an older hotel but the staff are working hard to renovate and upgrade. Anything I needed was taken care of immediatley.
We had a great time in Ocean shores. The stores, salt water taffy and renting scooters to ride on the beach.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially to a family on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mroddick55
Silverdale, Washington
Reviewed 19 August 2013

For the age of this hotel and the price I paid per night, I was pleasantly surprised. The room we stayed in was almost like an apartment. It was definitely on the older side but I was amazed at how comfortable my family was since we are used to staying in much more upscale properties. There was an outdoor and indoor pool and a really nice courtyard. My kids loved the outdoor pool. We were on the golf course side of the building and it was extremely quiet and we slept well. Lots of wildlife to look at on the golf course as well. The only thing that really bothered me was the musty smell in the room. We left the slider open the entire time to help air it out. All in all, we had a nice stay and were very comfortable. Very good location also.....within walking distance to the beach and stores/restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lakewood, Washington, USA
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

So we booked last minute and found a 3 bedroom family place with pool. Not on the beach and no views. Quirky 3 level set up with lots of space but many stairs to navigate. Kitchen on 3rd floor walk up with a double bed within kitchen area (?). Mix and match furniture recalls the ambience of college frat houses. Worn, dated and past their prime. Beds were fair. No daily housekeeping so be prepared to beg for towels and TP. Rooms dusty and in need of deep cleaning. Couches harbor leftovers of prior occupants. Regretfully, I won't be rebooking.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Surfpinky

Travellers are raving about these Ocean Shores hotels

Kent, Washington
Reviewed 14 August 2013

worst room ever, room smelled as soon as you enter. The walls are so thin we had to turn up TV all night to drown out other rooms around us. Bed was 30+years old my wife and I woke up with stiff backs. You could feel every spring in the mattress. Sheets smelled like bleach.
When I told the front desk the next moring they had no appologies and showed no emotion. I asked for a refund for my 2nd night and was told no due to a 48hr cancellation policy.

Room Tip: found other hotels for only $10-30 more including 1 bedroom condos.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple