“Staff friendly and clean but....”

Ocean Shores Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed 26 August 2013

It is an older building and it is expected it would have an "old" smell but it really reeked! We bought two jar air fresheners but found that wasn't enough. We went back out and bought a spray. We sprayed heavily and left the room for a number of hours but it really didn't help much. We went through almost an entire can of spray but the room continued to reek. It appears to us that the carpet was badly in need of replacement and the furniture, too, had an icky smell that was no inviting to sit on, The other disappoint was the amenities. No outlet in the bathroom. In the bedroom where there was an outlet...no mirror! The bathroom had no counter or shelf so there was no where for toothbrushes; hair brushes or makeup. Simple things like paper towels and more than coffee for one cup is not too much to expect.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HDBD

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We booked a 2bedroom queen suite for $69 on Sunday (was $119 for Saturday). After staying in lousy motels, this place was great (its a mid level hotel). It was a roomy two story unit with 2 bedrooms, one bathroom and a sofabed. The kitchen and living room were upstair and were large and clean. It had a stove, fridge, and all kitchen accessories, bottled water and popcorn. The bedrooms were fine although the entrance was through the larger bedroom. It was like a basic timeshare but had only one bathroom. We loved it and for the price it is rated 5 stars.

Room Tip: Get a suite - much nicer and worth the money.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The photos of this place looked great, and I booked a room for $49 in August! I'm thinking, what a deal! As it turns out, it was only a fair price. I was in a single-story annex, strange design, cheap bedding, a huge bathroom (you can see the toilet through the front window), and really thin walls. Luckily, my neighbors were well-behaved, and we all got some sleep. The remote for the TV was missing, so I asked the desk for another. They said they had none, and they've had a problem with guests walking off with remotes, box fans (no AC here), towels, etc. I asked them if it was OK if I tried to trade another guest my box fan for their remote, and they thought that was pretty funny. I went to drop my key off in the morning, thought maybe I could get a cup of coffee (no comp breakfast) since they advertise the office as open 24 hours. The office is actually open 9AM-10PM, and if you need something before or after, you get to call a phone number and wake somebody up. This would be OK for a family on a budget, otherwise there might be better choices.

Room Tip: Maybe upper floor?
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank stephen a
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Rooms were not fancy but clean. A very good price. Staff was polite and helpful. Close walking distance to shops and restaurants. Dinner at Mariah's restaurant in the Polynesian hotel was wonderful. Beach access just a few blocks away. No ocean view but a great value!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 20 August 2013

At first glance this looks to be a hotel that had seen better days. But after checking in and settling into our room this place started to grow on me. The front desk staff were very firendly and helpful. Our room was a King suite. Very big with a separate bedroom, full kitchen and two!!! bathrooms. Everything was clean and comfortable. We had a balcony overlooking a golf course. A beautiful outdoor pool and courtyard. This may be an older hotel but the staff are working hard to renovate and upgrade. Anything I needed was taken care of immediatley.
We had a great time in Ocean shores. The stores, salt water taffy and renting scooters to ride on the beach.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially to a family on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mroddick55
Reviewed 19 August 2013

For the age of this hotel and the price I paid per night, I was pleasantly surprised. The room we stayed in was almost like an apartment. It was definitely on the older side but I was amazed at how comfortable my family was since we are used to staying in much more upscale properties. There was an outdoor and indoor pool and a really nice courtyard. My kids loved the outdoor pool. We were on the golf course side of the building and it was extremely quiet and we slept well. Lots of wildlife to look at on the golf course as well. The only thing that really bothered me was the musty smell in the room. We left the slider open the entire time to help air it out. All in all, we had a nice stay and were very comfortable. Very good location also.....within walking distance to the beach and stores/restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

So we booked last minute and found a 3 bedroom family place with pool. Not on the beach and no views. Quirky 3 level set up with lots of space but many stairs to navigate. Kitchen on 3rd floor walk up with a double bed within kitchen area (?). Mix and match furniture recalls the ambience of college frat houses. Worn, dated and past their prime. Beds were fair. No daily housekeeping so be prepared to beg for towels and TP. Rooms dusty and in need of deep cleaning. Couches harbor leftovers of prior occupants. Regretfully, I won't be rebooking.

• Stayed: August 2013