“great value for the money”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Overall our stay was great. The employees were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and neat. The breakfast was wonderful and a great value for a family of 5-I estimate my family saved close to $100 in eating out money for breakfast and while the dining area is a bit small, you can take the food into your room if need be (that is what our 3 kids did who wanted to sleep a bit later while mom and I are early risers and had no crowd to deal with). Get up early and beat the rush, enjoy your free newspaper and breakfast (fresh waffles, scrambled eggs, hot and cold cereal, fruit juice, fresh fruit and pastries, yogurt, free coffee) and relax or wait until close to the end to avoid the rush. The hotel was quiet for the three days and two nights we stayed and we had people on both sides of our room and above us (we had a ground floor patio room that opened up to the picnic area) and the family enjoyed the pool (midnight swim). Yes the rooms are a bit warm but we had our fan on high (very quiet) and opened our patio door to let the fresh breeze in. The queen beds were as comfortable as any regular hotel that I have stayed in (my wife found them a bit uncomfortable for her taste) and the sofa bed my daughter slept in had a poor mattress but we made it work. But those were the only things that I would say were less than 5 star. Overall we had a great time as a family and the hotel met all of our needs and we would consider coming back if we were in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank koolkid1369
OSComfortInn, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Thank You for choosing our hotel for your stay Koolaidkid1369. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and do hope to see you again very soon. Thank you for taking the time and writing a review for our hotel.

Reviewed 9 July 2011

loved the room we were on the 4 th floor (415)the only things i can say bad was there were kids jumping on the floors and running the halls all night and early mornings.and the breakfeast room is way to small for this big place.and had to rent a cable to use my network..and what the hell no screens on the window s are they waiting for a law suite .or what .i would think this is a must.....!!!! loved the kite flying and the beach would i stay here a gaine? if the price is right yep yep.warrm up the pool was freezing

Room Tip: for the price ok place to stay just no screens on windows for small kids.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hotlips2408
OSComfortInn, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2011

Thank you for staying with us. We are in the process of putting our screens back on all the windows. During the colder months the winds are pretty violent so we remove them so we do not lose them. I am sorry for the noise disturbance; we do have a strict 10PM policy that we do strictly enforce if we are informed of disturbances. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2011

I just stayed one night at this hotel on July 5th 2011, I have stayed here before and had no problems. This time was different, and I will never go back! I was quoted $159 for a king/jacuzzi/fireplace room with a view.

Upon going to our room we found dirty carpet, urine in our toilette, along with some toilette paper on the seat. We went down and spoke with Gary C. at the front desk and was told it was the water and just to, "flush it, I guarantee its just the water, it has some minerals in it right now." Well, no turns out that the water came back not the color of urine. 30 minutes later as I stepped into the shower there I noticed the walls were covered with long black hairs. Gross!!! I overlooked the dirty toilette, the debris all over the carpet, but the hair was the last straw.

In order to make up for our room they 'upgraded' us to a bigger room, which had a broken fireplace. We complained about this as well but were told "sorry!". What exactly was I paying for here?

Guess what? I also got charged $150 for smoking in the room which was completely false! I was never even told of this until I looked at my bank statement, and in fact it appears I was overcharged for the room, as it cost $204. Where did the extra $45 come from? I was yelled at by the person who claimed to be the manager, who first said they found an ashtray in the room and the front desk man smelled the room and agreed it stank she said. She then changed her story to there were cigarette butts in the garbage can, and said she smelled the room, the said she wasn't even there.

I was told by Comfort Inn corporate that the name the woman gave me was not the name of the manager they have listed. I am in the process of waiting to be contacted by corporate in regards to my complaint.

This place is also very loud. Like having no walls at all, which isn't a huge deal but if you want peace and quiet don't come here.

Room Tip: Beware of extra charges!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank glittergalaxie
OSComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2011

I am sorry your room experience was unpleasant. We do not charge a smoking fee unless clear evidence has been found in the room. The room rate plus tax and 15% is authorized on you card when you check in, $204 is not the actual charge you will be paying. If your bank does not release the difference within 10 business days please let us know so we can address this issue. I am sorry that Corporayte has mislead you , but Rondi Gentry is the Manager of this hotel, Corporate only has the General Manager listed. We do have a strict 10PM noise policy that when we are made aware of a disturbance, we strictly enforce. Thank you for the review and bringing such matters to our attention.

Christina Affinito

Reviewed 4 July 2011

My family and I stayed in a suite and had a wonderful time. The rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. They had great service and the town is beautiful...we enjoyed our stay and can't wait to come back....

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank joylena33

Thank you for your review and I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us. I hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2011

I came here based on all of the positive reviews on tripadvisor and expedia. I thought this would be an amazing deal. Well, long story short I will not be staying here ever again. We were put on the 3rd floor and all night long we heard the people on the 4th floor, walking around, flushing their toliets, and talking. The walls are super thin, and you can hear everyone around you. Not good. Also, there is no AC in the hotel and the room that we were in did not have a screen on the window. The rooms are old, and it smells old. I felt as though there is an overwhelming smell of bleach in the room and the towels are very thin. I will not be going back. I would pay a little more next time for a better hotel, it's worth it when you are on vacation.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mom2Al

I would like to apologize for the terrible experience you had at our hotel. We want every ones stay to be great. We have a strict 10 PM noise policy that if we are informed we will enforce. We do offer fans for those guests who request them, there are not many hotels in Ocean Shores that have A/C, but we do try to do whatever we can to make your room more comfortable for you. We are in the process of placing our screens back on all our window. We do have to remove them during the winter season because of the violent winds we experience. Thank you for letting us know how your stay with our hotel was, so that we may improve on our services.

Reviewed 14 May 2011

As I write this the morning after our stay, the sounds of kids jumping of beds fills the air. The floor/ceiling walls in this place are paper thin, and the employees know it. So why they would put a family with young kids on the fourth floor right above us (the place was probably half full), I don't know. We had to call to complain at 10pm because the kids were running around their room. At 7am, the kids were jumping around again. When I just spoke to the Manager to complain about the situation, I was offered 10% off our room. Seriously, we got very little sleep at the hotel, and you're going to offer us $8 for our trouble. This is our VACATION. When I said that the compensation didn't appear to be fair, she was less than sympathetic.

It's just so sad. This property has everything to be successful. A great location, and nice rooms with amenitities (although it is a bit odd that they don't have WIFI). How a hotel could be built with such paperthin ceilings, I don't know. How they could hire such incompetant jerks as employees is an even bigger mystery.

Tripadvisor has an "Add Pictures" feature. I wish they had an "Add Sounds" feature. I'd record the sounds I'm hearing right now through the ceiling on my iPhone and download them.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank truax78
OSComfortInn, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2011

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience you experienced while staying at our hotel. We enforce a strict quiet time policy from the hours of 10 PM to 7 AM. If brought to our attention we will maintain this policy and enforce it in any way possible. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as we strive to improve in any way possible

Reviewed 12 October 2010

My wife and I spent 6 wonderful days at Comfort Inn in Ocean Shores, WA. The room was immaculate, the staff was so polite, friendly, and happy. We really enjoyed the great view of the ocean, the warm inviting fireplace, the large, in-room hot tub, and tasty breakfasts.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Montana1948
OSComfortInn, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your opinion and concerns.