“Not sure why they are ranked as low as they are”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Washington
“Not sure why they are ranked as low as they are”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We spent a couple of nights a few weeks back at The Guesthouse and weren't really impressed. We just happened to be able to sneak down to Ocean Shores during the last part of the winter break and was able to get a great, midweek deal at The Comfort Inn and what a great stay. I've never stayed anywhere with a nicer, more friendly staff willing to bend over backward for any request we made. The room was awesome. Great ocean view, fireplace, jacuzzi in the room. What more could a person want? Price was right even though they seemed pretty busy during the break. Every time we encountered a housekeeper they offered a cheerful hello and asked if there was anything we needed. Front Desk greeted us every time we returned. All in all it was a great stay in Ocean Shores. Thanks to everyone for a great stay especially Bill, Miraya (sp?) And Larry the manager who spent time chatting up our kids and offering ideas for fun things to see.

A couple of things to know. 1) the pool is open 24 hours for adults so if you can get away after 10pm you don't have to put up with wild kids and 2) the breakfast is good but can get crowded. Either eat early or plan on taking your food to your room.

Thanks again Comfort Inn

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank FmlyTrvllr
OSComfortInn, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for all the kind words. We are fortunate to have an outstanding staff who enjoy making sure all of our guests are having an enjoyable stay. It makes coming to work everyday fun for me.

Tell the kids the deer are still out back every day looking for handouts.

Thanks again!

Larry Cook - Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Ok, we were looking for something inexpensive, but we do check trip advisor, sometimes before, during or after a visit. Since we were looking for inexpensive we were hitting the reviews pretty hard. Check out about a dozen places when we noticed a response from management at this hotel to a negative review. Recently I stayed at a hotel with horrible housekeeping practices and left a negative review and their response was riddled with...shall we say "untruths". This management review seemed so honest and genuine. Thats the kinda place I want to stay. So for $55(ish) WE DID NOT expect an ocean view, WE DID expect a somewhat dated room, showing some wear and tear of an inexpensive hotel, hopefully a comfy bed with clean linens, and average service from the nightly check in. WHAT WE GOT, was greeted as choice rewards member and complimentary upgrade (to a partial view, and although it was touted as partial, it was a great view); a super friendly and professional night desk clerk who made us feel welcome and at home; a smaller room than we're used to that was somehow still spacious with a comfy bed, large flat screen tv, fridge, microwave, coffee, and not one, but two comfy chairs and a table, near the sliding glass doors that led to our balcony which boasted a great view of the ocean (when the fog let up long enough to see it). The room seemed recently updated, no suspicious odors, no stains and/or tears on furniture and flooring and the linens were crispy and clean. Breakfast was hot with eggs, bacon, waffles, fruit, pastries, and of course cereal. We did get to meet the manager and he was just what he appeared to be on paper. Friendly, helpful and reasonable. We stayed here for 3 days and had no problems, except that we needed to get rid of two Seahawks tickets and were glad to GIVE them to the kid at the desk and it turns out he doesn't like football. LOL. We'll definitely return and if they're too busy to give us an upgrade we wont complain cause we didnt expect one for $55. We loved the place and will be back when we return to OS.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank posibility409
OSComfortInn, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. Right now is agreat time to visit the beach as we usually have the opportunity to upgrade people for little to no cost depending on dates and how you made your reservation. Couple that with our 24 hour pool and full breakfast and we are a great value that's hard to beat.

More importantly though, thank you for seeking me out and saying these nice things to me in person. It had been kind of a rough day and the nice things that you folks had to say really turned it around. I always appreciate hearing how we are doing our jobs well.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Larry Cook
Manager
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have stayed on several occasions - most recently on a gorgeous sunny December day - and am always met with courtesy and a nice room. They offered me a terrific upgrade as a frequent guest, even at off season rates. Looking forward to another visit very soon!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
OSComfortInn, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Thank you for the kind words. Please come back and see us anytime. We look forward to seeing you again.

Larry Cook - Manager
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed in the most fabulous room in ocean shores at the Comfort Inn. It was amazing. The upstairs loft with a huge hot tub up there. Very cozy with fireplace and excellent view of the ocean. Free breakfast, polite people and great time! I would diffenately recommend this room!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
OSComfortInn, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your birthday trip. Come see us again soon!
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was so pleased with my stay at Comfort Inn .I have stayed at other hotels in Ocean Shores before and this will be the only place I stay from now on. The whole hotel was so neat and clean. I requested extra pillows and they were already waiting for me on the bed when I got into my room. The pool and hot tub were wonderful. I really enjoyed the free breakfast ! There were so many things to eat like waffles eggs and bacon biscuits and gravy and much more. Also there is a Starbucks right inside so I could get my favorite drinks. It has excellent views of the ocean. Larry was super nice and helpful also quit funny. I can' t wait to come back to the Comfort Inn and Suites.Thank you for making our trip enjoyable :-)

Room Tip: Eat the free breakfast
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HollyBuk1977
We are so glad to hear you had a great time and we always appreciate the feedback. Thank you so much
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My wife and I planned a weekend getaway to Ocean Shores WA. We chose Comfort Inn because we had stayed there before and had a good time. We booked a Jacuzzi suite paying around $120 a night for two nights. We arrived around 8:00 pm the first night. We had dinner and unpacked everything and by the time we were ready to use the Jacuzzi we found out it was broken. My wife called the front desk and the gentleman answering the call said he would be right up to fix the problem. We were both kind of shocked and told him it was 11:00 pm and we were not presentable and his response to this was I will give you ten minutes. Not happy with that reply I told him that we were not going to be rushed as well as have our privacy interrupted
So we were able to transfer to the room next to us moving are stuff to the new room. I wasn't very happy we rented the room for the Jacuzzi to relax and not worry about anything. The hotel has a plaque at the front desk that states there is a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. I talked to the manager early next morning and he apologized and asked what he could do to make it right I suggested giving us another night sense the first night was ruined. His response was he couldn't do that but he could give me 20% off. Well so much for the 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. My wife and I were looking for a hotel at Ocean Shores to renew our vows I guess we will keep looking. Wound not recommend staying here but if you do stay at this hotel hopefully you wont experience any problems with the room because there 100% Customer Satisfaction guarantee is only worth 20%

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 104jeffi
Thank you for your feedback. I have been intentionally slow in responding to this review because sometimes we take these things personally and tend to want to be overly defensive on our responses. At the same time the same generic response would have little positive effect in responding to the guest's statements.

We do have a sign on our wall that is policy at all Comfort Inns. It reads, "Commitment to Satisfaction - If you're not satisfied with our accomodations or service please let the front desk know without delay so we can make it right"

We live by that policy every day. Not because it is policy but because we truly want to see our guests happy. That's the main reason we get into this business. We enjoy it when our guests are having a good time and don't need some policy to work towards that goal.

I am sorry that we failed to meet the guest's expectations. We did offer to fix the problem immediately and we offered more then one solution to the guest. We did also offer 25% off per night of their stay or looking at it another way 50% off for the night of the problem. I left the conversation with the impression that everything was fine. It didn't become apparent that I was wrong in my assesment until a couple of weeks later when it was too late to fix the problem.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 October 2013

An absolutely delightful experience. Welcomed me as Elite Platinum member, upgraded us to a large suite with ocean view without additional charge. Room was outstanding, clean, comfortable, good breakfast including a Starbucks stand. Staff extremely helpful in finding a good local restaurant. Slept to the sound of the surf. Wonderful experience, would go back again without hesitation.

Room Tip: ocean view suite is great
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple