“:)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Aberdeen, Washington
“:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Very good prices, my room was very clean and it was large enough for my whole family which was nice. My family had a blast swimming in the pool, would love to try the outdoor pool as well when weather is nicer. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Gave me lots of tips on things to do in the area. and told me where we could order the biggest pizza i had ever seen for my family. was HUGE!!!! :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bfenton01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Aberdeen, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Great rates, friendly staff and decent room. Centrally located so quick drive or nice walk to the beach activities, family activities or the cute little shops. Outdoor AND indoor pools! Indoor pool was very warm, I was able to go right in. Would definately stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

It is what it is. Ocean Shores is not known for its luxurious accommodations but there are better hotels out there. This hotel met my needs just fine for this trip. I wanted a cheap, spur of the moment trip with my dog and ended up staying at the Ocean Shores Inn and Suites. They don’t charge you and arm and a leg to bring your pet like some of the other properties in OS. Yes, the room was old and a little stale smelling but I wanted cheap and dog friendly. For this kind of trip, the place did just fine. If I was travelling without my dog and wanted to spend a little more money I would not stay at this place. But next time I want a budget friendly trip with my dog, I will be back. I do know they have no pet rooms that I’m sure are a little nicer and smell a bit better but I can’t review those since I haven’t stayed in one. The place gets 3 stars based on the kind of trip I was looking for.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sawtooth27
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was kinda concerned about this hotel because of all of those crappy reviews,
FYI, I booked One-Bedroom Suite Two Queen Beds.
bed was comfy, everything else was above my expectation.
close to beach too, but location did not matter since we could just drive through shoreline.
nothing special, but comfy bed and clean room!

Room Tip: Choose One-Bedroom Suite Two Queen Beds!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank JMoneyKR
Abbotsford, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed in a cute 2 bedroom suite. The accommodations were clean. The staff at the front desk could have been a lot more helpful. I found them to be lazy and not have much knowledge of the area. Not eager to go out of their way to help you.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jennifer M
Everett, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

My trip over to Ocean Shores was a spur-of-the-moment weekend trip. I wasn't exactly sure where I was going to end up, or even if I would stay the night in Ocean Shores. It was one of those trips I tended to advise against when I was a travel agent. After all, what if everywhere was full or the prices were higher than imagined?

Well, after getting lost on a dirt road in southwest Washington on my way to an out-of-the-way bar a read about but turned out to be closed for the day, the waning sunlight told me that continuing on around the Olympic Peninsula was not a good idea. So, I stopped in Ocean Shores, which was a waypoint I had planned anyway.

I found the Ocean Shores Inn & Suites in a quick search, but I wanted to check out other options, since I didn't know Ocean Shores well. Apparently, there was a bit pirate event in town, and it was a nice (though cold) weekend out there, so a lot of properties on the lower end of the rate scale were sold out. Actually, a lot of places were sold out. So, I revisited my initial search and got a room here.

The property is very close to the beach; not on it, but an easy walk. It's on the main street in town, so it's closer to restaurants, shops, etc.

However, the property could really use some upgrades and a little TLC. The room I was in, which was in a one-story section on the north side of the property, was a bit shabby. The beds were fairly comfortable and seemed clean, but the carpet was old. The bathroom was oddly shaped -- very long and narrow. There was a broken window in the bathroom; the outside pane was broken but the inside was not, though it's disappointing to look at the window and see the break.

There wasn't a lot in the way of lighting in the room and what it had was rather ineffective. There was a mini-fridge which worked, and a microwave.

I don't know if was just the fact that my room had a quasi-connecting door (and I say quasi because it was blocked by a table), but I heard everything next door.

What this property probably has going for it is the fact that it is oriented to families; there are units that have full kitchens so if a family were to stay here for a beachside holiday, it would be very convenient. There is a lounge and meeting area, so during the high summer season, I'm sure this place is hoppin'.

But the property itself needs some scrubbing and sprucing up. It's just old and run down.

However, the staff I came in contact with were very good, friendly, and quite helpful.

For one night, it was serviceable, but for a longer stay, I would probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank fly14wta

Travellers are raving about these Ocean Shores hotels

White Rock, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

The great staff, decent TV and heater/fireplace were the only redeeming features of our stay at this location. The members were very responsive to our requests - trouble is we needed them far too many times in our 2 night stay.
Drawbacks:
The non-smoking room smelled of smoke or something unpleasant. The couch, and chair cushions at the table were so bad we sunk almost down to our chins. The kitchenette was way less than desirable: coffee pot didn't work; stove elements only worked on high and set off the smoke alarm when turned on; no kettle; broken/missing tile in front of the sink; only one fork in the utensil drawer; no wine glasses, mixing bowls etc; fridge door opened toward the wall; horrible, mismatched old dishes. The only mirror in the whole place was in the bathroom.
The curtains closed, but with lights on all night right outside the window the bedroom could not be darkened.
The overall electric lighting was terrible.
The key card would not work most of the time and we had to be told by maintenance how to properly close the door so it would.
The entrance door moulding was crumbling on the inside.
Pluses:
The space was good and well- laid out.
The bedroom was adequate with a decent king bed, dresser and closet space, but no mirror.
The bathroom was also adequate but mold was evident on the tub tile. Good shower.
The electric heater fireplace with fan.
Great sized patio if one was staying there in the summer.

I would not recommend this place to anyone I cared about. Even though we had a good deal, it was so out-dated and tacky it was not worth the little $$$$ we paid - $88.00 for 2 nights at the beginning of Jan. We will not be back to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, avoid room 207.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple