“Go with the Right Expectations & You'll Enjoy It”

Bennett's Fish Shack
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 1 September 2014

My husband and I loved the ambiance and the food at Bennett's -- it's definitely a unique experience. Just don't go expecting a quick meal or super service. Everything is prepared fresh -- a blessing and a curse. A blessing because the food is delicious and a curse because the place is popular with tourists, making the wait for your meal long. So, sit back, have a margarita or two and do some people watching. We enjoyed the outdoor seating, flanked by two gas tower heaters. For lunch my husband and I shared a crab cocktail -- super fresh crab, sweet and delicious; an order of cod and chips -- very fresh; and a bowl of clam chowder. It was the beachy treat we were hoping for. Would have earned a five rating if they could have sped up the service.

2  Thank RSStone

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Completely overpriced plain food! Paid $40 for halibut and chips, cod and chips with clam strips, coffee and a lemonade. For that price you would expect something good! Definitely not. The coffee was cold, everything Was served in paper cups and such. The whole restaurant was filthy, the forks are stored on the table in an open bucket, completely unsanitary. We waited for at least twenty minutes for our food. Yes, it was big portions, but the food was totally average. For being ON THE WATER it was nothing special or tasty whatsoever. Even the fries were bad. Tasted like they hadn't cleaned the fryer oil in a long time. They forgot the clam strips in our order as well and took forever to get those to us. When we wanted to take the food home with us they gave us a paper basket and a bag... No top, as if that is something you could safely transport food in.

When I originally asked the girl at the counter whether she would suggest the fish and chips or the fish taco she said the fish taco had made her sick... That should have given me a huge sign not to eat there. So be careful.

I honestly wouldn't go back even if it were free.

The casino is way cheaper and has much better food.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

My family and I came into Bennett's in Ocean Shores for vacation, the line was fairly long but we were greeted by this girl as soon as we walked into the door. She was very helpful with explaining the process and also about the wait time. We decided to stay and eat here, we heard the food was amazing. When we got up to the counter the same girl greeted us with the same lively attitude which was very nice to see. We had never been here before and had plenty of questions, all of them were answered to a T. We ended up sitting at a booth. My husband I and our two girls. We had been waiting for our food for about 15 minutes when we saw the waitresses coming out, the same waitress walked by our table, she informed us that our food would be out shortly after we had inquired about it. A few more minutes pass and a different waitress comes to check on our table, as she nears my husbands beer is accidentally spilt and gets on the waitress, she leaves angrily with no offer to help. I went to the front to ask for a towel to clean it up, and the waitress with the cross tattoo offers to follow me and clean it for me, quickly and efficiently she cleans the beer and broken glass , I felt so embarrassed but she continued reassuring me that it was okay and that accidents happen. We offered to tip her, she explained tips were split by all employees and refused to keep it for herself. She was also the waitress who brought us our food, it was nice and hot! Everything looked so amazing and tasted even better then we could have imagined! When we were close to being done we stopped her on her way back to the front to ask for a to go box and she happily obliged,all the other waitresses seemed to be behind the counter just hanging out. We cleaned up, set everything to the end of the table, and this same girl came to clean our table, kindly she said " thank you for coming have a good night!" Never have we felt so welcomed, helped and well attended to. This was an amazing dining experience. With great service from this young lady! We cannot wait to stop in again! Recommended highly with 5 stars!

1  Thank Wendyhopper
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have been to Bennett's and we were not disappointed. The fish and chips were done perfect and chowder was OK. Service was fine, but with hungry kids, it is never fast enough:). In reading the reviews of this place, I was worried that it would take a long time for food but ours came out in about 20 min. I think the walk up counter and get your own drinks from fountain, gives the perception of fast food an therefore should be food served fast. Over all great!

1  Thank fisherman71387
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Was able to eat here late after rounding the coast of Olympic National Park. The food was good, nothing special though. I had the Dungeness Crab and Cheddar Melt while my friend ad the Fish Taco which is actually a giant fish burrito. Both were good, service was ok. All around an average rating.