“Loved the size of the room and ocean views”

Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The hotel decor is slightly dated, but we found everything to be very clean. It was an oceanfront room with a private balcony, which was wonderful for morning coffee. The problems we had were that the bed was very firm. It was very uncomfortable for me, and I had trouble sleeping because of it. I think the mattress was fairly new, just didn't have a plush top. We are getting older, and the ultra firm mattresses are not comfortable for us. The other drawback is that the "fireplace" is an electric one, and doesn't seem to give off any heat. It is not as enjoyable as a real fireplace, or a gas fireplace. Overall, we enjoyed the stay, and will definitely go back.

Room Tip: 4th floor has fabulous views of dunes and ocean........also great for kite watching.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores

Reviewed 1 September 2011

I don't usually write reviews but of all the hotels we have stayed in recently this was the worst especially for the cost. Very dated looking and they only gave us 2 towel. Front desk upon checking in was very polite. Checking out not so. I had to laugh their workout room is basically in the lobby.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

THIS PROPERTY IS AVERAGE CONSIDERING THE PRICE YOU PAY! The rooms are oudated and the bedding looks unclean; there are lumps in the mattress. However the bathroom is large and I liked the television in the bathroom. It was great to watch the news in the morning while preparing for the day. The exercise equipment is outdated and limited. There are no treadmills so when it's raining outdoors, guess what, you don't get to exercise that day. Breakfast begins at 7:00 which for a resort area it's normally at 6:00am. It's just okay and it wouldn;t be my first choice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary B
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed the television in the bathroom. It is nice when you are taking a long soak in one of our Jacuzzi tubs as well. We strive to make the whole property clean and inviting, and we hope to be of service to you in the very near future at Shilo Inns Ocean Shores.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

each year we go to ocean shores. we travel twenty hours to get here. we always stay at the Shilo Inn. The rooms are clean, large and all face the ocean. The staff is great at the front desk. I never got a 'no' to any request I made.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

We are so pleased to welcome you and your family to the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel each time you visit us. We take great pride in our large clean guest rooms as well as the beautiful ocean view that each room offers. I will pass on your kind comments to the front desk staff and I know they will be so happy to know they have met your expectations. Please come back again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

The beds were terrible and the mattress lumpy and sagging. The room looked dirty and there were only two towels. The pool is right of the lobby as you come in. along with the exercise room. It is like being in a glass cage for everyone to view. The place is dated and there are no benefits to even stay here. The mini refrigerator did not work well and the AC was noisy. The restaurant was mediocre and over priced. Of all of the places we stayed on our vacation this was the worst.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Please accept our sincere apology that your visit with us did not meet your expectations. All of our beds, bedding and carpet were updated three years ago. The cleanliness and comfort of our guest rooms are of prime importance to us, and we take great pride in the loyalty of our many return guests. When we have disappointed a guest that we hoped would return, we are very sorry and would like to make it up to you. If you would like to discuss a return visit, please don't hesitate to call me. I look forward to talking with you.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

My dog and I stayed here one night. This was the first time my dog has stayed at a hotel. I checked into the "dog friendly" rooms, which are on the first floor. You do not get a view of the ocean, but you have a patio door that gives access to the lawn for the dogs. I thought it was a fair trade. I was nervous checking into a "dog room". Afraid it would smell like urine. There was some obvious damage to the bathroom door from s dog scratching and the carpet had some stains and damage. But again, I didn't think it was a big deal. The room was clean and didn't smell at all.
I only heard dogs barking ion the morning. I think they got left in the room. Unfortunately this made my dog want to bark.
I ordered room service. The service was fast and friendly. Food was okay. Surpringly the asparagus was cooked perfectly, but the shrimp was WAY over cooked. Very dry. Not inedible though.
You do hear the neighbors plumbing a lot.
Overall I thought it was a good value for the price.
As for the bed (another review mentioned the beds being too firm). I think it's just a personal preference. The bed is firm, but I didn't find it uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Great for dogs.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We visited Ocean Shores in early August with our two young granddaughters and stayed in a room with two queen beds, a small kitchenette, and living area. First off, let me say that we have stayed at this Shilo before, but it was in 2002, and except for the bedspreads, nothing has changed. The accommodations were fine, as it goes, but there is room for improvement. The mattresses are extremely firm, and I woke up with a backache both mornings we were there. They do not provide DVD players, so the videos I brought to entertain the girls went for naught. And we ate at the hotel restaurant one night for dinner, and in a word, the food and service were AWFUL. But that is another review. The large indoor pool and spa are very nice and the girls spent hours down there enjoying themselves.

On the bright side was the service we received. One evening, one of our granddaughters tripped and fell in the parking lot and skinned her knees quite badly. She had blood running all down her legs and was near to hysteria. The girl at the desk was very quick to act, getting us bandages, an ice pack and extra towels. She was very solicitous and we were extremely impressed with her caring. I wish I could remember her name, but kudos to whoever she is.

Seeing as how there are a whole bunch of new hotels in town since we were last there in 2002, we might try another place next time we are in town.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for your valued comments. We are pleased that you and your grandaughters enjoyed our pool and spa, and that our front desk agent was helpful when your grandaughter hurt her knees. We want our guests to be as comfortable as possible when they visit us, and I appreciate the feedback you shared. We have recently been upgrading to new beds, bedding, and carpet. We do hope that you will come back again and enjoy Shilo hospitality the next time you are in Ocean Shores.