“Off season this was good value”

Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Cheltenham
“Off season this was good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We were directed to this hotel by the visitors centre half an hour away. it was well worth the drive. the room had a balcony facing the sea and was divided into a small sitting/dining/kitchen area with working fireplace, bedroom and bathroom. The only worrying thing was a television in the toilet - we would not have touched it or the controller!! The staff were lovely and the restaurant was reasonable but not outstanding.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Betty,

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience as our valued guest.

Nikki Hoggan,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Moses Lake, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Staff a little unprofessional. Food not so great. Room was nice. From past experience, ate meals out, except for a couple of midnight snacks. I probably wouldn't stay there by choice - was there for conference.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Portia,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We certainly do care that you enjoy yourself when you stay with us, and we strive to train our staff to be warm, courteous, and helpful at all times. If you would like to call me, I would be pleased to talk with you more about the unprofessional behavior you experienced while here, and I will be able to use your thoughts as a training tool. It sounds like you did not have meals here because of a prior experience, but I can assure you we have made management and staff changes that have made a positive impact on the dining experience. I am sure that the next time you stay with us, you will see for yourself that our restaurant has greatly improved.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel as part of a group. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't a double-queen suite, with a little kitchen area (with microwave, fridge and faux fireplace), and a large window and a glassed door to a balcony that showed me the ocean I love. Apparently, all the rooms have ocean views!

I'm not the kind of guy who goes to a hotel to watch TV but there were 3 TVs in the room (one in the bathroom, one in the kitchenette, and the obvious one in front of the beds).

The staff was terrific and cheerful. Almost like they enjoyed working there. They even laughed at my jokes, which my family can tell you is a trial at best.

I've told my group that this hotel is a deciding factor if we have another event in the area. It's definitely on my short list of preferred hotels. Thank you so much for the memory!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Shilohotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Russ,

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. We are happy you were pleased with your guest suite and our wonderful staff. We feel very fortunate to have the staff that we do, who focus on the comfort and excellence of service to our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

The Shilo Inn at Ocean Shores may not be a 5 star resort, but the staff is! The room we stayed in (426) had a deck, a fireplace, a mini fridge and a microwave. I stayed with a few other women for a conference. We called and requested more towels which were delivered within 15 minutes. We ordered coffee be delivered in the morning (this was a special request) and it was on time! I was quite happy with the service we received while staying and am happy to return next year!

Room Tip: I believe all the 4th floor rooms are mini suites with decks and views of the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Shilohotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear MKGirl,

Thank you for letting us be the host for your recent conference. We love having groups stay, and we especially enjoyed it when your group visited us. We are so happy that everything was to your liking and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Bothell, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Spent two nights at this hotel. Most of the staff was very nice, but the bathroom and the counter area adjacent are very dated and need maintenance more than anything else. The vending machines are very expensive even for a soda and the room could have been a bit cleaner. The keys also locked us out of the room 3 hours prior to check out, we had to have a maid let us into the room to gather our belongings so we could leave, when I asked about this, they blamed it on my wallet- really? All three of us had the same problem so all of our wallets must have been bad! It made us late to our next destination. No valet help with baggage etc..... For the price, I expected a bit more.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before you "check in" stay away from elevators!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear sgrosvenor,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. So happy to hear that our staff was pleasing and helpful to you. We do have maintenance staff here 24 hours a day, so when you need maintenance in your guest room please don’t hesitate to let us know. We will fix the issue promptly! The same goes for housekeeping. If there is ever an issue in your room all you have to do is call the front desk, and it will be taken care of within minutes. Sorry about the keys not working the second day. Many times the key will be put in a pocket or purse touching a cell phone, and that seems to deprogram the key.

Thank you for visiting us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

The Shilo Inn in Ocean Shores, WA might not be the swankiest hotel in the area but it has two amazing reasons to stay there.
1. Every room has a balcony with the view of the ocean
2. The hotel is right next to the beach access road. You can walk down the road or drive your car right onto the beach!

While the hotel is dated -- the rooms are spacious and clean. The price is reasonable! I use to take my boys here when they were little so to me it holds good memories.

My husband & I went here recently -- we stayed on the 3rd floor. We saw deer munching on the grass right below us. (Over all -- we counted 14 deer in Ocean Shores over 2 days.) Mr. Raccoon even plodded down in front of us! What fun.

Every staff employee was so friendly. When we needed extra towels -- we had them within 10 mins. While I wish it was updated with more modern furnishings -- I can't complain about anything!

Room Tip: Choose the 3rd or 4th floor -- you'll have even a better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Teach4Jen
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Teach4Jen,

Thank you for your great comments. We love it when we hear that our guests enjoy what we take such pride in offering: A beautiful ocean view, cleanliness, affordability, and friendly helpful staff. We hope to see you and your family again in the near future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I saw in a previous review that the hotel was built in 1995, but it definitely felt even more dated than that. Kitsch doesn't even begin to cover it. However...the room was spacious, the staff was friendly. Rick, in the bar, was especially helpful...although difficult to hear him over the older gentlemen on the piano, violin, and bongos playing equally dated show tunes. We eventually decided to take an attitude of embracing the cheesiness and it helped. Would I stay here again? Most likely if it were again a spontaneous trip and everything else in Long Beach was full. Would this ever be my destination of choice? Definitely not....unless I was jonesing for bland food, cheesy etched glass, and 80's decor.

• Stayed October 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Ellisd2,

Thank you for your visit. We get many compliments on our hotel and restaurant, and many people comment that they love coming here. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though, and we hope that you will indeed visit us again. We are happy you enjoyed your spacious room and found the staff and Rick in the bar friendly and helpful. Thank you for your comments.