We booked this hotel on hotels.com and I must admit we get a really cheap price but no where did it say that when we arrived we would get a room that only had a double bed with no room on either side for a bed side table, so no clock, no phone, nothing other than a bathroom and a bed. I was very upset as were there for a weekend away from real life. We should have suspected something when our room number ended with "A". It was like they had converted a storage room into a bedroom. I went down to the front desk and asked if they had a room with a fridge because I understood their room all had fridges. The staff at the front desk were very polite and blamed Expedia for the "false advertising" of the room.. For $20 additional per night she came up with what she said was their best room- two bedroom/two bathroom suite with a kitchen and living and dining room - it was right next door to the original room - it think the original room we had was originally part of this suite.
The hotel does need some tender loving care - the beds seemed to be in the wrong rooms. The king size bed was in the room with the ensuite but was so close to the walls, my husband banged this head on the wall each time he got out of bed. I could barely fit down my side - I had to put my slipper sideways in order for them to fit between the bed and the wall and I only have tiny feet!!! the other room had a queen size bed and a lot of room around the bed but the bathroom was all the way through the living area to so not convenient for middle of the night rushes to the bathroom. The beds were very soft I woke up with a bad back and unable to walk the next day - three days later I am still suffering. They were so soft that they felt like water beds. When my husband moved in the night I woke up as the mattress moved with each movement.
There were missing tiles on the bathroom floors, and the paint jobs left something to be desired.
Having said all this the front desk staff were extremely friendly and accommodating and the toiletries were really nice- maybe provide less fancy toiletries and put that money towards a little updating. And I appreciated the typed sheet with the TV channels listings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Shores Inn & Suites is a condominium hotel - condos with daily and weekly rentals. Available units range from studios to one, two and three-bedrooms. Most units come fully equipped with full size kitchens. Many units include fireplaces. Heated indoor pool and heated seasonal outdoor pool. Walking distance to the beach, shopping and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ocean Shores Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Shores Inn And Suites
- Ocean Shores Hotel Ocean Shores