“Great Fish”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had the cod and the crab cakes, both were excellent. this is a nice place to eat if your in Ocean Shores.

1  Thank Jane H

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that the day we were there was extremely busy, the weekend before Labor Day. The line to order food was nearly out the door, tables were very hard to come by. However as is often true in that situation the food was a worthy match for the way we endured. The Dungeoness crab cheese sandwich was one of the best I've ever had. The halibut was also excellent, the clam chowder was good. Maybe the best thing that we had was the sourdough bread bowl that the clam chowder was served in.

1  Thank RoanP
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Wow. This place has great fish n chips. And the secret is out. It is pricy but you get the quality you pay for. I love halibut n chips, theirs are hand breaded. Their cod is beer battered. Both good but I thought the Cod was better! Tip...it was very busy but if you can go in their bar (must be 21) and sit, the awesome staff will take your order and serve you while enjoy a delicious beverage. Otherwise you can order ahead online, wait in line to order "to go" or order in line then sit in the dining area and be served. They have other menu items like salads and crab cakes but I haven't tried those yet. The fish n chips is their most popular.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very long wait in line to order. Halibut fish and chips were somewhat dry. Best part of the meal was the shrimp cocktail. It was a nice size and very tasty. Clam chowder was just average.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I live about 15 min. from Ocean Shores. I took my granddaughter and grandson out to the beach on a beautiful day. Decided to try Bennett's. The atmosphere is casual and beachy. It is a fish bar- you order and they bring your food. The staff are pleasant. Our wait for our food was exactly 50 min. from the time we ordered and it wasn't that busy. We had the halibut and clam basket ($19.99) and the cod and clam basket ($14.99). It wasn't a dinner (no Cole slaw or salad). The fries were a lot better than the fish. Our raspberry lemonade was great! The halibut was paper thin and all was overcooked. A big disappointment-I would suggest a fish sandwich at Mcdonalds over Bennett's and save yourself some time and money!

2  Thank Terri M